Morpho Cafe

Contact 075-4325017

309 Saikachicho (at Kamigyo Ward), Kyoto, Japan,

Vegan restaurant on Horikawa-dori at the corner of Kamichojyamachi and on the west side of the Horikawa river canal. Offers a large selection of mains, as well as some cakes and desserts, drinks, and set meals. Closes 2nd and 4th Wednesday of month. Mon 11:30am-3:00pm, Wed-Fri 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon 5:00pm-9:00pm, Wed-Fri 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:30am-9:00pm Opening hours are guidelines only - call ahead to confirm

Category: Vegan, Japanese, Raw, Western

First Review by Jessqi

Amazingly nice food at affordable prices - Edit

This is another exceptional restaurant that we have visited on our kyoto trip. It's easy to travel by bus after a visit from nijo castle. Just a few bus stops away. Their food is purely vegan and their vegan pizza is AMAZING. Vegans must definitely make a trip down because its def worth that little detour!

Pros: Excellent food quality, Reasonable prices

Cons: Location is not very ideal

It's got to be my favourite cafe - Edit

Make a trip here because it's worth it. I knew it was going to be good, seeing the posts on instagrams by my fellow vegans in Japan. We wanted to try 4 dishes but could only fit in three between us. We had the cutlet dish, the vegan dish, and the burger. Each were a delight to eat and were affordable. The cafe is cosy, the staff is friendly, and their parfait is delicious and cute too. Go go go!

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Cosy

A big pleasure to find this restaurant! - Edit

On our trip to Japan we stayed 4 days in Kyoto, where the Morpho Café is a real vegan Highlight!
We tried a mixed macrobiotic plate which offered a great variety of Japanese tastes. The Ramen soup was incredibly tasty and also unusually filling for Japanese habit.
I liked the relaxing atmosphere combined with a generous menu; not this one Burger and one Curry-Stuff, that is quite common in vegan catering. And last but not least, it's not expensive at all!!!

Pros: vegan, everything tasted great, affordable

Love this place! - Edit

Best vegan pizza ever had! Total vegan restaurant, so everything on the menu is vegan and tasts delicious! Even the chocolatcake. If I had more time I would eaten there every day! The restaurant looks nice and tight, good decoration, very cosy.

Pros: Only vegan options, Herbal tea, Desert

Cons: They close in the afternoon

Favourite meal in Kyoto - Edit

Amazing fish burger, boyfriend got the soy meat burger which he also enjoyed but we both agreed the fish burger was better.
We also split the eggplant and soy meat pizza anticipating small portions, and afterwards we were stuffed. The pizza was incredible.
Chocolate cake and chocolate parfait for dessert topped off this great dinner!
Service was good too :)

Great vegan food. Highly recommend - Edit

Excellent little vegan cafe with pasta, burgers, curries etc. our group of four had the eggplant pizza, green curry, bolognaise pasta and taco rice. All delicious! I would have gotten the ramen but it was only available after 5pm. We then caught a short bus ride to the golden temple which was great.

Lives up to expectations! - Edit

Here's what you need to know!

1. This restaurant is as good as everyone says! Excellent! Must have the ramen. We also enjoyed the green curry.

2. Service is delightful! So nice!

3. Really inexpensive. Great value.

4. Opening hours are random and the place fills up - - must call in advance to ensure they are open, and must make reservations! The random hours can be frustrating (it took us three days to get in), but be patient and it's worth the wait!

5. They only take cash.

Pros: Fantastic and reasonably priced!!!!

Cons: Opening hours are random

Come for the ramen! - Edit

I came here for the ramen because as a vegan, finding good ramen is hard. Usually its soy or miso based. But this cafe uses mushrooms and peanuts to get a really creamy broth! The serving is large, I finished the broth but left a lot of the noodles!
I really recommend this place for vegans. Ramen in Japan is incredible, but really hard to find veganised. So this place is a gem :)

Pros: cheap, delicious, unique recipe

Amazing! - Edit

I ordered the ramen bowl and to my surprise it was huge! And under 1,000 yen!
I also ordered some chocolate cake with cream, which was really yummy.

Pros: Unlike most japanese vegan places, you won't leave, I'd say is rather centric, between Nijo castle and, Cheap

Cons: Probably opening hours

so good we came back to Kyoto - Edit

We have been back to Kyoto just to eat here 4 times now. The food is that good. We found an apartment only a block away and eat here everyday for a week. The burgers are fantastic. The red curry noodle and the ramen, only available at night are scrumptious. The vegan plate now comes with 3 options with spring rolls or a soy meat dish. Generous portions for around $10.

For the Aussies, try the yam, natto, avocado rice. Natto is the Japanese Vegemite.

Just be warned: this is a small restaurant with few tables and very popular with the locals. It is best to call the owner who speaks very good English to reserve a seat if you really want to guarantee you will get in. We see locals and tourists turned away all the time as the restaurant is full or someone has a table reserved. Trust me, it is worth the effort.

The owner Kazu and his wife work very hard running this little store doing the serving, cooking and cleaning every lunch and dinner. After our last two week visit they gave us a free bento box for our train journey to Tokyo as they were closed the next day.

The store closes every Tuesday and the second and fourth Thursday every month.

If eating here only once, you must try the vegan 'fish' burger and the vegan plate.

Pros: Great value, English speaking, Friendly owners who work there

Cons: Closed Tuesday, Closed first and fourth Thursday

One of the tastiest vegan restaurants in Japan! - Edit

Morpho is without doubt one of the best vegan/vegetarian restaurants in Kansai. I live in Kyoto and Morpho and Mumokuteki are hands down the two best places in Kyoto (they are equally great). Highly recommended!

Pros: super tasty & cheap (1 dish for just under 1000¥), friendly owner, nice, quiet place

Cons: irregular opening hours (call ahead)

Delicious! - Edit

So glad we found this place! We happened to be staying at the Brighton Hotel in Kyoto (which feels a bit removed from the main part of the city), but was only a five minute walk to Morpho Cafe. My fiancé got the green curry rice ( a little spicy ), which was absolutely delicious. I got the creamy vegan ramen and it was super tasty, very creamy (made with peanuts and mushrooms).

There were only 2 employees working and at 830pm on a Friday the tiny restaurant was pretty full. (They stop taking orders at 9pm). Because of that, it was a little bit of a wait for our food, but not too bad. Both employees were very nice and the main waiter spoke good English. We highly recommend this place, some of the best vegan ramen I've ever had for sure! And only 900 yen for a huge portion, great deal.

Pros: Tasty, Good vibe, Reasonably priced

Cons: Little longer wait for food, Only takes cash, Closes at 9pm

The noodles ARE the best I've had too! - Edit

We came to Morpho Cafe twice before and it was closed, then too busy and third time was a charm as we got seated. We came here to try the noodles as a previous reviewer said how good they were. When it came time to order though, we hadn't realised that they only serve them after 5pm! Our faces weren't able to hide the sheer disappointment in finding this out so he went away and came back and said "for you, it's a special. We can make noodles." We couldn't have been happier and I'm so grateful to the man (owner?) who served as they were si delicious! I lived in Asia for just over two years now and these have been the best I've tried. I absolutely hate mushrooms and there plenty in this bowl and I think the broth is mushroom based but it didn't matter as it was devine.

Pros: HUGE bowl of noodles and so tasty! Staff were very

Cons: Quite small and busy so make sure to book ahead. L

Finally found it open and it was worth it - Edit

My wife and I came to Kyoto on April 2016 so the restaurant was closed every Wednesday. Wish we would've known before making the trip twice before actually getting to eat there. The food was really good, the price affordable and the service awesome as well. Will be coming back if we're ever back in Kyoto.

Pros: Vegan, service, taste

Cons: Should have hours of operation on the door

good place - Edit

We went there for dinner, 3 of us. The Vegan plate was original and really good, the vegan fish burger (coming with French fries and salad) very tasty and the eggplant pizza crunchy. Size was perfect for all dishes. Slightly disappointed though by the rice plate with Yam, Natto and Avocado which was basically some plain rice with peaces of avocado, tomato, beans and dry alga on it, ie nothing really original. If we had to do it again, we would have taken the cutlet plate instead. All in all it's a good treat and good value for money. We recommend.

main road haven - don't judge the photos - Edit

more than burgers here. this beautifully designed restaurant and cafe is a haven from the main road it exists on. a lot of natural light and space to relax in. I went with the set menu 1100 Yen for eight taster dishes, soup, salad and rice. all in a Japanese style. a great mix. they also have food ranging 500-1000 yen for those more financially conscious.

Best Vegan - Edit

This was the best food we had at our Japan Trip so far. Really good food and nice ambiente. The have some japense style vegan food as well not only burger and stuff.

Pros: much options, very tasty , nice ambiente and peopler

Great food! Cute café. - Edit

Highly recommended. All vegan. Very delicious. Very cute and clean café. Last order for lunch is 2:30. Reopens for dinner at 5 pm. Good lunch plate. Great vegan "chiken" katsu (veggie catsu). Delish hot chocolate. Very good chefs... Cool service. The male chef/server speaks English. Good Ramen... We went there a few times and enjoyed it a LOT :-)

Pros: all vegan, organic, delicious and cute place

Three's a charm - Edit

The French have a very popular expression "jamais deux sans trois", translated literally it means "never two without three", but "three's a charm" sounds much better.

During my first week in Kyoto I had to try my luck three times at eating at Morpho Cafe. The first time, I was too late, the second time it was closed on a Wednesday with a Japanese note on the front door - which I couldn't read - but the third time all my stars were aligned, though it was late afternoon on a pounding August day.

I was timidly welcomed by the staff and shown to a few tables that I could sit by myself. After being served the doctrinal glass of water, I was given the menu, which was also in English. My verdict was swift, the soy meat burger with an additional side order of French fries and a glass of refreshing Yuzu soda to wash it all down and forget about the sweltering heat outside.

I was the second customer at around 17h00 (5pm) but it filled up steadily as time passed. My order was quickly delivered, and I couldn't wait to dive into the burger. The bun was quite tasty and dense which gave the whole burger a good chew. On my first bite though, the whole burger became a "sloppy joe". Never too shy to lick my fingers, as it's somehow expected when you handle a burger, I have to admit that the taste of the burger was at par with my expectations. The French fries, which were more potato wedges than fries, were not greasy at all and had plenty of flesh to munch on. The Yuzu soda was a pure bliss to my tastebuds as I love the zest of this distinctive Japanese citrus fruit.

Before I left the building, and to satiate my greed, I ordered the chocolate cake to go. A short bike dash to my hotel and I was able to spend some quality time with a rich, flavourful and very chocolaty cake.

I am ready to go back for more.

Pros: Plenty of choices. , Delicious burger buns. , English menu.

Cons: The staff is a bit shy.

great desserts - Edit

Nice atmosphere and friendly service. Didn't like the fish burger that others have recommended. Everything Else was very good. The parfait was fantastic.

Pros: friendly staff, great desserts

Awesome food! - Edit

Awesome food, friendly staff and nice atmosphere. Had the red curry noodle soup, the green curry and the veg friend soy meat platter. Had to go back a couple of time on our trip. Kazu was very helpful.

Pros: Awesome food, Friendly atmosphere, Delicious

Cons: Closes at 9pm

Delicious food- try the fish burger! - Edit

Everything I ate here was delicious (bar one weird slimy thing from the daily plate which was very small), but I'd particularly recommend the fish burger-it was amazing. I'd almost go back to Kyoto just to eat it again. Service was friendly and the interior was rustic cosy. They have food items you can buy to take home including some baked goods like biscuits. It's on the same main road as Nijo castle (Horikawa Dori, but is a fair walk (there are buses running up and down pretty frequently). Good if you want to build up an appetite though!

Tasty and satisfying - Edit

My (non-vegan) daughter first introduced me to this cafe. It's just a few minutes walk from her apartment, and now it's my standard request for our lunch venue whenever I visit her.

The combination plate consists of several small dishes--a strange mish-mash of styles, but ultimately quite satisfying with one or two especially taste-worthy items. There's always one fried item in the set, more oil than I would like, but nonetheless I always manage to give in to temptation!

Of the desserts tried so far, the berry tart was pretty good.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Tasty and satisfying

Great food, nice little place - Edit

After attending a tea ceremony near the Kyoto imperial palace my girlfriend and I decided to check this place out. The place had a nice vibe to it, it had a slight Mediterranean feel to it, or at least the Japanese version thereof.

The staff had good enough English for us to order without difficulty. My girlfriend had the fish burger, which was great, while I had the taco rice. While my meal didn't live up to the hype that I imagine taco rice to be (I like tacos and rice, so what can go wrong), it was still a good meal.

Morpho Cafe was overall a nice experience. Very reasonably priced, and good, although not mind-blowingly good, food. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a meal nearby.

Pros: Reasonable price, Good location, Nice atmosphere

one of my best! - Edit

It was my first visit in Kyoto but I found that Morpho Cafè is a wonderful place to relax and eat delicious vegan food.
This is one of the best vegan restaurant even in the world I've visited :) .
The menu is not big but we found terrific the noodle, especially the red curry noodle. They are so good! I miss it! We try too the rice with avocado and natto perfectly equilibrated.
All the portions are big with a good balance price/quality.
You have to try the parfait dessert too.
The couple who run the restaurant is so kind and warm!
You can try the set menu (main dishes + drinks+ sweet).

Pros: excellent food, big portions, good value, not far Imperial palace & Nijo castle, not smoking!

Cons: Menu is not very big

Friendly, warm and tasty - Edit

We went with a group of Japanese friends and they were excited too-- the set meal was HUGE with lots of different things to try, the curry was DELICIOUS with just enough spice, and the Natto (the "stinky, sticky beans") with avocado was beyond... Staff friendly and not too intrusive (there's a little bell at each table to call them over, so no hovering!). They also had an amazing strawberry cake with the best whipped "cream" I've ever had. Not so easy to get to on public transportation, but definitely worth the journey.

Pros: Strawberry Cake!, Non-terrifying Natto experience, Friendly family atmostphere

thankful for vegan - Edit

Morpho restaurant had a warm family feeling to it when I was there for lunch. The staff were very friendly and spoke some English. At first the portions seemed small but there were many different dishes in the lunch set that ultimately, I left feeling stuffed and satisfied. The small bowls had a hodgepodge of tastes like a curry pasta, pickled daikon, seaweed salad, and potato salad. The set lunch had some choice like vegan pork cutlet or croquette. The set also came with a sizable serving of brown rice and a large salad. Everything was super tasty. I went for the additional drink and dessert set for a few hundred yen more. It was very reasonably priced for an everyday lunch destination. Definitely going back! Bravo!

Pros: price, quantity, taste

really really good! - Edit

a bit far to get to from the main train stations of Kyoto, Morpho is definitely worth the walk/bus/bike/cab.

we sat and were served in a nice timely manner, my friend ordered the Vegan Ramen, i ordered the Red Curry Noodles which the waiter warned me that it was really really spicy, this just made me more excited. the curry wasn't THAT spicy but definitely had a satisfying kick. my partner's ramen was a larger serving than the red curry and was quite hot (temperature wise). I'm glad i picked what i did though.

after dinner we ordered a chocolate parfait, it had bananas so i was already satisfied there. the chocolate cake was actually INSIDE the parfait so you can just fork out a bit more for the parfait instead of ordering the cake. but i'm biased as ice cream and bananas are my favourite. maybe the cake had ice cream? i don't know.

it should be noted that our waiter had a great grasp of english and there was no struggle with communication. would go back in a heart beat if my legs aren't too tired. a nice stroll back though along the little river walk way that runs parallel to the main busy road.

Pros: delicious red curry!, price is great, super friendly staff

Cons: a bit of a distance

Delicious - Edit

Easy to find, a nice walk from Gion Shijo Station (Keihan line)
Relax atmosphere and good music.
I had the Veggie cutlet, and it was excellent. Comes with soup, salad, rice, and tofu.The soup was particularly tasty. Staff is friendly and speaks a bit of English.

Pros: Food, Prices, Atmosphere

Decent place for dinner - Edit

I had dinner here one night and, on the whole, it was enjoyable. The place is interestingly decorated with natural wood slabs as tables. The service is no frills until you ring the little bell for attention.

I ordered the fish burger and it was nice, crisp, and tasty. I could have done with less of the tarter sauce, but it did taste good. The fries on the side were fantastic. They were a bit thicker cut and well seasoned.

For dessert I had the banana caramel pizza and that was a mistake. I should have known better but it just sounded so weird I had to try it. It was just so bland tasting. It is served with a dollop of whipped topping (reminded me of Healthy Top) in the center that melted immediately and pooled onto the pizza. I also had a chai tea which was average.

Pros: Cool decor accents

Delicious and relaxing restaurant - Edit

This place was really amazing! I ordered a faux fish burger with fries as well as a parfait for dessert. Maybe not the healthiest choice but it was nice to treat myself. The food was very fresh, tasted incredible and was presented beautifully. The parfait was absolutely incredible! You could easily take a non-vegan here and they would be very satisfied! I absolutely recommend Morpho Café.

Pros: Good atmosphere, Amazing food

Lovely food, good vibe. - Edit

Easy to find Vegan on a main road in Kyoto. Found this both on Happy Cow and recommended by the staff at Ks House backpackers. Vegan, organic food is very tasty and wholesome. Cafe is a really beautiful earthen looking spot with butterflies everywhere! Very pretty and a great vibe.

Yummy - Edit

We visited morpho cafe on our last day in kyoto - but wish we went earlier so we had time to return! Super tasty dishes. I ordered the green curry, was quite small but delicious. My boyfriend got the taco rice which was super tasty also. Cool vibe and friendly staff. Definitely give this place a go!

A nice place - Edit

I like Morpho Cafe for its range of different dishes. The have Teishoku, an assortment of different small foods, which varied every time I've been there. Then they have rice based meals, pasta and burgers. They also sell different products. Sometimes it's cookies and cake, sometimes vegetables. The atmosphere is bright and the staff are friendly.

Pros: wide range of dishes, sale of vegan products (cake, cookies, veggies), quantity of the plates is satisfying

Cons: it's recommended to check if they are open

Nice food :) - Edit

We went to Morpho twice on our recent travels to Kyoto in Japan.

The service was good and the meals came out fairly quickly. The restaurant is on a main street and is easy to find (we caught a taxi).

The restaurant was clean and had a nice atmosphere. The meals were not bad. We found the pizza to be a little bland, however my boyfriend ordered the spaghetti bolg and it was delicious! The lunch plate was pretty good, but nothing fantastic - we had been in Japan for a few weeks so had some pretty amazing food. The dessert is really good - we tried the banana caramel pizza, chocolate parfait and strawberry cream pancakes - all good. We ate a few different mains so I can't remember exactly what else we wordered but I rememeber nothing was bad, just some things a little bland and others more tasty.

Overall not a bad restaurant and I would probably go back if I was in the area or couldn't go to one of the other amazing veg restaurants in Kyoto.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Clean restaurant, Good dessert and spaghetti bolg

Cons: Some meals a little bland - eg. pizza, You ring a bell on your table for servic

Nice food and atmosphere - Edit

Firstly the opening hours of this place are really strange. They are closed the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month....
So if unsure call ahead!
Of course, the first time we turned up on the 4th Wednesday!

They also close the doors an hour before their closing time, so don't try and turn up for a quick bite at 10pm or so, as we did the second time!

BUT, when we did finally get to eat there, we tried the Vegan Meat Plate, Tomato Burger, Cream Pasta, Green Curry and Vegan Chocolate Cake.
The food was really good and came fairly quickly. The soya hot chocolates are also amazing!
There is an English menu and the staff speak good English. Very friendly people who are always refilling your water. There is even a little bakery section with cookies and muffins to take away.

The restaurant is clearly marked out the front and we didn't find it difficult to find. Public transport around Kyoto isn't the best, but we took the bus to "Horikawa Shimochojamachi" stop on number 12, 9 or 50 bus and it was just a few minutes walk up the street.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Friendly staff

Cons: Weird opening times

Friendly cafe, out of the way location - Edit

Morpho is at the corner of Horikawa and Saikachixho dori , about a 15 minute walk from subway station Imadegawa. A nearby landmark is the Raku Museum. We spent at least an hour trying to find it, without knowing both the names of the two streets above. Hours are 11:30-15:00& 17:00-22:00.

The vegan set was delicious, with unusual takes on carnivore food: vegan Mac and cheese, vegan cole slaw, tofu burger. The cafe atmosphere is welcoming and relaxing, jazz music playing, a bare bones English menu and a friendly waitstaff to explain the options .

The cafe is also walking distance from the Imperial palace and garden--about 15 minutes.

Pros: Vegan options, Friendly ambiance

Cons: Out of the way location

Great Vegan Restaurant in Central Kyoto - Edit

I'm not sure when this restaurant opened, but it's a great addition to the Kyoto vegan scene. The food was excellent - typical western/fusion dishes, and the desserts were amazing. I had the Thai Green Curry, and it was delicious and very authentic. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the setting very comfortable. Prices were very reasonable for such great food. This place is definitely worth a visit while in Kyoto!

Pros: great food!, friendly staff, good location and easy to find

Wonderful food when it's open! - Edit

We headed here after a long day getting lost in Kyoto. It was very quiet, but the relaxing atmosphere helped us to chill out. We were hard pushed to choose just one meal each from the menu as everything sounded amazing! The burgers were incredible, some of the best we've tried. Some creative desserts were also on offer, including caramel banana pizza - very yummy! We topped everything off with perfect soy hot chocolates.

Staff were friendly and helpful, English menus were available, and the food was definitely worth the visit. The only downside was that when we visited for lunch the next day they were closed :( Hours do seem a little random, so it is worth calling ahead if you're visiting.

Pros: Yummy food, Relaxing atmosphere, Helpful staff

Cons: Opening hours don't seem regular

We came for cake, now we want all the noms! - Edit

We visited the cafe for some sweets because we had dinner elsewhere, but soon regretted our decision after we saw all the fantastic (and inexpensive, regarding japanese prices) food.
While the chocolat cake was quite small and seemed bit pricy (500Â¥) compared to whole menu items like cassarole for about 600Y, it was suprisingly opulent. The decoration was made with strawberries, whipped cream, pistachios, chocolate sauce, a cute butterfly shaped cookie and caramell decoration.
The food on other people's tables also were lovely decorated and mouthwatering.
They also had some items of the day (like cute catshape-cookies, muffins and so on) which were also available as take-away and started at 50Y.
Morpho Cafe seems to be kids-friendly, they have some smaller tables and a lot of picture books. (Which are also quite nice for japanese learners :))

If we ever have the chance to be in Kyoto again, we'll definitely visit Morpho Cafe again for some main dishes.

Lovely - Edit

This place was easy to find, we just cycled north up the main road past the Nijo Castle and keep going till you see the cafe on a corner on the left hand side.
Inside is comfy and clean and the staff were friendly and spoke some English. The menu was interesting with a mix of Japanese and variations on "western' vegan food. Portions were just big enough to satisfy and the bill wasn't too big either! We'd definitely go again.

Pros: Good food, Nice place, Some English spoken

Cons: Not central, Not cheap

vegan food at its best - Edit

Despite it's odd name, Morpho Cafe is truly a treasure. It has a small, but varied menu, which has English descriptions on it. I ate there 4 times, and was satisfied with the quality and quantity of the food along with the prices every time. Drinks are much costlier than in America, but that's how it is in all Japanese restaurants. Each table has a small bell to ring if the staff is needed, and unless you do so, they allow you to dine without interruptions. The staff is friendly and helpful, and one of them (I think he's the owner) speaks fluent English. Morpho is a small place, seating 20, and is warm, gently lit, comfy and quiet. It's simply, but nicely decorated, and has soft background music. There is one small, but modern, efficient and clean restroom. Morpho Cafe is the kind of place you'll want to go to on a chilly Kyoto day and find excuses for lingering over your meal.

Pros: cozy and inviting, terrific food, friendly staff

Best vegan food in Kyoto! - Edit

I visited Morpho Cafe in Kyoto lately on my visit in Japan and it was the best vegan restaurant I have been during my whole three weeks in Japan (which included Tokyo and many other places, not only Kyoto).
The food was absolutely delicious, the ingredients fresh and well chosen, the menu was very reasonably priced (vegan hamburger with awesome home made fries was about 750 Yen, which is really cheap for Japans restaurants). The dishes are a mixture of western and japanese food. There are pizzas, burgers, but also miso soup and soy meat dishes. The desserts were absolutely amazing as well. The apple tart and caramel-banana "pizza" were very good and beautifully prepared.
You should definitely check it out!
PLUS: there are cookies and muffins ready for take out (varying between 100 and 150 yen).

Pros: Excellent taste, Friendly english speaking staff, Value for money

Cons: No credit cards accepted

Nice flavour - Edit

Contrary to the other reviews, my food was defiantly hot enough.
I ordered a platter that was on special and a pizza, all up it cost me 2000 yen and I feel it was money well spent.
Clean and tidy, good service. Would trade again/10

Yummy Food - Edit

This cafe serves western style fake meat food. A lovely light restaurant with friendly helpful staff and an English menu. I had the eggplant and "meat" sauce pizza. The sauce and eggplant were great tasting but it was obviously reheated and the middle was a little cold and the base a little tough. This is possibly due to it being last order time when we arrived. My friend got the burger and thought it was very good.

Pros: Good flavours, Friendly staff, Nice space

Cons: Food not reheated well, Food reheated

Return to Kyoto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Morpho Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9959 times since May 2012.