Moo Shoes

• Veg Shop
  • Vegan
Contact 212-254-6512

78 Orchard St (at Lower East Side, Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10002

All vegan shoe and accessory shop for both women and men.

First Review by Sonja and Dirk

Great option to find vegan shoes!

It can definitely be a bit daunting in finding dressier shoes as a vegan... so many brands still use leather exclusively. That's where Moo Shoes comes in - convenience in finding a well made pair of cruelty free shoes for work or school. I will agree with other reviewers, the customer service could be friendlier, but where the humans lack personality, the shop cats make-up for it! Moo Shoes also has a (limited) selection of t-shirts, purses/bags, belts and wallets. They also carry Laika magazine, which I couldn't find anywhere else in NYC! All in all, great shop for vegans!

Pros: Shop cats

Super cute little shop with cats!

This shop mostly has shoes...but it also has purses, and little vegan items. Plus, there are shop cats!

As for the shoes, well, I'm not really a shoe-person and NOTHING ever fits me (I tried on at least six pairs while I was there and nothing fit right). But, if I were a shoe-person, this is where I'd buy. They have mostly dress shoes, IMO.

Pros: 100% vegan, Store cats!, Nice storefront

Cons: Everything is made to look non-vegan, A little pricey

BEST SHOE SHOP EVER

I recently visited NYC and knew before hand I wanted to visit this place. The shops in the middle of nowhere but well worth it when you arrive. Massive selection of cruelty free shoes. Even had 2 amazing cats strolling around the shop. The lady working couldn't have been more friendly. Cant wait to buy my next pair.

Pros: Good Value, Amazing Staff, Great Selection

Cons: Middle of nowhere

Shoes shoes shoes!

MooShoes is a great store to buy non-leather handbags, belts, and shoes. I find that men have an especially hard time finding vegan dress shoes, but you can find a great selection here. The prices are a bit high, but comparable to online sources.

Brands they have in stock include Matt and Nat, Novacas, Brave Gentleman, Vegetarian Shoes, etc.

MooShoes is also a great place for vegans to hang out! They often have bake sales for worthy causes, and many vegan food vendors such as Sweet Maresa's (who has wonderful vegan macarons) visit the store so that fellow vegans can sample their products.

Look out for the MooShoes sales, which usually run at about 15% off.

Pros: Great selection, Handbags!, Shoes!

Cons: A little pricey

Out of stock on most of my picks

I've been here a few times in the past few years so maybe it's just bad luck but they usually don't have my size in the shoes I am interested in buying. Staff are ok but definitely not attentive or service oriented. For men's dress shoes, they only carry a couple brands. The women's bags all seem to be faux leather instead of alternative, sustainable material. ALl that being said, it's the only vegan shoe store I've been to in the US.

Pros: Vegan!

Cons: Staff

Very helpful staff

Has a small selection of shoes but learned a lot from the staff. Bought 2 belts there, a wallet, and a coin purse and work very well.

Pros: Helpful staff, All in one shop for vegans

Cons: Small sneaker selection

Nice store

If you really need some good shoes, this is the place to go. They literally had all kinds of shoes - vegan style.
Even though there were a lot of shoes, the store was still tidy and had a lot of space, and the staff was really nice as well.
Other than shoes they also had a few pieces of clothing from the Herbivore Clothing Co. and some bags (and a super cute cat!).
Wil really recommend stopping by there if you're in New York, because you will definitely not find this great selection anywhere else!

Pros: Large selection, Clean and light atmosphere

vegan shoe shop!

While in NYC, we had to make a trip to Moo Shoes to buy some shoes. It was so nice to be able to look around and never worry about whether the shoes and accessories are vegan or not. There's shoes from all over the world. I bought two pairs, a Jambu clog and a fancier dress shoe from Portugal. They were on sale too! Dirk got a pair of "suede" casual shoes and hiking boots. They close at 7:30pm, but stayed open for us as we continued to try on shoes after closing hours. They never rushed us and were extremely friendly and helpful. The resident cat, Marlowe, kept us company too. A must visit shop!

Pros: all vegan shoe shop, friendly staff

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Moo Shoes closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2223 times since Jul 2013.