Contact +371-26775490

10 Lacplesa Street (at Brivibas Street), Riga, Latvia,

Coffeehouse and vegetarian cafe. Offering a daily changing lunch set from 12-4pm which includes soup, a main course, plus salad. Other items include veggie burgers and salads. Dinner is 6-10pm. Free Wi-Fi. Mon 7:00am-9:00pm, Tue-Wed 7:00am-11:00pm, Thu 7:00am-12:00am, Fri 7:00am-3:00am, Sat 9:00am-1:00am, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, Latvian

First Review by veggieriga

Good Value for an All Vegan Lunch - Edit

Visited in August 2016.

I was not so eager to go to Miit after reading the previous reviews; but I'm glad I actually gave it a chance.

I don't know whether they have changed recently; but I found it to be very vegan friendly.
For start, the lunch menu (soup + main) from Monday to Friday is always all-vegan. They also had vegan ice-cream and sweets.
And, for dinner, the staff mentioned that they have many vegan options (I haven't been for dinner yet).

The lunch set is great (less than 5 euros for small soup and main); and, personally, I found it to be a much better value than other places in Riga where you can eat a vegan-friendly lunch, tastewise and amount-wise.
Coffee was also great, by the way.

Staff speaks English, was friendly and seemed to have knowledge about veganism; so I would say it's a safe place to eat as a vegan.
I'd certainly visit again.

Pros: lunch always vegan, nice vibe, good value

Cons: not all vegan

Great coffee place with basic lunch - Edit

Nice place with a perfect relaxed coffee-shop atmosphere to sit down and work/read a good book. I loved the fancy bike-inspired decoration.

I can't say anything about the coffee since we came there for lunch: there was one option of soup and a main dish. Our main was a kind of vegetable-curry with chickpeas which was not spectacular or super-creative but still very tasty.

The portion was unfortunately not very filling/big and I was still hungry afterwards.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Healthy vegetarian food

Cons: Portions not really big

They have no idea if their food vegan! Beware!!! - Edit

I'be been there twice. First time I was waiting for 40 minutes for my salad just to find out that they forgot about it. When it finally arrived it contained huge chunks of zucchini! I like zucchini noodles sometimes but these were really huge pieces! And the second time they'v sold me a cookie assuring me it is vegan!!! I asked few times! And when I tried it I really felt milk inside! I went back to make sure again that it is vegan(who knows) and guys had to call someone to find out I WAS NOT VEGAN at all!!!! So beware!!!! They have no idea what are they selling! And you can end up full of animal products inside you!!!!!!! Not a chance that I'll be back there!!!
Updated from previous review on Monday May 23, 2016

Nice vibes, lots of vegan options! - Edit

Our airbnb hosts told us we must head to Miit to get the best coffee in Riga. Unfortunately, I don't like coffee but I do like places listed on Happycow and this place lived up to expectations.

My friend claimed the coffee was delicious and I enjoyed two vegan treats, a bounty... thing (basically shredded coconut covered in chocolate) and a walnut brownie. They were both tasty and vegan! There were plenty of vegan options on the day I visited so I'm not sure what everyone else is on about in the rest of the reviews. Maybe I went on a good day, or they could have improved since those reviews. I don't know.

I loved Miit, it had that hip coffee-shop, Riga-vibe and would definitely visit again if I'm close by.

Pros: lots of vegan options, Friendly staff, nice vibes

Cons: more vegan options on the main menu

vegetarian focussed, great place to chill though - Edit

the coffee was fantastic, they actually won an award in 2015 for it. only one vegan cake option (which was amazing) when we went. free, fast wifi. server very cool and spoke English very well. prices reasonable but not cheap (Americano €2.40, vegan brownie €2). the design, layout and atmosphere including music is very chilled / indie / alternative / hipster - we liked it a lot.

Pros: atmosphere, lots of comfy seating

Cons: not as cheap as other places in Riga

Good for vegetarians, worse for vegans - Edit

I was there a few weeks ago and ate one of the most delicious omelette in my life. Very nice smooth pink-coloured (local?) tomatoes, deep-green parsley, magnificent eggs, perfectly seasoned.
Rustic-style furnished. Lots of bicycle stuff.
Not recommended for vegans.

Pros: ambrosial tomatoes

Cons: no good choice for vegans

Vegan pancakes! - Edit

This cafe/bike shop has some amazing pancakes on weekends. We were lucky to visit a day when they served vegan spinach pancakes, and they were fantastic!

It might be hard to always find vegan options, but if you are in the neighborhood I'd recommend you stop by to check if they serve any vegan dishes that day.

Pros: Cool atmosphere, Nice staff, Bikes!

Cons: There are not always vegan dishes

Not for vegans - Edit

I stopped in to inquire about the menu. First of all, whether there is food beyond coffee and cakes is a hit-and-miss proposition. But even when there is food, it is not really geared towards vegans. Better to eat at Raw Garden or Rama, both within a few blocks.

Pros: Nice staff

Cons: Unpredictable food availability, Very limited for vegans

Great food, great staff! - Edit

There was no vegan alternative on the menu, but the chef offered to veganise the main course. I got a big, fantastic meal, and it was cheap as well.

Pros: Staff, Food, Cake

A good laugh - Edit

When traveling with a "regular" group I usually go to veg restaurants on my own. This time about eight people of our group, all non-vegetarians, decided to join me for dinner because they were interested to have some different food. Some of them even wanted to try going vegan for once.

Our guide selected "Miit Coffee" which I had not visited yet. After I heard we would go here I passed by to inquire about vegan options. I was told there would be a chef in the evening who would make a vegetarian and a vegan dish. Everything looked fine.

While we went to that place our guide told me that the people in the restaurant seemed to be quite confused when he contacted them and mentioned people wanted to try vegan food. But they wanted to offer some selection for us. Sounded a bit odd, but ok. When we arrived we got all kinds of raw ingredients for salad in different dishes or on trays. Like: piles of green salad leafs, cut radishes, cucumbers and tomatoes, strawberries, nuts plus some diced cheese for those who did not want to eat completely vegan. No dressing. We were supposed to take what we wanted and mix in on our plates. Someone asked me if it was THAT I eat every day, being a vegan.

We also got some sort of toasted sandwiches with mushrooms on top, some with cheese and some without. This was the only warm part of the dinner.

To look at the bright side, the vegetables were fresh, there was good organic wine, the place was cozy and special and the staff very friendly. We had a good laugh, too.

I guess this is really a great place for vegetarians. For vegans not so much, unless you love "rabbit food" (that is what biased people in the country where I live think vegans eat)...

Pros: friendly staff, nice decoration + atmosphere, probably good for vegetarians

Cons: not too much for vegans

Delicious vegetarian food - Edit

Delicious soups, salads and entrees. The spinach lunch is especially good but every day it is something different. The soups are very filling and unlike many soups in Latvia, they are not broth based with a few vegetables but rather are American style such as carrot soup or broccoli soup, etc. They are very warm and filling. This place is a must for all vegetarians.

They also have a lot of information about bicycling but if you don't care about it, you can just go for the delicious vegetarian food and coffee. But if you are interested in improving your health and saving money on commuting costs, you can ask here about how to get started commuting by bicycling. It is much easier to do than it sounds and aside for the initial cost which if you buy a used bike is fairly low, saves quite a bit of money vs taking the bus and in many cases is faster. One might think you can't commute in the winter by bicycle but some people do and here they can provide tips for you on how to do that.

I read in a magazine about how this cafe received some help in the form of grants and low interest loans to open this cafe. It was really very inspiring because one might assume people opening businesses are able to do so because they are rich or have rich parents but that article made me realize that even people without such advantages can open businesses.

Pros: fantastic food, friendly staff, great environment

Return to Riga Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has MiiT closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3979 times since Nov 2012.