Mianto

Contact 02-23219749

7, 1F, Ln 146, Sec. 1, Xinsheng South Road, Da’an District, Taipei, Taiwan,

米愛多, at 台北市新生南路1段146巷7號1樓, offers vegan baked goods, light breakfast, and full western brunch, lunch, and dinner. Uses natural, non-GMO ingredients. Open Tue-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by beckettthedog

Very tasty :) - Edit

One of the tastiest vegan pizza I've had, the cheese sauce is really good, the base has nice texture.. I've tried a curry too that was delicious. The owner is very sweet and cooks with love. Recommended :)

😍😍😍😍😍 - Edit

One of the best vegan restaurants in Taiwan! Everything is super full of flavour. Huge menu. Has some good options for celiacs and happy to modify things to suit. Pizza, cakes and nachos all great but the hot chocolate is one of the best I've ever had!!! Super friendly ! Restaurant is super cute.

Pros: delicious, healthy, English menu, lots of options

Cons: I want to eat here all the time

This became one of my favourite vegan places in Taipei. It's a little tucked away but well worth a visit.

There are loads of interesting options. The chef does a great job of producing cheesy flavours. There's a mushroom and cheese bake starter dish that is really incredible.

Some dishes are a little disappointing though, I wasn't so impressed with the onion ring starter, it was a bit dry and crumbly, or my side of fries, they didn't seem appropriately cooked, on my last visit. My friend commented that the table we were at was a bit low for dining, though she thought it would have been fine if we were just having a drink.

Anyway, don't let those comments put you off. It's one of the best vegan places in Taipei with a fantastic range of options.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-06

Beautiful place - Edit

We had lunch in this place and really enjoyed the experience. Service was sweet and so is the decor of the restaurant and food was good too. We had dinner combos: pumpkin soup, bacon pasta (Antonio's pasta) and cranberry ice cream / side salad, mushroom pasta and peanut ice cream. Both pastas were good, even though the bacon pasta could have been creamier. Now the sauce of the pasta was a little bit too liquid. Pumpkin soup was little bit too sweet. Peanut ice cream had nice flavour, but its consistency was a bit weird. It was quite hard and dry. Cranberry ice cream was instead a direct hit. One of the best vegan ice creams we have ever had. All in all a really nice place!

Pros: Cranberry ice cream!, Fully vegan interesting menu, Nice decor and service

Cons: All the dishes weren't perfect :)

Fantastic! - Edit

International cuisine with a relatively extensive menu that can make it - in a good way - difficult to choose from. Everything tasted as great as it looked and the restaurant itself had a very comfortable/clean vibe to it. The staff were efficient and courteous and Michel Cason, owner/chef, was a very gracious host. Reservations recommended.

Pros: Beautiful/delicious food, Great staff, Nice atmosphere

great spot - Edit

it was quite crowded at 13:00 on a Saturday but we were able to squeeze in, they do take reservations. minimum $250 per person which you hit by ordering any of the main dishes. we tried a tempeh dish and the mushroom stroganoff, both quite tasty. with drinks and gratuity the bill was almost $900, more than we're used to spending in Taipei but it was worth it for a nice lunch, we'll go back.

a Feast for all senses - Edit

This place is awesome! Very beautifully designed by a Taiwanese multi-talented interior designer/painter. Originally the South African owner planned to just have a Coffee shop/bakery next to the design studio but with popularity the place got from the very first day the both places soon got integrated into the current style. All Asian-Continental cross-styled and flavored dishes come in beautifully decorated elegant portions. Overall a feast for all senses and a must see&taste in Taipei

Pros: Atmosphäre (Lighting&Music&Design&Tastes)

Cons: You might forget the time, You might get lost, You might fall in love with the Owner

My fave! - Edit

Though I really only go there on special occasions, it's easily my favourite restaurant in Taiwan. The food is incredibly flavoursome, well-presented, with generous portions.
It's a strange thing and possibly not something I should include in a review, but a visit to Mianto brightens my whole day.

Pros: Peaceful surroundings, Delicious, Big portions

Cons: A bit pricey

Friendly Place - Edit

Relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff and English is spoken and written on menu. My only complaint is the same as with other vegan restaurants, they use frozen peas and carrots in the curry, and it's served with white rice. For a high dollar restaurant, I expect higher quality. Desserts are delicious though, ice cream and cupcakes.

Pros: Friendly, Clean, Relaxed environment

Cons: Expensive, Frozen Veggies

Cute Vegan Italian Restaurant - Edit

I went there twice already. The first time I had a pizza (it's cool that you can choose your own toppings), the second time I had pasta with mushrooms. Both dishes were really delicious. Unfortunately the second time I was there my friend ordered pizza and it wasn't as good as my first pizza. It was extremely salty! We told the owner and she said she likes to hear the opinion of customers and adjust it to their demands.
My pasta was really delicious though and I could even order it without garlic and onions :)
Their cupcakes are also really good!

Pros: nice atmosphere, friendly owner, staff speaks English

Cons: too salty , pricey

Excellent food paired w/ wonderful atmosphere! - Edit

On a rainy afternoon, I was happy to find Mianto, a budding vegan restaurant that serves Western and fusion cuisine. All food is natural and non-GMO. The atmosphere is upbeat and classy, and I found the service to be excellent! Some say the menu is a bit pricy, but I promise the food is worth it. If you are looking for fresh, organic, masterly prepared food, then you're going to pay for it, and rightfully so. I had the pleasure of meeting the owner, Ms. Michel Cason, who actually sat down to chat with me! She is absolutely lovely, personable and extremely hard working. I was truly impressed. Try Mianto when in Taipei; It will not disappoint.

Pros: Organic, non GMO ingredients , Wonderful atmosphere , Exceptional service; speaks English

A Gem in Taipei! - Edit

One of my favorite places to eat and just hang around with friends. The vibe of the restaurant is very homely. Everything on the menu from the mains to the desserts are hand crafted by chef Michel. I have been there several times since discovering the place and it has never fail to fulfill my hungry tummy. It's the best place you can go for an truly satisfying feed.

Pros: Fresh and Organic, Friendly Staff , Healthy

Healthy, fresh vegan food! - Edit

A great addition to Taipei's vegan restaurant scene! Menu includes pasta dishes, curries and a fully-loaded vegan pizza. Cupcakes are moist without being overly sweet with a rich, creamy icing that again doesn't have the sickly sugar taste but satisfies a sweet craving perfectly!Space is primarily communal based seating and shared designer space, with a VIP room for groups. Michel makes everyone feel welcome, supports the local vegan scene and offers up healthy non-GMO food to leave you satisfied! (4/5 stars simply because menu is limited, not base on food quality, which is really good!)

Pros: menu is Non-GMO

Delicious fresh vegan food - Edit

I was there for lunch this past weekend. Milanto is easy to find if you follow the map provided by Happy Cow. The space is warm and welcoming with an exposed kitchen and very tasteful décor. The atmosphere is relax and unpretentious. Because the space functions alternatively as a restaurant and a design business it may be difficult to spot right away (I’ve included a picture of the façade for reference)
The menu is available in English and it includes a handful of dishes very reasonably priced. I had the pasta Alfredo, which was cooked to perfection with seasonal vegetables and veggie ham. It was the best meal I had in Taipei. I tasted the house-made parmesan cheese; however, I felt the pasta was just superb on its own. Fresh and interesting flavors! For dessert I had a strawberry cupcake, which was amazing as well. Chef Michele is delightful, plus she also makes Milanto’s own soy milk, which you must try.
I’ll definitively be back on my next trip to Taipei.

Pros: Food is amazing!, Good prices, Friendly and welcoming Chef

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mianto closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.