CLOSED: Lotus

Contact +32-0-50-331078

Wapenmakersstraat 5, Brugge, Bruges, Belgium,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Predominantly non-veg restaurant offering some vegetarian options. Vegans need to make special requests. SEP 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-2:00pm. Actual time of open is 11:45am.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Non-veg

First Review by heywood100

Vegans beware you're NOT welcome! - Edit

Years ago we visit that place at least 2-3 times a month. Now it's years ago bcs we don't even think to go there anymore! The last time we visit the place it wasn't veggie anymore and they served little lambs! We asked if we still can order vegan en they tell us no problem. Untill we get the dishes. OMG all kinds of dairy in it? So we asked what went wrong? She changed from friendly to very grumpy and rude. I'll try to translate it friendly for you: We are a vegetarian resto not a vegan resto... we got no time for making something special just for two people... she said. Since that moment we never been there anymore. They are so such a hypocrites. First making succes with veggie and then change it to meat and fish for the extra money! Unbelievable hypocrites!

Pros: None anymore

Cons: Vegans NOT welcome, Unfriendly, Serves little lambs and other animals...

Lovely, tasty food - Edit

We had lunch here recently. We had moussakka which tasted lovely. It came with brown rice and vegetables.

The service was great and they were very accommodating to my husband's dietary requirements as he does not eat eggs.

Would definitely recommend.

Pros: Excellent food, Good service

Excellent Vegetarian Restaurant - Edit

Me and a friend hunted down the well-hidden Lotus for lunch during a day trip to Brugge, and found it to be an excellent choice for vegetarians and vegans (as far as I could tell from my rather rudimentary Flemish, it's wholly vegetarian). While the set lunch wasnot specifically vegan, it took only minor changes to make it so. The place had a pleasant, quiet atmosphere, being near the main Markt but free of the tourist hubbub, and the price was around 10Euros, which isn't too bad for what you get.

Return to Bruges Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Lotus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2854 times since Aug 2007.