La Encomienda

• Friend
Contact 910291300

Calle de la Encomienda 19, Madrid, Spain,

Organic vegan restaurant est. 2016 in the city center. Features two different atmospheres: enjoy the bar area whilst drinking organic wine, craft beer, carrot wine, or tap vermouth with a complimentary tapa; or sit in the restaurant area and taste the variety of vegan and raw food dishes, many of which are gluten-free. Offers a daily special menu from Tuesday through Friday, and brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Open Tue-Fri 1:00pm-12:00am, Wed-Fri 12:00am-12:30am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-1:00am, Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Spanish

First Review by JaviMathom

Nice, clean, creative, cozy - Edit

Very tasty food and smooth taste. Many choices for main courses. Dessert was not too sweet. Good size portion. Could be quite packed, so reservation might be a good idea. Recommended.

Pros: all vegan, many choices, delicious

Great service and atmosphere - Edit

Obviously a very popular place. I went with a meat eating friend who is also a chef so a tough customer to please. We tried the carrot wine which is sparkling and was too sweet for out taste but we had to try the Unknown. I was very excited to have Vietnamese rolls but was very disappointed as instead of crunchy raw ingredients wrapped in rice paper, it appeared to be blanched mushy filling wrapped in at least 3 layers of rice paper, the peanut sauce was delicious though. Kudos to our server who seemed very passionate and was eager to change it for something else . We also had the recommended croquettes which were delicious and seemed to be ordered by almost every table around us. For mains I had the raw veg lasagna which really was a delight. My friend had the tacos which were a bit too sweet and we thought they could have made use of the delicious fresh potted herbs on the kitchen sill and garnished it with some corriander. We shared the raw nougat which did not disappoint.
I have awarded 4 stars as almost 50 percent of our meal was not great but the remainder was amazing and we were given the option to exchange what we did not enjoy for something else.

Pros: Service, Atmosphere, Price

Wonderful place - Edit

very nice atmosphere, great variety of excellent food and drinks, beautiful plates and cups, very friendly and welcoming staff. Would definitely go there again. Thank you to the team of La Encomienda!

Pros: excellent organic food, drinks, atmosphere

A gem! - Edit

This restaurant has the loveliest staff, the most fantastic range of Madrid craft beers (why do other places in Madrid not feature more of these!), and a creative menu. I had the raw lasagne, my partner the quinoa & cashew balls with veggies & vermicelli. Both pleasant. What made the experience outstanding is the little extras - a tapas with the beer, a little parsnip gazpacho (?!) in the prettiest of ceramic mugs - and as mentioned the lovely staff with great beer selection. I would happily come back here if in Madrid again.

Pros: great staff, beer selection , tapas

Delicious and creative - Edit

I have been here twice, the food is delicious for an affordable price. The first time I had the Sushi Burger and I must say they combined the flavors of these two completely different foods to make a great dish, it has the best of both. The second time I had the tacos, they were tasty as well, but a smaller portion. I definitely recommend this place!
Both times I went with a carnivore friend and she loved everything she ate!

The best vegan lasagna! - Edit

Just found this new vegan restaurant and I had an amazing experience. I tried different tasteful dishes. the row lasagna was my favourite one.
Great atmosphere, really good service. I will be back soon and I really recommend it to everyone !

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-24

Definitely BEST VEGAN restaurant in Madrid - Edit

I've been last month on holidays in Madrid and I found this amazing vegan restaurant.
Very well located, beautiful, staff was amazingly nice and friendly.
When I took the menu, I was really happy to find it in English, actually, as you know how hard it is beeing in Spain and understand nothing, of the menu.
They have a HUGE selection of organic and local beers, which it was niiiice! And then the food, oh my Gosh, how good it was the food! Soooo tasty. Seriously , you can no imagine! That "lasagne"... That "Susshi", That "croquets"... You cannot leave that place with out try those croquettes ..
Everything was organic, homemade, amazing!
It is a MUST if you visit Madrid. Don't miss it ;)

Pros: No pro, No pro, No pro

Cons: Excellent Tasty, Super friendly , Very good value

Such a nice place! - Edit

Went for a drink with my boyfriend and we enjoyed so much that we decided to go again, this time to have dinner. The service is fast and nice, and the food is tasty and original. Im vegan but my boyfriend is not, and he enjoyed the same as me!
Very good place for having a meal or just to have some drinks.

Pros: Good food, nice ambient

Very good and creativ food - Edit

Very creativ menue and really delicious. Most of the offered food is gluten free. The staff is very friendly and helpful with spanish problems (cause the menue is only in spanish).

Nice Date tasty Tapas - Edit

The staff are lovely here. Drinks were great. The tapas seemed the winner. Our favourite was the tortilla in the whole evening.
A little bit of a fancier dining spot.
Can't say I recommended the food on the mains menu and we found the food quite salty on this evening for us.
Super lovely setting, we will come back for tapas.

Pros: Staff, Setting, Drinks

Cons: Strange mains, Salty, Stools

Perfect restaurant in Madrid Center - Edit

Just five minutes walking from Plaza Mayor, we found this beautiful restaurant. Good Food, friendly staff and a lot of different drinks.

A different concept of restaurant and bar. We had dinner two times in a week. Thanks so much to La Encomienda.

Pros: tasty food, 5 minutes walking from the center, Really Cheap

the best vegan in madrid - Edit

La encomienda is a vegan restaurant first class . The food is delicious and the attention unbeatable in the neighborhood that I like Madrid . I recommend it also for being very welcoming with a great atmosphere. The price is one of the best I've seen on my trip around Europe.

Pros: food , attention , location and price

Cons: It is not smart

Cool place, delicious food! - Edit

I've been here 3 times since I discovered the place, 1 month ago.
All the food is vegan (and free of gluten), and everything I’ve tried so far is delicious, and the presentation is also amazing. I still have some courses to try, they look all so good...
The restaurant is located in Latina, so it is also a great choice for having a beer (always accompanied with a tapa). The staff are so friendly and helpful, and the restaurant has a great vibe.

I highly recommend you to go, you will repeat it!

Pros: Food (variety, taste), Location, Atmosphere

Vegan tapas - Edit

Good and new vegan place in Madrid, not only for eating menu in the restaurant but also to drink beer or wine in the bar. They always give you a vegan tapa with your drink, and have a wide variety of craft beers.

Very surprising - Edit

It´s a very good place for vegan people.
Very welcoming and very well located restaurant.
Excellent treatment by a very qualified staff which highlights good prices and a delicate and detailed presentation.
Really it surprised.

Pros: Quality food, Good treatment and presentation, Excellent location

Best option for veggies - Edit

One of the most delicious vegetarian restaurants I've ever been. I took some yummy tapas (I still miss those tasty croquettes). And the prices were quite cheap!! I totally recommend it!! :D

Pros: Food, Staff, Location

Magnificent Vegan!! - Edit

Magnificent
I love it!!! A different place, where you can eat tapas or healthy, wealthy and vegan of course. The place is amazing ... it's nice and cozy, is seen to have taken care of every detail. Both in the bar area as the restaurant, tapas and dishes are very careful both in taste and presentation ... Its location is superb, is located next to Latina, Tirso de Molina and Lavapies.
In short, a place where I will be usual for lunch, dinner or tapas.

Pros: food, Attention, decor

Beautiful Organic Restaurant - Edit

Really tasty food. Very kind and pleasent staff. We drank a organic beer with a tapa at the bar before dinner.

Most of the menu is gluten free.

Definitely, a place to come back.

Pros: Excellent Food, Organic, A lot or organic beers

Fantastic Place!!! - Edit

Great and magnificent place . The food is very healthy and ecological , perfect for eating or drinking wine or beer with " Vegan Tapas" . I will repeat when I return to Madrid.

Pros: Food, Place, Localitation

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Encomienda closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.