Ovo
Japanese
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional ramen but with two vegan ramen bowls consisting of vegetables and tofu, one with a soy based broth, the other with a salt based broth. Has English menu. One of several branches. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Venue map for Kyushu Jangara Ramen - Harajuku
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Taimetoitlane

ilar

Points +100

19 Feb 2024

Ramen with Garlic Oil

Comes out already tasting prettyyy good, and you have all sorts of spices, oils, etc on your little table to make it taste banging! Also great in terms of ambience, as it doesn’t have the classic “we are vegan”-swag that attracts mainly other foreigners! It’s perfect for singular person eating, but also ok as a duo!

idkmybffjill_

Points +50

05 Feb 2024

Delicious!!

I would give 5 stars if I could. They had two options for vegan ramen and some sides available. I got the garlic oil ramen and it was sooo yummy and warming on a cold snowy day!

Cool atmosphere as well.

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-05

Pros: clearly labeled options, Yummy food, Central location

naomiroberts

Points +60

05 Feb 2024

Their vegan ramen is delicious

A ramen restaurant serving meat and vegan options. 2 x vegan ramens with garlic broth or soy sauce broth with delicious noodles and soy meat.

Pros: Soy meat, Soy sauce broth, Clearly labeled vegan

Cons: Also serves pork/meat, Bit oily

Adie42

Points +18

22 Jan 2024

best veg ramen in tokyo

best ramen so far, had the vegan garlic oil with egg and additional chilli etc.

amazing

Biancajakon

Points +318

14 Jan 2024

Out of this world ramen

This was some of the best ramen we had in Tokyo. The broth was to light that every element stood out with Yummy fresh noodles, huge pieces of soy meat and crunchy bean shoots.
I wish I added some woodear mushrooms too!
We will definitely be back 😊 #Veganuary

Pros: Delicious , Cheap , Lovely cosy environment

Craig N

Points +90

29 Dec 2023

Best Vegan Ramen, imho

5 stars for the Ramen at this chain restaurant. Very tasty and hot soy sauce based broth. Option for extra noodles, fast service with patient staff. Great ambiance for an efficient Ramen shop, i.e. get in, eat, get out. Tasty charsu tofu for those who like it.

Pros: Tasty and hot broth, Extra noodles option, Great service, patient staff

Cons: Oil in broth, No tsukemen option

sophieliv8

Points +61

23 Dec 2023

Great vegan option!!

I had the vegan ramen with garlic oil and soy meat and really enjoyed it. It can be hard to find vegetarian ramen let alone vegan ramen in tokyo at times so I was happy to find this one. The soy meat was also a great added touch. They have 2 vegan options on their menu clearly outlined in english so ordering was no problem.

simmiefairy

Points +1613

10 Dec 2023

Delicious ramen!

Very delicious ramen, the took creditcard! Mostly ideal for singles eating, but you can manage if it’s two people. The portions are good and tasty

SamSilva

Points +469

30 Nov 2023

Delicious vegan ramen

This was our favorite vegan ramen. They have vegan and nonvegan options. We tried the vegan ramen with garlic oil with vegan char siu. We ate here twice, and we would highly recommend it.

Marionashe

Points +95

24 Nov 2023

Ramen vegan

Le ramen vegan à l'ail est délicieux 👌

AnFa

Points +400

18 Nov 2023

The best!

Best ramen we had while in Tokyo. You have to be quick to order and eat because the place is super small and busy, but it's definitely worth it! I had the veggie "meat" addition and didn't regret it😉

ludvigan

Points +258

17 Nov 2023

Perfect!

Easy 5 🌟 place (which I can't give bc the place isn't fully vegan). I had the garlic oil ramen and it was one of the best ramen I've ever had!

The location is easy to find and they advertise the vegan ramen outside as well. I came on a Friday evening, but it wasn't too crowded and the food came very quickly.

The price is absolutely fair for the amount of food you get.

LewisEatsPlants

Points +1344

07 Nov 2023

Perfect solo ramen.

It’s good ramen. Nothing complex. Not suitable for groups. Of the two I prefer the soy ramen to the garlic ramen.

Japan needs more places like this

Updated from previous review on 2023-11-07

xygnat

Points +16

27 Oct 2023

Amazing, authentic ramen.

Best ramen can be found here, in my opinion. Location is great, can be easily found.

aliciamouragil

Points +62

27 Oct 2023

Best vegan ramen

Great place with 2 vegan options and Probably the best ramen I tasted!

Pros: Ramen, Atendimento, Preço

LunaRave

Points +188

21 Oct 2023

Garlic Ramen is the best

The garlic ramen was so delicious
:*(〃∇〃人)*: Best garlic Ramen

Pros: More traditional environment , Nice peepz

Woena

Points +34

13 Oct 2023

Best vegan ramen in Tokyo

The garlic ramen was great and you can add bits to make it spicier or more garlic. Wish there were more chains around Japan.

nmarlow

Points +44

04 Oct 2023

The best ramen I ever had!

Both vegan ramens were amazing but my favorite was the soy sauce broth. The flavor was complex and savory with a hint of sweetness. Usually I like creamier broths (like the other ramen option) but this did not need cream. It was absolutely delicious and the atmosphere was fun. I wish I could give it a 5 star rating but the app won’t let me since it’s not fully veg friendly.

itsrinokt_

Points +3352

26 Sep 2023

One of my favorite ramen places

Went there with my boyfriend for the late dinner. Both of the broth were rich and the noodles were perfectly cooked. If you are looking for a good authentic ramen, this is the place!

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-26

Viodegradable

Points +20

10 Sep 2023

Best vegan ramen

The two vegan option were AMAZING! So good, the place is small and you dont have much time to eat but totally worth it!!

Kostikas

Points +145

22 Aug 2023

Tasty fast and explosive

こちらのラーメンはTsタンタンより美味しいと思います。ヴィーガンラーメンまだ食べたことない方にオススメです。

The vegan garlic ramen was better than T's tan tan ramen! Be careful while trying to open the ramune bottles (they might explode).

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Good service

BlazingSanji

Points +37

06 Aug 2023

Good soy ramen

They had 3 types of vegan ramen, one was sold out, so I'm guessing that was the best one. The soy ramen was above average I would say.

jodiethegeek

Points +149

31 Jul 2023

Fantastic vegan ramen!

I would give this 5 stars but it won't let me unfortunately. I think it's great that a ramen shop is catering to Vegans as well as meat eaters, though! It's quite small but it's expected at most ramen places! We ordered and paid at the door and then the food was brought over. Unfortunately my partner and I were sat with a barrier between us as it was very busy, but it wasn't a big deal. The food was so good it was the main focus anyway! Definitely give it a try if you're nearby!

Pros: Delicious vegan ramen., 2 vegan options!

Cons: Busy so seating is limited!

Tipitipu

Points +316

15 Jul 2023

Good vegan ramen!

Really enjoyed this vegan ramen! It was tasty and fast. Staff was really helpful and friendly!

Pros: Tasty , Price, Friendly customer service

SarahKorn

Points +41

05 Jul 2023

Very good

Garlic ramen is worth a stop for

willemijnv

Points +652

09 May 2023

Good lunch spot!

We had a great lunch here, at a great location with nice staff. The ramen was nice and garlicky, and I'm a big fan of the quesadillas!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Great location

AyakaPaul

Points +511

08 May 2023

Tasty!

We had the quesadilla and ramen both of which were quote tasty and nice !!! Ramen especially had a nice amount of garlic (which I personally love). The pudding I had for dessert was quote nice and used beet sugar but also had a more vanilla taste to it !

Updated from previous review on 2023-05-08

Pros: Vegan options, Friendly people, Yummy