Karma Kafe

Contact 0915938343

20/18 Moo 8, Srithanu, Koh Phangan, Thailand, 84280

Bali-styled restaurant serving vegan food with the exception of egg option at Sunday brunch and a couple desserts using honey. Makes raw pies and chocolates. Est. since 2015. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Fusion

First Review by tcascade

raw bliss! - Edit

Very clearly a cruelty free kitchen with excellent service, great, outdoor and relaxing atmosphere. We had the bean burrito and taco salad plate, both excellent, although a tiny bit bland. Perhaps a bit more spice? But their raw vegan desserts are out of this world! We sampled a variety and holy moly! Yum!!! A wee bit expensive but worth it if you appreciate the effort that goes into raw goodness.

Pros: outstanding raw desserts, atmosphere, cruelty free kitchen

Cons: slightly expensive

The best restaurant on Kho Phangan - Edit

Karma Kafe is located on the right hand side as you enter Srithanu from the south, next door to Art Of Juice. It is a very large restaurant which can seat a large number of people. In typical Thai style, there is a roof but no walls. There are ceiling fans which ingeniously stop mosquitos from being able to bite.

All food is vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free. The menu is interesting and inventive with numerous exciting choices.

The service is outstanding with friendly staff and food arriving very quickly. The atmosphere is very relaxed with a mixed clientele of families, couples and travellers. The free Wi-Fi is excellent in terms of connectivity and speed.

I visited Karma Kafe for dinner on two occasions during my time on Kho Phangan. The first time I ordered Karma Quesadilla (180 THB / £3.60) to start, Karma Beetroot Burgers Superstack (280 THB / £5.60) for main course and Raw Chocolate Pie (150 THB / £3) for desert. On my second visit I ordered Malibu Sushi (200 THB / £4) to start, Baja Tacos (240 THB / £4.80) for main course and Silly Rabbit carrot cake (140 THB / £2.80) for desert. I also ordered the Organic Raspberry Orange Iced Tea (100 THB / £2) which was very refreshing. On both occasions, the food was beautifully presented, delicious and the portion sizes were enormous.

Karma Kafe is probably my favourite restaurant on Kho Phangan and I thoroughly recommend it.

Pros: Delicious, Exciting Menu, Big Portions

Cons: Slightly expensive by Thai standards

awesome food! - Edit

Delicious! I ate the karma burrito, it was amazing vegan and gluten free meal. It's a bit small if you're really hungry, so take a salad with it... and don't eat too much, it's healthy:) friendly staff, moderate prices - worth every baht!

Colorful, fresh, flavorful!!! - Edit

I had the Karma burrito with grilled tempeh (a bit extra, but worth it!), sweet potato, pumpkin, and black bean...beautiful salad on the side with excellent dressing! Happy Frappe to drink--espresso/coconut milk. For dessert, hot fudge brownie sundae. All vegan, ALL amazing!

Delicious but Very Pricey! - Edit

This resturant is very cute with friendly staff, good food and a wonderful concept, however you pay top dollar. The mains are 250 baht and if your very hungry it wont be enough food. Smoothies and desserts are delicious but for the price you pay I would expect nothing less. I ordered the burrito, a coconut milk frappe and coconut icecream to finish. The burrito was an unusual concept (not traditional but very tasty) and the frappe was also delicious. The icecream followed suite in amazing taste. This restuarant serves a high quality of tasty vegan food but it will hurt your wallet unless you have deep pockets. If money isnt an issue I highly recommend this place. If your on a budget theres heaps of delicious vegan cafes available at less then half the price you pay here.

Pros: Organic, home made, totally vegan, friendly staff,

Cons: Expensive

Not recommended at all - Edit

The price is x3 more expensive then ode by restaurants.

Only restaurant on the area where my stomach hurt a bit after I are there.

The meal was OK and nothing more in terms of taste and size. Not what you would expect for 3-4 times more expensive then other places.

Pros: None

Cons: Expensive, Stomach hurt a bit

Overly expensive, tiny portions! - Edit

I ordered the sushi as main dish as I was quite hungry and it came out as six tiny pieces which didn't have any rice just vegetables and a creamy blob of sauce on top! I was disappointed as it was a starter size dish but cost double (250 baht) what I could have got a good quality vegan meal from down the road at Eat.co!

Save your money and go a few further steps to green leaf cafe or eat.co

Pros: none

Cons: expensive , bad value for money

Creative Vegan Food - Edit

They do now have a full menu even though it is quite limited, the dishes are really interesting, creative, delicious and filling. The only downside is that they are pricey but worth it in my opinion. The desserts are equisite. Try the raw cheesecake! Most of them are completely raw. I think I saw honey as a drink option but otherwise all vegan. A beautiful and cosy place to sit, too.

Pros: Unique dishes, Beautiful building, Exceptional raw began desserts

Cons: Expensive, Limited menu

I Have a Feeling About This Cafe - Edit

Right now, Karma Kafe is only serving (delicious) vegan desert treats. But, I have a feeling that this place is going to be an enormous success when the high season rolls around, in August, and they roll out a full menu.

The brother and sister team, who own and operate this place, could not have been nicer, or more welcoming. The carrot cake that I ordered was delicious, but the vegan chocolate sample that I was given was just absolutely amazing. I don't even like sweets that much, but their chocolate is really, REALLY good!

The interior was extremely comfortable, but I noticed a little bit more noise from the street than some of the other cafes nearby. I'm not sure why. I think that a wall of bamboo trees between the street and the seating area might do wonders.

Anyway, it is the food that matters most. Based on what I tasted here, I cannot wait to return for more.

Return to Koh Phangan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Karma Kafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.