Hell Pizza

Contact 034412666

3 Searle Lane, Queenstown, New Zealand,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hell-themed franchise pizzeria. Menu lists 9 vegetarian pizzas, 1 vegan. Chicken on pizza can be replaced with Quorn (faux meat), dairy cheese replaced with vegan cheese. Reported kitchen prepares veg food away from meat to avoid contamination. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm, Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Heyzeus

Great Pizza - Edit

I'm always a fan of anywhere that has vegan cheese and this one was definitely no exception. Huge range of toppings, great base and delicious vegan cheese. 100% will travel back from Australia to have again.

Pros: Vegan cheese, Huge range, Reasonable price

Cons: Not located in Melbourne

Vegan cheese! - Edit

After much online research to whether or not Hell had vegan cheese and whether their Quorn product is vegan (it is not) my partner and I went to Hell Pizza in Queenstown.
We were very impressed, I believe it is only $1 more to have your pizza with Angel Food Vegan Mozzarella, an incredibly cheap option for vegans. Any of the vegetarian pizzas can be made vegan with this exchange, although we asked about their Quorn faux-meat and it contains egg.
We had our pizza flattened/widened into a huge novelty size thin crust pizza and it was absolutely covered in vegan cheese, we were not expecting such a generous amount of cheese! We were told the wedges were also vegan and we loved them too.
Hell Pizza is great for an affordable, quick option, if you want gourmet Vegan pizza go to Farelli's, if you want an awesome cheap takeaway pizza for alot less go to Hell Pizza.

Pros: Vegan Cheese only $1 more, Customisable pizzas, lots of options, Very helpful staff, genuinely helpful and kind

Cons: If only the Quorn was vegan!

Sinister pizza - Edit

We ordered takeaway pizza and salad. The Vegan pizza option on the menu is the "Sinister" which has refried beans, salsa, jalapenos and avocado. Traditionally it comes cheeseless, but you can pay $1 extra to add Angel food vegan mozzarella. The pizza was served piping hot and there was soooooooo much vegan mozzarella! Pretty yummy, but no avocado to be seen. It may have been in there hiding under the cheese

not THAT vegan friendly - Edit

First time at Hell's and only came based on previous review: stated 'vegan heaven' and this person had quorn instead of meat so I assumed the quorn was vegan.
After asking (as its not stated on the menu), the quorn had egg in it so isn't yet the vegan type.
They DO have dairy free vegan cheese (not stated on the menu as an option) which isn't too bad really, although I wouldn't bother with it next time as it masked other flavours.
Staff were very helpful and friendly.
A long way to go to be vegan friendly, only one step ahead of dominoes; but give it time :)

Pros: good variety to make pizzas vegan, vegan cheese option, satay is vegan

Cons: vegan cheese not very cheese-like in taste, menu doesn't stand out to vegan community, only one vegan style pizza

Heavenly Hell - Edit

I've always rated Hell for their great range of veggie pizza, but after finally going vegan I thought I was stuck with their sole vegan option, (which is still superb). But no! Now promoting dairy free mozzarella, (from Angel Foods I think), you can now have just about anything you want. I went with my usual Quorn topped favorite (Mayhem) with this new dairy free option, so now 100% vegan. Truly unbelievable. This is witchcraft! You would never tell the difference from the dairy option. This is the future right here. Hell are the most progressive mainstream outfit in NZ by miles, willing to acknowledge advances in food technology and going out of their way to cater for the small but growing market we veggies and vegans represent. Quality fresh ingredients, effortless friendly service, outstanding value. Hands down the best pizza available. Nothing else comes close. Get in there and support them. Well done Team Hell, a chink of light on Queenstown's otherwise tedious one dimensional meat obsessed rip off catering conveyer belt.

Pros: Vegan heaven, Good staff, Consistent quality

Return to Queenstown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hell Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.