Green Vegetarian Cuisine - Downtown

Contact 210-320-5865

200 E Grayson St Ste 120 (at Full Goods Bldg), San Antonio, Texas, USA, 78215

Kosher vegetarian restaurant featuring southern American comfort food with daily specials plus desserts, fresh fruit smoothies, organic teas and coffee. Has gluten free menu and box lunch service. Casual with counter service. Family owned and operated. Moved to this space in 2013. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-9:00pm, Fri 8:00am-8:00pm, Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Fast food, Catering, Kosher

First Review by plazamj

Super cute restaurant - Edit

I went here for Thanksgiving with my family & they had special plates made up, the food was amazing & the inside was decorated so cute, the staff was very helpful & friendly

Pros: Cute, Not too expensive

Cons: Parking

A nice place - Edit

I've visited this place twice now when staying with my family. There are loads of vegan friendly options and the food is pretty good. The most recent thing I had was an orange tofu bowl and it was an enormous portion. It was pretty good, but maybe a bit too zesty for my taste. My husband had a burger which he thought was pretty awesome. The service isn't amazing, nobody ever seems happy, but I guess they're busy all the time. Oh well, I'd still come back - especially for one of their cakes.

Pros: Lots of choice, yummy cakes

Cons: Grumpy staff

great food - Edit

I went twice in two days. Great food and friendly staff. I had the quinoa burrito and the chickpea burger both of which were excellent. Get the sweet potato fries. I loved all the baked goods I had. Staff was friendly and had fun shirts. The smoothies are a bit watered down and I cannot recommend. Everything can be made vegan.

Pros: lots of vegan

Cons: smoothies are watered down

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! - Edit

Since going vegan two years ago, I discovered this little treasure in the Pearl Brewery area of SA. Green Vegetarian has the most yummy food for vegans and vegetarians alike. I love that they can make anything on the menu vegan. My favorite is their vegan chickpea veggie burger with vegan chipotle mayo and guacamole with a side of mashed potatoes and vegan gravy. While I prefer to be oil free as well, Green Vegetarian is a yummy treat when I'm craving some of their delicious sweet potato fries or even something sweet, like one of their delicious vegan cupcakes! YUM!

Pros: Terrific food!, Good Ambiance, Great dog-friendly patio area

Spring Visit to San Antonio - Edit

So excited that Green is vegetarian AND KOSHER! I came here with my husband and cousin a few months ago, so I can't remember exactly what we ordered. But overall it was a really great experience with great food. Their mint lemonade was good and I loved the outdoor seating. Highly recommend

Pros: Great outdoor seating, Kosher, Menu variety

Cons: Service took a litte longer than necessary, ..., ...

great restaurant - Edit

This place is my default when trying to think of somewhere to eat. Tons of options, you can go super-healthy or fried-delicious-indulgent and not worry about whether things are veg. Many meat-friends have commented that they're surprised how much they enjoy the menu here.

Delicious food, fun decor and great staff - Edit

Our first time here and we were thoroughly impressed. It'll be a frequent stop whenever we're in San Antonio! Everything on the menu can be made vegan and as soon as we mentioned the word vegan the server was careful to clarify on everything we ordered that we wanted the vegan version.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Fun sassy decor, Cauliflower Hot Wings!

Cons: Only distance for me - I live in Austin, TX!

Great Vegan Options - Edit

Tonight was the third time that I've eaten here and plan to eat there again later this week. I visit San Antonio for one week a year and this is a favorite. Tonight I had the Fish and Chips and it was great. I really enjoyed the slaw as it had a lite sauce that was slightly sweet.

Pros: Most items are already vegan, Vegetarian items can be made vegan

The original and best - Edit

Will always be my favourite! Vegan comfort food. Perfect!

Pros: Delicious, affordable vegan food, Super friendly staff, like family, Nothing on the menu sucks, it all rocks!

Cons: Menu changes, favourite dishes leave :(, Not 100% vegan

Very successful vegetarian restaurant chain in TX - Edit

Green just opened their third location (in Houston), and they're about to open the first vegetarian drive through in Texas.

Great menu - don't miss the kale salad side. Also amazing: protein salad, chik'n parmesan, and the vegan nachos (their frijoles are fantastic)! All desserts are vegan options.

Don't miss their vegan breakfast options! Thank you, Green. I've missed eating breakfast out.

Great location at Pearl Brewery Complex.

Pros: Great food; tons of options , Great location; cool place, Breakfast options

Greens saved me! - Edit

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and had to be in San Antonio for work. I stayed on the Riverwalk and while there are some places that have a few vegan options, it wasn't ideal. I walked to Greens (a lovely long walk along the river) and had a wonderful meal there. I had the Protein Salad and was amazed at how good the roasted tofu was. The pecan hummus was so different and delicious and the Almond Joy cupcake was one of the best vegan baked goods I've ever eaten. I have to go back to San Antonio in late June and I will be eating here as often as possible.

Pros: Great food, Staff was super friendly, reasonable prices

Return to San Antonio Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Vegetarian Cuisine - Downtown closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.