Golden Bamboo

408-270-8350

3245 S White Rd, San Jose, California, USA, 95148

Vegetarian restaurant specializing in Vietnamese food. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by Miri18

So Fresh - Edit

As someone who doesn't eat solely vegetarian in a meal very often I was pleasantly surprised that the food was entirely meatless. When we arrived we were greeted by warn and friendly staff and seated. Since it was our first time we asked our server Thomas what he recommended on the menu. He was very helpful in helping us choose different dishes on the menu. When the food arrived the presentation was executed to perfection. We ordered as a starter the Pork Spring Rolls and Golden Bamboo Eggrolls which were full of flavor. As our main dishes we had Shaken Beef Rice Plate w/ Brown Rice, Bun Bo Hue, and Mango Salad. The meal did not disappoint and we were left extremely satisfied. I would highly recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.

Pros: Staff , Food, Value

Cons: No listed alcohol selection

Nice Atmosphere - Edit

My first impression was good as the restaurant is nicely decorated. I sampled their salads and a soup. The Green Curry I ordered was too spicy for me. One of the personnel (don't think he was a waiter) came by and asked how everything was. I made a comment about the Green Curry and they did not charge me, which I thought was very fair. The person that waited on me didn't pay much attention. I had to ask for a ladle and bowl for the soup. The prices are a little high for my taste, They serve a lot of fake meat and egg noodles. That makes them NOT vegan, only vegetarian. Some of the fake meat may have whey in it, too. However, I wasn't totally disappointed.

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-22

Pros: Nice decorations and atmosphere, Salads and soups are tasty, Didn't charge for dish not liked

Cons: Bit pricey, Service could be a bit better, Vegan options should be clearly marked

Return to San Jose Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Golden Bamboo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.