Goji Kitchen

• Veg-friendly
Contact 707-523-3888

1965 Mendocino Ave, Santa Rosa, California, USA, 95404

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves a variety of Asian cuisines. Has vegetable and tofu choices.

Category: Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by fletchea

Awesome Food... Great Patio Dining! - Edit

I loved our first waiter. He was an Asian guy that really set us up right with good strong recommendations and good reasoning behind why he recommended each item for us. I liked that a lot.
For example, one appetizer roll was hot and the other was cold. We picked the hot one and told him we wanted to order the the Vegan noodle soup to share, but couldn't decide on the third item. He recommended the Vegetable Chow Fun over the Clay Pot Dish and the other rice dish we asked him about. He told us recommended the noodles because we had ordered so many hot dishes... and we were sitting out on the patio on a hot night... so he smiled at me and said, "Too many hot things... just too much hot, you know what I mean?"
I think it was his playful crooked smile that got me in a happy, excited mood in anticipation of our forthcoming meal. A pleasant young girl, who I later realized spoke no English, brought us a plate of Edamame. The Edamame was super good and not too salty. The other waiter at least spoke English and seemed to runabout doing just about everything else, especially collecting everyone's payment... Now that's important!
All of our dinner items were fantastic, especially our first waiter's suggestions of the Chow Fun. I'm definitely going to come back just for that! And, I can't wait to come back to try their other dishes as well. If the weather is good when you visit this place, make sure to sit outside on the patio. It's truly divine out there. The decor inside is very tasteful, but you just can't beat the twinkle lights and the beauty of the blossoming Cherry Tree in the corner of the patio out there.
The restrooms are hidden in the far left corner behind a plush curtain inside. But, don't rush past the gorgeous water fountain right in front of the doors if you go in. It exudes a peaceful, tranquil quality that you don't find just anywhere. But, here at The Goji Kitchen, you'll most certainly find a soulful balance through the peaceful splendor in the environment and pure deliciousness in the food that awaits you! Oh... and come hungry... I think you'll agree the prices are fair once you see how much food they bring you!

Amazing! - Edit

I got some vegan pho from here and it was sooo tasty. I can put down some food, but I couldnt finish the giant bowl I was given. The price is worth the amount of food you are given. It was very fresh and chock full of veggies! The service was great and our leftovers were boxed up for us. Nice atmosphere and a really cool fountain at the front. I wish this restaurant was in Texas

Healthy and Delicious - Edit

The food was delicious. Very fresh and healthy. The service and ambiance was nice as well. I loved the outdoor patio. It was a bit pricey, but overall worth it. My favorite was the vegan spring rolls, salt and pepper tofu, and bok choy with shiitake mushrooms.

Pros: outdoor patio, service, food

Cons: slightly pricey

Amazing food and caring service - Edit

About a year ago stumbled across this plaace after finishing a Half Marathon. After 13.1 miles, most anything tastes like the best meal ever. That time I enjoyed spring rolls followed by some of the HUGE vegan bowl of rice noodle soup overflowing with chunks of fresh veggies. This week brought my wife for a quiet pre-theatre lunch. Both were bowled over by the attentiveness of all the wait-staff and by the super-tasty vegan dishes. Our black soybean tofu with mixed veggies and an upgrade to a side of mixed brown and wild rice came first. The flat rice bun stuffed with wood ear mushroom and then topped with steamed tofu was original and awesome! Pot of jasmine tea was lovely to share, too. Definitely coming back ... is our next trip to the theatre in mess than a week too soon? Maybe not!!! Four nearby restaurants were nearly empty. Hmmm? Me thinks the locals are on to something, as this place was packed by the end of weekday lunch.

Pros: Originality of food, Fancy and tasty, Attentive servers not thrown off vegans

Cons: By the end of lunch the place was packed

Great for everyone! - Edit

I've brought multiple groups of guests to Goji because they have a great variety to serve most everyone.

My favorite vegan dish is the tofu lemongrass bun (soft noodles) -- be sure to ask for your tofu to be steamed instead of fried, because they fry meat on the same grill. I also love the woodear mushroom dumplings (I forget their actual name, but it's an interesting vegan appetizer). The pho, of course, is also a good vegan option.

This place can get crowded --I usually prefer to go for lunch, but I recommend reservations. Sometimes there's still a short wait. Still, the staff is pleasant, despite being busy. I find the knowledge of veganism to be hit or miss, so just explain to be on the safe side...although the menu is pretty clearly labeled.

Bottom line: I recommend it!

Pros: great food, vegan-friendly, across the street from vegan-friendly market!

Cons: a little pricey, can be busy, knowledge of staff is hit or miss

Great Food, Lots of Selections - Edit

We are always looking for Asian restaurants that use organic ingredients and are tuned into the requirements of Vegans. Although not totally organic they do use some organic produce and they have some totally vegan and gluten-free items. We go there about once a month with my wife's parents and sister and have never been disappointed.

Just so-so - Edit

Not overly impressed...there were vegan options but the servers were not overly concerned with insuring you recieved what you asked for. I ordered the tofu pot which was ok but also ordered the veggie fried rice and despite informing the server that I wanted to make sure everything I order was vegan, the rice was served with egg in it...the description on the menu did not include egg. The sauces on the table were not labled and the soy sauce closely resembled the fish sauce..wouldn't have known the difference without asking. Also, the portions were outragous...we were just visiting the area and were unable to take leftovers home...what could have fed at least 4 more people had to be thrown out.

Pros: vegan options

Cons: wasteful portions, careless servers

Goji Absolutely Rocks. - Edit

Amazing food with no dairy contamination problems- my guy has serious sensitivity and he's never gotten sick here. The specials braised eggplant and crispy tofu are fabulous. Love the tofu clay pot. all around spectacular and one of my favorite eateries.

Pros: Tasty, Great atmosphere, Very easy to substitute- flexible

Cons: Can be pricey?, Only one location, Busy on a weekend night

Return to Santa Rosa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Goji Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1783 times since May 2012.