Santa Rosa Community Market

• Health-food-store Health Store
707-546-1806

1899 Mendocino Ave, Santa Rosa, California, USA, 95401

Sonoma County's worker-run, all-vegetarian natural food store, established in 1975. Stocking fresh local and organic produce, vitamins, natural grocery, bulk food, and more. Staff nutritionist available for customers. Opened a second location in Sebastapol in 2013. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

First Review by beastyot

so lucky to have this market nearby! - Edit

this is a complete shopping experience, with stock from fresh produce to fresh deli choices to personal items, gifts, bulk, frozen, supplements... they have an amazing selection for not being a supermarket! i pick this market first over all choices in the area.

Pros: vegetarian and vegan choices, friendly, responsive customer service, incredible selection

I Love This Place - Edit

Its my wish all markets would be like this one! What an amazing line of fresh produce and packaged items! Prices range depending on what your buying, I wouldnt be able to do all my weekly shopping here every week but as this was a once off visit I splurged. Discovered some new (now favourite) vegan products and stocked up on some of my loved ones I hadnt be able to find for a while.

Pros: Amazing range of packaged vegan products

Cons: Found the fresh produce to be kind of on the expen

Vegan Paradise - Edit

Seriously, I live near this market and it is wonderful. I believe the store is entirely vegetarian, and has a great selection of vegan items. They emphasize local, organic, and non-GMO,and have cute little product recommendations by the staff posted around. Great bulk options as well -- love to get bulk organic sugar and organic popcorn here :)

My favorite vegan products to pick up here are Sweet and Sara Marshmallows (in refrigerated section) and the tamales in the teal packaging in the refrigerated section. Sooo good! Oh, and the individual Sjaak's vegan chocolates by the counter.

I come here all the time to explore new products I've never heard of -- each trip is an adventure.

If you're local, they have Go Local cards that you can sign up for -- you'll get some small percentage of what you spend back at your next shopping trip -- which I always use to buy myself a Sjaak's chocolate :)

Pros: amazing vegan selection, emphasize local, non-GMO, and organic, large bulk section

Cons: a little pricey, ugly chain link fence around parking lot :/

Great selection - Edit

I have been a vegetarian for almost 2 decades and I have learned that stores like this are very hard to find. Great selection, high prices but still acceptable.

Pros: Nice selection

Cons: Prices are a bit steep

Best Health Food Store in the galaxy - Edit

My spouse and I have been traveling full-time for 20 years throughout North America, going to many hundreds of health food stores for our vegan organic foods, and I'd have to say that the Santa Rosa Community Market is the very best of them all. Fabulous fresh local produce, wide variety of organic bulk foods, great selection of merchandise, friendly staff, good prices, no meat (at least not obvious) well-organized, great hours -- just really a terrific shopping experience all around. We are typically disappointed in so many ways with the health food store situation, with Whole Foods moving in to so many communities.
Thanks Santa Rosa - we are grateful to you and to your progressive and compassionate consciousness for consistently supporting this best of all health food stores. Highest recommendation.

Pros: great quality, big selection, paradise!

My favorite place to shop! - Edit

Friendly caring staff, good selection of foods not found elsewhere, lots of organic fresh fruits and vegetables.

Outstanding Community Market! - Edit

Everything you could need and more! Wonderful selection of natural products. Don't miss the vegan burritos in the refrigerated section.

A great place to be! - Edit

WOW!! This is a really impressive health food store for a smaller sized city. Their produce section is 99% organic and blows a loud horn of plenty! The best part is that they do their best to support small, local farms. The supplements and bodycare department also offers a wide array of super sustainable organic products. They give the cleanest bodycare products a green label making it extremely easy to identify the safest products. Now, my most favorite part...the raw food section! I don't think I've ever seen a health food store with a more plentiful selection of delicious, organic, local raw food-not to mention how reasonably priced it all is! I know that i won't be shopping at a wHOLE foods ever again! stop in and say "hullo!" to the friendly Community Market kids!!

Pros: Organic!, Local, Vegetarian

Return to Santa Rosa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Santa Rosa Community Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.