First Review by StarClusters

Great little place - Edit

I love this place, go there almost every week for part of my weekly shop. It's not a restaurant, more a health food shop, but they do have vegan-filled rolls, soups, and fresh made smoothies, all to take out. A place like this, in deepest, darkest, livestock-farming Wales is quite a find. They have other quick snack things, like vegan cornettos, and other non-dairy sweets frozen and non frozen (love the sweety section). Also, snack-pack cous-cous/grains, and other things which are easily bought and eaten outside somewhere - or do as I do... I grab a few nibbles and part of my weekly shop here, do my main shop as Tesco, then drive on down to Poppit beach (about 2 miles away) and enjoy my grub on the sand! Not a bad way to liven up the otherwise mundane chore of grocery shopping.

Whilst you can buy take out snacks, it's primarily a healthfood type shop, but with a difference. I haven't seen any meat products in there, though they do have vegetarian/dairy products, and they have lots of 'quirky' things so being a vegan is never boring. Lot's of locally sourced stuff. Got a good range of meatless choice in the freezer, everything tempeh and veggie polony to veggie sausages and pies.

Great range in beauty products and toiletries - they even have a Beauty Without Cruelty make up section. Great range of organic fresh fruit and veg. They give you a 10% discount if you spend over £25 (I think it is). Got a wide choice of dried herbs, coffees and loose tea, as well being an ecover refill point. They even had some delicious homemade vegan cakes in there for a while.

It can be a bit on the pricey side, but then so are all these type of places, but this is a real gem of a shop. If you are in the area, I recommend dropping in and having a gander round.

Pros: Big variety, Vegan cornettos, 10% Discount

Cons: Can get a little cramped when it's busy

Return to Cardigan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Go Mango Wholefoods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1376 times since Aug 2007.