Food Fight Vegan Grocery

• Vegan-store Veg Shop
  • Vegan
503-233-3910

1217 SE Stark St (at SE 12th Ave, Belmont District), Portland, Oregon, USA, 97214

All vegan convenience store selling a wide range of food and products including imports, mock meats, no bone-char sugar, vegan junk foods, snack foods, books, some organic produce, bulk staples, chilled and frozen food. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

First Review by hat

Lots packed into a little store - Edit

Really enjoyed walking around this store and finding products we don't get in Toronto. Lots of variety and friendly staff. Prices are reasonable.

Pros: New products, Wide product range, Friendly staff

Food fight grocery - Edit

This grocery is across the street from a huge homeless sight. Felt very unsafe walking there.

Pros: Had cute bags

Cons: Not really grocery store more like vegan 7-11., In terrible section of town.

Fabulous store - Edit

What's not to love about a fully vegan grocery store? I visit here and fill my car trunk every time I'm in Portland. There are sections for frozen and chilled food, packaged/canned items, snacks, some fresh produce, a small bulk section, household products, ready-made sandwiches and burritos to take away, beverages. There are always some new-to-me products, such as (this time) soy-free tempeh and Amy's candy bars. Soft-serve ice cream service starts about 11 a.m.

Pros: all vegan!, lots of products for a small-ish store, takeaway food

Cons: not located where I live ;-)

So fun to be in a vegan grocery store! - Edit

I stumbled on this place when I was on tour in Portland. It was really fun to walk into a vegan grocery store (not to mention the vegan apparel store and bakery right down the block). Lots of interesting specialty items, including a lot of local Portland/Oregon-made products. Definitely not the place to stock up on staples and produce (duh).

Can't wait for the next time I'm in Portland so I can go to Food Fight again!

Pros: hard-to-find specialty products, order online option!

The bomb dot com for vegans - Edit

The store looks kind of small, but man, does it have an abundance of vegan products. It's also cool how the store's location is close to a vegan clothing store and tattoo parlor (The vegan clothing store being Herbivore clothing.) They have vegan pet food here, frozen food, documentaries/ DVD's, beauty products, vitamins, etc...you name it (vegan) they got it.. They also sell shirts which are also pretty awesome (with a witty vegan message, woo.) If you're veg, come down here (even if you aren't) you're in for a treat, this store is the bomb dot com for vegans. All of your vegan needs will be fulfilled once you enter into this store. It's also pretty great how they carry so many products from independent companies as well. Well what are you waiting for? Go to Portland and shop here, you won't regret it.

Pros: All vegan products, Chill vibes, Did I mention it's an all vegan grocer?

Place to find fun vegan stuff! - Edit

This place wouldn't be my main grocery stop but they definitely have a huge selection of fun vegan stuff to try! As a vegan junk food fan, I was totally satisfied! I'm so used to checking labels that it was hard to break the habit! I also saw some items that I didn't know were vegan. The two women working the day I was there were SO nice and gave us recommendations for other places to go in town. We bought a whole bag full of non perishable stuff to bring back to Nashville. Worth a stop for sure!

Pros: all vegan, nice staff, junk food!

not a worry - Edit

This place is great because you don't have to worry about the background and ingredients in your products... That being said it is a marked up junk food store. No fresh produce.

Cons: junk food

No need to check labels; Everything is 100% vegan! - Edit

Two steps in, we were already checking labels because: Ranch chips made vegan? :) After picking out $200 worth of non-perishables, we could have still picked out more. This place is tiny (about the size of a NYC grocery store), but easy to navigate and FULL of fun vegan foods. Ordering online is great, too.

They have a small selection of ready-to-eat items for a quick breakfast/lunch/supper, too, as well as a soft-serve ice cream cone machine.

Whether you are traveling or live near, this is a great little grocery store to give your money to. :)

Pros: Lots of selections, Ready-to-eat and frozen/canned/boxed, 100% vegan atmosphere

Cons: Check out is a tad slow, Setup for people only buying a few items

fun place 100% vegan - Edit

This place is fun. My first all vegan grocery. It's largely junk food and prepared foods so you wouldn't want to shop there often but they had lots of things I'd never seen before.

Amazing vegan supermarket in the vegan strip mall - Edit

This place is fantastic! So many options for snacks, dry goods, dog foods, supplements, personal care items. They had soft serve ice-cream!

Great to check out while you look at the other all vegan places on this strip. Support the all vegan grocery store!

Pros: Great selection, Soft serve ice-cream, Part of vegan strip mall

Just Go To My Amazing Local Grocer - Edit

I am honored to be a part of this amazing vegan community in Portland! This grocery store does an awesome job at supporting local vegan companies, and some other really awesome smaller companies in other states. (Try the vegan version of the twinkie called a Dillo bar, I have never tried a conventional Twinkie but I can guarantee that these Lil suckers are far greater. We split a chai flavor! )
Its on my route home from work, so I often stop to see what new specialty items they have. They offer a great selection in a cozy little store.
Getchaself a gift card loaded up with 100$ and you get 10$ bonus cash, awesome for regulars like myself.
The people are awesome, helpful, and kind.
I can only hope they expand to bother locations. Let's spread positivity though our purchases! Even if this location were out of my way, I would go the extra mile (We literally walked miles with our groceries a few weeks ago when we left the truck at home:) ) or I would pay the extra dollar to support this establishment.
We advertise with our awesome organic merch (the t-shirts are rad, recycled, and organic; cheaper too than next door) stickers, and canvas shopper bag. I will always rave about this place.

Pros: Support Local, Plantbased Food, Takes The Guesswork Out Of Finding Vegan Food

Great Vegan Market - Edit

We were visiting Portland and got a chance to go to an all-vegan market. Though it's small, it's mighty. I loved being able to shop and NOT have to read any of the labels. It looks small from the outside, but it's deep. It's nicely organized and offers a good variety from marshmallows to refrigerated items to personal care to baking to ethnic ingredients. Price-wise, it's about what you'd pay at Whole Foods; however, it's nice that it's an independent market and be able to support them. I LOVE that they're located amongst other like-minded vegan shops: Herbivore (clothing), Sweet Pea Bakery & Scapegoat Tattoo.

Pros: excellent selection, friendly

drove 2 hours just for groceries - Edit

This has become a frequent destination for us. We could utilize their shipping but it's worth it just to eat in portland while we shop. It has everything you need as a vegan to survive.

Love this place - Edit

If I could, I'd shop here every day! Vegan haggis, vegan mac and cheese, vegan mayo- basically anything you can think of can be found here.

Contributions +35

PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GROCER - Edit

great place, vegan marshmallow are here!!!!!!!!!!

Used to order products from here when I was living in another state. Good selection, come and browse and support.

Pros: ALL VEGAN, SELECTION

Genuine vegan resource - Edit

This is a vegan's dream grocery set in the heart of the Portland metropolitan area.

Pros: large variety of vegan goods

I love this place! - Edit

I love this place! What can be better than a exclusively vegan grocery store? We buy all sorts of goodies from Food Fight!

Pros: Organic and Eco Friendly Food & Products, Nice Staff

Great Place! - Edit

Great little vegan market! Most of the items were things I can find in Whole Foods and other similar stores near me, but I did find some great things not easily found elsewhere.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 02, 2014

Pros: Vegan, Good Selection, Rare Items

Cons: Pricey At Times

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Food Fight Vegan Grocery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.