Sweetpea Baking Company

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan
Contact 503-477-5916

1205 SE Stark St (at Belmont District), Portland, Oregon, USA, 97214

Vegan bakery with a wide range of baked goods (cake slices, cupcakes, scones, cookies, tarts, and more) Has a smaller selection of savory items including ready-made sandwiches and bagels with vegan cream cheese. Has hot drinks. Weekend brunch. Free Wi-Fi access. Casual seating. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-6:00pm, Sun 9:00am-5:00pm.

First Review by rccourtney

Great bakery - Edit

Popped in here and despite being full from lunch (Portland is just too amazing for vegans) I ordered a cream cheese croissant (which I've never seen in vegan form). It was delicious! Also had a coffee.

Nice looking desserts in the display too. Reasonable prices.

Loved it! - Edit

We came here the day that we arrived in Portland. I had a soup and my partner had the pb&j sandwich and we shared a chocolate cherry donut. All were really nice, the soup was thick and amazing. The donut was so tasty. Now having serious regrets we didn't come here more than once!

Pros: Donuts

love this place - Edit

I have been going here for years even since I moved back to Phoenix. I developed a corn allergy recently and the baker told me which ones are corn free. I got the almond pastry. It was like a soft donut. Most of the sandwiches are corn free also. Great service thanks guys!!

Pros: customer service , selection , good prices

Try the spinach lasagna! - Edit

It was "to die for" as my mom would say :) My husband and I thought we would share one and save more room for the amazing looking desserts, but ended up ordering a second one!

Great food, good vibes - Edit

Enjoyed great tasting baked goodies at Sweetpea on my maiden visit to Portland. Arrived late on a busy Sunday afternoon, just before closing, and unfortunately they were sold out of most things. Good kale salad was only non sweet food available. Friendly, accommodating, knowledgeable staff was quite apologetic about scarcity, yet no worries cause the salad was tasty & filling. Followed up with delicious, moist baked goods. Had a tasty oatmeal raisin cookie there. Later, enjoyed peanut butter brownie, strawberry lemon muffin, & more cookies, chocolate chip, snicker doodle & peanut butter. All good.
Really liked the vibes of the warehouse-like space. Very affordable prices. Looking forward to trying more menu items on a return trip.
Located in Portland's "vegan mini-mall," adjacent to Herbivore Clothing, Food Fight Grocer & Scapegoat vegan tattoo parlor. Some off-street parking, and plenty of on street parking out front. Eat in, take out, free wifi.

Pros: 100% vegan, part of vegan mini-mall, Good food, sweet and savory, Friendly, knowledgeable service

delightful! - Edit

Very nice staff! They have a fantastic tea selection. I had a Reuben bagel! OMG so good. The chocolate croissant was actually not very good. It tasted doughy and perhaps undercooked I would however love to try all the other pastries! The cinnamon roll looked epic.

I'm never disappointed! - Edit

I've been coming to Sweetpea for about a year now and it's stayed consistent throughout. The service and the quality of the food, along with the prices are top notch.

I ordered a birthday cake for a mix of vegans and non-vegans back in April (I believe it was the vanilla with raspberry filling) and everyone loved it. Highly recommend

lots of vegan baked goods - Edit

I popped in here after visiting the two vegan stores next door. I was in the mood for something savoury and luckily they had one savoury bagel left. The veggie garden smear was fine but I should have chosen something more exciting. Free wifi. Service was okay.

Vegan baked goods and good coffee - Edit

Coffees, teas, all-vegan bakery with bagels, treats, croissants, crumbles and more. I had a Reuben croissant, made with slices of their house-made pastrami seitan, which was good. Another time I had a quiche, which was fine, and a fruit crumble, which was very good.

Pros: all-vegan baked goods

Pastry Heaven - Edit

Cute bakery and coffee place in the Portland vegan mini mall. The food, drinks and staff are excellent. Very Portland. We had the chicken and cheese, and almond croissant. Both excellent. Would be back in a heartbeat.

Pros: delightful staff, divine pastries, great coffee, f

Cons: none

Awesome bakery - Edit

Amazing vegan bakery with uncommon vegan baked goods. Huge cinnamon rolls, chocolate filled croissant-type pastry, and lots others. Wish I lived there (rather than just visiting) so I could eat here frequently!

Pros: Awesome selection of baked goods, Cool warehouse vibe

Best Croissant I Have Had - Edit

I just had the best croissant, vegan or not, at Sweet Pea. The Croissant was light and flakey, and was stuffed with spiced tempeh. This is a great place to chill and eat with a laptop or company.

Pros: great croissants, great atmosphere

Four times in 4 days! - Edit

We really liked Sweetpea and ended up here four times over the four days we were visiting Portland. The first time for breakfast. I REALLY wanted to try the quiche with the hashbrown crust but they were out. I got a cinnamon roll instead that tasted great. My husband had the seitan biscuit and gravy with a side of home fries. I didn't try the biscuit but loved the home fries! We got chai lattes too, which were good. I preferred the spicy one and had a few. We came by for pastries and everything we tried was yummy. I liked the fruit strudels the best!
We also got a to go lunch on our way to the airport. The club sandwiches were fine, not amazing. I think if they toasted the bread it would kick it up a notch. I really liked the macaroni salad it was served with.
Service was hit or miss. One woman behind the counter was unpleasant, two others were very nice. When we ordered food that needed to be prepared we were always served quickly.
Over all we loved this place and if we lived nearby I know I would be there all the time. You can also visit two amazing vegan store next door! What is there to lose? Highly recommend.

Pros: all vegan, delicious pastries

Cons: spotty service

Great breakfast, Great lunch, Great place - Edit

We went here nearly every single day for a week while we were in downtown Portland. Every meal and every snack were great! The place is 100% vegan!

They have daily flavor specials on their quiche and croissants. This could work in your favor, or not, depending on what flavors you personally like. We tried several, and all were great. Their quiche is made gluten-free (not something I seek out) by having a hashbrown potato crust. It is amazing!

If you get nothing else, we recommend their Pain au Chocolate. It's the best we've had since Paris. For real.

Pros: Consistently great food, Fast and polite service, Amazing bakery items

Cons: A little small, A little confusing to figure out pick-up, Just a little pricey

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweetpea Baking Company closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.