Sweetpea Baking Company

• Vegan
Contact 503-477-5916

1205 SE Stark St (at Belmont District), Portland, Oregon, USA, 97214

Vegan bakery also serving ready-made sandwiches in addition to soups, bowls, bagels with vegan cream cheese, coffee, and hot cocoa. Wide range of baked goods (cake slices, cupcakes, scones, cookies, tarts, and more). Weekend brunch. Free Wi-Fi access. Casual seating.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by rccourtney

I'm never disappointed! - Edit

I've been coming to Sweetpea for about a year now and it's stayed consistent throughout. The service and the quality of the food, along with the prices are top notch.

I ordered a birthday cake for a mix of vegans and non-vegans back in April (I believe it was the vanilla with raspberry filling) and everyone loved it. Highly recommend

lots of vegan baked goods - Edit

I popped in here after visiting the two vegan stores next door. I was in the mood for something savoury and luckily they had one savoury bagel left. The veggie garden smear was fine but I should have chosen something more exciting. Free wifi. Service was okay.

Vegan baked goods and good coffee - Edit

Coffees, teas, all-vegan bakery with bagels, treats, croissants, crumbles and more. I had a Reuben croissant, made with slices of their house-made pastrami seitan, which was good. Another time I had a quiche, which was fine, and a fruit crumble, which was very good.

Pros: all-vegan baked goods

Pastry Heaven - Edit

Cute bakery and coffee place in the Portland vegan mini mall. The food, drinks and staff are excellent. Very Portland. We had the chicken and cheese, and almond croissant. Both excellent. Would be back in a heartbeat.

Pros: delightful staff, divine pastries, great coffee, f

Cons: none

Awesome bakery - Edit

Amazing vegan bakery with uncommon vegan baked goods. Huge cinnamon rolls, chocolate filled croissant-type pastry, and lots others. Wish I lived there (rather than just visiting) so I could eat here frequently!

Pros: Awesome selection of baked goods, Cool warehouse vibe

Best Croissant I Have Had - Edit

I just had the best croissant, vegan or not, at Sweet Pea. The Croissant was light and flakey, and was stuffed with spiced tempeh. This is a great place to chill and eat with a laptop or company.

Pros: great croissants, great atmosphere

Four times in 4 days! - Edit

We really liked Sweetpea and ended up here four times over the four days we were visiting Portland. The first time for breakfast. I REALLY wanted to try the quiche with the hashbrown crust but they were out. I got a cinnamon roll instead that tasted great. My husband had the seitan biscuit and gravy with a side of home fries. I didn't try the biscuit but loved the home fries! We got chai lattes too, which were good. I preferred the spicy one and had a few. We came by for pastries and everything we tried was yummy. I liked the fruit strudels the best!
We also got a to go lunch on our way to the airport. The club sandwiches were fine, not amazing. I think if they toasted the bread it would kick it up a notch. I really liked the macaroni salad it was served with.
Service was hit or miss. One woman behind the counter was unpleasant, two others were very nice. When we ordered food that needed to be prepared we were always served quickly.
Over all we loved this place and if we lived nearby I know I would be there all the time. You can also visit two amazing vegan store next door! What is there to lose? Highly recommend.

Pros: all vegan, delicious pastries

Cons: spotty service

Great breakfast, Great lunch, Great place - Edit

We went here nearly every single day for a week while we were in downtown Portland. Every meal and every snack were great! The place is 100% vegan!

They have daily flavor specials on their quiche and croissants. This could work in your favor, or not, depending on what flavors you personally like. We tried several, and all were great. Their quiche is made gluten-free (not something I seek out) by having a hashbrown potato crust. It is amazing!

If you get nothing else, we recommend their Pain au Chocolate. It's the best we've had since Paris. For real.

Pros: Consistently great food, Fast and polite service, Amazing bakery items

Cons: A little small, A little confusing to figure out pick-up, Just a little pricey

Tasty - Edit

We had brunch sandwiches and they were tasty. The lemon parfait was outstanding and impressive. The staff are cool alternative tattooed folks who are friendly when they aren't being standoffish. The warehouse-like space was funky.

Excellent food - Edit

I went here with a friend for lunch, we ordered a build your own sandwich and a caesar salad. The food was really good although some things on their online menu were not available when we were there. We didn't get to try the baked goods but they looked good, not much for gluten free options. We went back a couple days later to have lunch again because we were very pleased with our meals!

Pros: Good Food, Moderate prices

Cons: Limited GF options

Great sandwiches and desserts - Edit

We came here for lunch - my partner got the chicken sandwich which was great. I got the Higgins which has pepperoni, seitan and pepperoncini - so yummy! Came with fresh salad on the side with balsamic vinegar which was delicious.

Ordered the monster cookie for dessert which is massive and soooo good. We also got a hot cocoa with hazelnut milk and a sweet chai with almond milk. Love all the different vegan milk options! Great service, free wifi. Place was quite busy which was good to see. Definitely a must-visit while at the vegan strip mall.

We didn't get to try the brunch but it looked really good too!

Pros: Part of vegan strip mall, Amazing selection of milk!, Delicious desserts

weird seating - Edit

Great food. Employees are never friendly. Big cold warehouse space next to a super sketchy park

Pros: so many baked goods, sandwiches!

Cons: not cozy, sandwich quality not consistent, servers seem unhappy

Yes. - Edit

So much to eat, so little time. I had the quiche - my first vegan one ever - and it was awesome - much better than the non-vegan ones I used to eat. The crust especially was mouth-watering. The danish are perfecto; the croissant I had not so much, but it wasn't bad either, just lacked that true croissant consistency. I also had the chocolate chip scone, and it was excellent too, and studded with chocolate chips. The two coffee drinks I had there - a cappuccino and an espresso, were both excellent.

The vibe is nice, and the wi-fi makes it a good place to hang for a while. All in all, this lived up to its excellent reputation; I wish there was one of these in my hometown. Glad to see that an all-vegan bakery like this can thrive. Bravo!

Pros: great food, great coffee drinks, nice stress-free ambiance

Cons: none

Good Eats - Edit

We are from out of town and wanted to go to an all-vegan bakery. The atmosphere is bright & modern. We ordered a Charlie Brown which is a coconut crust with peanut butter middle and chocolate on top. It was DELICIOUS! I highly recommend it! Next time, I want to order more things and hang out since it's open, comfortable, and bright. Service was quick and friendly. They are conveniently located next to other vegan businesses: Herbivore (clothing), Food Fight (groceries) & Scapegoat Tattoo

Pros: delicious bakery items, good selection, friendly, fast, service

Great vegan hangout with Wi-Fi and yumz - Edit

If I lived in Portland, I'd probably hang out here all the time doing work on my computer, eating reubens and almond ring pastries and drinking coffee. It's just such a nice vibe in here, and both the lunch food and pastries were great. A very affordable lunch. The Bay area is jealous.

Sweetpea Baking Co - Edit

I had the quiche $5, which is a slice of eggless quiche with a hash brown crust and changed daily. Also the wirthles is really good as well. One biscuit topped with spinach, tomatoe, tofu, and hollandais sauce. Topped with a chocolate chip cinnamon bun. They were all amazing.

Pros: vegan, Affordable

Best Seitanic Sandwich And Sweet Shop - Edit

Great atmosphere and experience. Lofty space, freshly baked sweet smells, chill music, and quality products.
I had my favorite prepared seitanic sandwich ever here! I had the sandwich that comes with the dipping sauce. Dunk away! Don't forget the cashew cheeze. Also, I suggest you upgrade your salad game and get the kale and Mac salad! My soulmate got the club sandwich. It was also delicious, but harder to eat because it had a triple pack of bread, but I made it work. :) We share, we are team vegans.
Save room for desert of course. We wanted the cinnamon roll, but someone bought it before we finished our meal. We got the red velvet whoopie pie. I'm not a huge cake fan. I fear excessive frosting overload. The cream to cake ratio was on point though.
  I look forward to coming back and ordering something for a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary.
Be Sweet! XO

Cons: Limited Seating

Vegan heaven - Edit

Next door is a vegan grocery store and Herbivore clothing, it's like a little vegan heaven. Sweetpea has great soup, everytime I've been there I always get a bowl of soup. Their baked goods are also all delicious.

Have to try this! - Edit

So far this is my favorite vegan place in Portland. When I'm in town I always go here for breakfast and lunch. I would recommend the Higgins and good luck with finishing it because that sandwich is huge!!!!

Pros: Awesome food

Even Better Than I Expected! - Edit

Food: 10. Holy cow, I was oo-ing and ah-ing while eating! I had a reuben sandwich with kale salad and then a monstrous cookie sandwich for dessert. No joke, that cookie was big enough to be a meal in itself (in fact I had to take more than half to go) and was the best cookie I've ever had. My boyfriend liked his blt a lot, as well as the doughnuts he got.

Prices: 9. Pretty decent for the amount you get and the quality it is.

Atmosphere: 10. Cozy.

Staff: 9. Helpful and friendly.

Pros: Vegan, Yummy, Good Variety

Worth the trek - Edit

We were staying downtown and actually walked here to check out this place as well as the grocery store next to it. The location was a little bit out of the way and it took us about 30 minutes to get here. We were all hot and sweaty from the scorching sun, but we knew it was all worth it as soon as we saw what was waiting for us. They had regular café items like coffee cakes, muffins, cookies, scones, as well as some savory lunch food, but really all our eyes were on the pastries—croissant, danish, galette, strudel, etc. They all looked amazing, and all vegan to boot. After much deliberation, we decided on the galette at the recommendation of the staff and the strudel. Boy, were they delicious! Between this place and the grocery store next door, make it a trip to come visit them both!

Pros: selection

Cons: location

Come and feel the vegan love - Edit

Bagels were good, croissants were good, pastries were good, cupcakes were good. Even the coffee was bearable - can't believe we found bearable coffee in the US!

The setting was a little quiet - I'd have preferred some more lively ambiance - like music, or people talking to each other, or even the boss yelling at the workers.

TBH I wasn't blown away by anything here, but being in a vegan "mall" and knowing that everyone in the joint thinks it's uncool to torture others makes it super sweet. So kudos and 5 stars to you all. The world needs more of you.

First stop in Portland - Edit

This was our first stop in Portland after driving from Seattle. We definitely weren't disappointed.
Anytime I can get a cinnamon bun, I'm excited. They had those and so much more. Croissants with field roast inside? Check! Awesome, messy, huge sandwiches? Check! Free wifi and cookie/icing sandwiches larger than your head? Double check!
We went here twice. It was super good.

Pros: Great selections, Decent prices, Not just desserts, good lunches too

Cons: Seating can be limited

Pain Au Chocolat - Edit

Nice bakery with friendly service. My husband and I went for the vegan pain au chocolat, which is one of our favourite things but we haven't had it since going vegan. It didn't disappoint. Would definitely return if we come to portland again.

Coffee and croissants - Edit

Excellent bakery/cafe stop in SE with ample bike parking in front. Great people watching from the sidewalk or window seats. Awesome music. Great staff. Good for meeting up with clients or friends or just hanging solo. The food and sweets aren't quite my taste, but oddly I love this place just the same. I do get a craving for their croissants which I find a suitable guilty pleasure.

Pros: Vibrant, friendly atmosphere

Weekend brunch, biscuits and gravy - Edit

Of course, stop here! It's right by Herbivore Clothing Co. and Food Fight vegan grocery and around the corner from Red & Black Cafe.

We were here Saturday morning — they open nice and early at 8 a.m. — and we were able to try their savory options offered for weekend brunch before hitting the road.

The biscuits are massive, fluffy and yum. I sampled the biscuit and spicy gravy and the coffee cake and had the Wirth-Less (a veggie-bennie like creation with tofu, tomato, spinach and a rich, yellow sauce). Very good. Especially the biscuit.

They offer soy, almond, and hazelnut milks for espresso drinks and serve the fabulous Stumptown coffee (also served by Cafe Flora in Seattle).

While we were eating, they kept bringing out more and more big, beautiful baked goods: berry scones, cinnamon rolls, tarts, cookies and cupcakes.

Vegan tourism, FTW!

Pros: Right next to Herbivore Clothing Co., Stumptown Coffee, Massive, lovely-looking baked goods

Cons: Not a lot of veggies, Sugar rush!, Temptations galore!

Gigantic Cinnamon Rolls! - Edit

My daughter and I adore this bakery. I had the quiche and she had the cinnamon roll, breakfast potatoes and avocado and we loved each bite. My daughter declared this cinnamon role to be the *best ever* which is high praise against her grandmother's baking skill.

A must-visit when in PDX.

Pros: Great breakfast, Almond, soy, hazelnut and rice milks, Sweet and savory options

Cons: Limited juice/beverage selection

Excellent eats and community support! - Edit

In 2012 I was a volunteer at the Sexual Minority Youth Resource Center (SMYRC) and in charge of putting on their prom. Part of our responsibilities was soliciting donations for the event.

Sweetpea kindly donated vegan, gluten-free cupcakes for our event and all of the youth loved them! We wouldn't have been able to make it happen without kind donors like SP.

I've eaten here many times and I've enjoyed everything I've gotten so far. This is a great place to spend an afternoon while working on your laptop.

Pros: Food, Staff, community involvement

Awesome vegan baked goods and lunch! - Edit

I love this place. Great spot to grab a bagel in the morning (why is it so damn hard for people to carry Earth Balance in addition to butter and cream cheese anyway!!?).. Also the lunch menu is pretty awesome. Try the French Dip with vegan mozz added. Pretty outrageously good. Also right next door is the most excellent Herbivore clothing store and Food Fight! Vegan Grocery.

Pros: Baked goods, Lunch, Breakfast

Cons: Little pricey for the sandwiches

Vegan Baked Good Galore - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Sweetpea Baking Company review.

For my trip to Portland I had mapped out a string of restaurants I'd want to visit while here using the happycow guide, and this was one of them.

We only had the sweets here and not the sandwiches because we'd already had our main meal elsewhere. I got to try the carrot cake (good, but frosting too sweet for me), chocolate cupcake (moist and tasty, but a bit too sweet for me), cinnamon sugar sprinkled scone (decent), and a snickerdoole cookie (yummy).

Overall, everything was pretty good except for the sugar content beyond my personal preference. Probably other people don't mind. I bet the average person off the street would not be able to tell that these baked goods are vegan, made without eggs and/or milk and dairy products! Good job here. Go try it.

Pros: all vegan baked goods, good variety

Great for lunch! - Edit

Part of the "Portland Mini-mall", and definitely a place not to be overlooked. We hit this place for lunch, and had the "P-Cole" and the days panini special [BBQ seitan], both were served with a side of tortilla chips and a quarter pickle. Both paninis were outstanding! I would love to live/work close by, oh my! All of the baked goods looked amazing, and we tried the cookies and cream cupcake, and the peanut butter whoopie pie. The whoopie pie was disappointing in that it was indredibly dry, and not at all flavorful. The cookies and cream cupcake however, was wonderful! So moist and very flavorful, certainly a hit!
The bussing station was filled to capacity, and as this is a self-bussed restaurant I thought that was a shame as it left customers not knowing what to do with their dishes.
All in all, this is a wonderful place and I'll look forward to going back again.

Pros: More than baked goods, Bright space, Tasty

Cons: Staff all in the back, Certainly not healthy by any stretch, Not the friendliest of staff

Monster cookies! - Edit

Their monster cookie (BIG double cookie filled with cream) really is a sin but so delicious! I wish I could have tried more. They had cupcakes, cake, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches and much more. I also liked the other shops in the vegan mini-mall.

Pros: good value, great atmosphere, delicious

vegan goodness - Edit

We just HAD to try three different pastries. The apricot almond muffin was my absolut favorite. We also ordered a Charlie Brown (peanut crust with peanut butter and chocolate) and a bar with a nut medley on top. The last two were two sweet for me, but my hubby loved them and ate them. The building is absolutely incredible and the people very nice

Pros: selection, service

AMAZING - Edit

What they are able to create is simply amazing. This is by far the best bakery I have gone to. The cakes are so moist and good....people will question if these are vegan. While they serve donuts, once a week, I have had much tastier up in Seattle, but for everything else...this is for sure the place to go!! Once you finish, you can go next door to the all vegan grocery store...what can be better than this!!

Pros: vegan, tasty, value

WOW! - Edit

Best doughnut I have ever had in my life, EVER! They only have them on Saturdays and you should get there early. Mine was a Boston Creme. AMAZING!

Good brunch - Edit

OK now this place does have a pretty darn good brunch!! The biscuits the first time were awesome!!! Then the second time so so. But for 10 bux, all you can eat, i just added more gravy! Now with that said, man, what is up with the staff!! I swear they are too busy one upping eachother in quoting smiths songs to help the customers! We were the only people in there twice and took the dude maybe 5 minutes to ask what we wanted. I was nice anyways, but for a dry ass cookie it was not worth it. Seems like a pretty rad job, a vegan bakery! Anyways, try the brunch. Maybe they've hired new people.

Pros: vegan, breakfast

Cons: rude

my god, the best - Edit

First of all, it's located on a really cute artsy street. Second of all, you can watch them make your food. Thirdly, the pastry window looks impeccable. The sandwich I ordered, along with the potato salad, was amazing. I wanted the meal the last forever. I will be coming back again!

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Presentation

Cons: I wanted everything

If god made vegan pastries. - Edit

I have only eaten their pastries and they almost always qualify in the "I can't believe they are vegan" catagory. This place is special, if you are going through town, make a point to check it out. It's in such a cool location, it makes me want to move down to Portland and live across the street.

Pros: yummy foods

Cons: what is there to say bad??, seriously??

Amazing sandwiches and baked goods - Edit

I had my first vegan danish here - it was so good! They also had vegan lemon squares, sugar cookies, and cookies n' cream cupcakes. Their vegan potato salad is really good, and I had an un-tuna salad sandwich which was incredible. It's made with chickpeas and doesn't really taste that fishy, which was perfect for me because I hate the taste of seafood and love chickpeas. But it did still kindof taste like how I remember tuna salad sandwiches tasting, so the name is apt. What a great place!

Absolutely perfect! - Edit

I love love love this bakery and I wish I lived in Portland so I could eat there all the time. The staff is wonderful and the food is absolutely amazing. I loved the grilled cheese sandwich, the BLT, the untuna salad and untuna sandwich as well as their delicious pastries (Hazelnut chocolate tart, raspberry tart, cupcakes and cheesecake).

Pretty Good, Prettttttty Good - Edit

I am in love with The Rainboot (vegan grilled cheese). I didn't like the chips that came with it though. I mean...potato chips? *yawn* The other sandwich I tried there was OK. I wish I could remember what it was. I'd go back for that cheezy sammy though.

Pros: good food, hip atmosphere

Cons: lame sides

Wedding Cake - Edit

I gush about Sweet Pea.

We had them do our wedding cake for our all-vegan wedding. It was absolutely gorgeous, and they got the decoration perfect. We asked for a woodland theme, and it had molded ladybugs, ferns and fiddleheads, acorns and mushrooms, with chocolate bark shavings.

The bottom layer was vanilla with vegan custard filling (to die for), the middle was chocolate with fruit filling, and the top was spice cake with vanilla filling. Everyone at the wedding, regardless of their dietary choices, devoured the cake.

They also did our favors -- Mexican wedding cookies (nut shortbread cookies covered in powdered sugar, also called Russian Tea Cakes, Snowdrops, etc.). They were light and flavorful, wrapped in biodegradable clear bags, which we tied with ribbons.

I've had several other delicious treats from them, and all are delightful. My husband loves their whoopie cookies, which remind him of his childhood in Pennsylvania.

I've purchased their cakes when available in local health food stores, as well. I've never been disappointed. Everything is moist, flavorful, and quite a treat.

Pros: Delicious, Moist, Tons of Selections, Superior Cake Decorating

Vegan Bagels? Yes, please. - Edit

This place was very charming. Located right next to Food Fight! I loved the coffee. The bagel with vegan cream cheese was a pleasant surprise. I wish I lived closer; I would be there at least once a week!

Sunday Brunch - Edit

Didn't know that a bakery could have brunch that was satisfying, filling, and mouth-watering? I didn't either. Sweetpea does a pretty wicked good job of making savory food! I'd say it's better than their baked goods, but that's ONLY because it's all you can eat. $10 for all you can eat and coffee, yes please.

Here's some comments on the food:
Tofu scramble- pretty good for an all-tofu dish, no fuss, no frills, some large cubes
Potatoes - diced, small pieces of red potatoes with skins on, salted and oiled, baked, not too bad
Bread pudding - this probably changes depending on what's around; tasted like raisin bread, rather than pudding; good if you expect it to taste like raisin bread
Biscuits and gravy - the biscuits were generously sized (smaller please! less waste?) and fabulous, but the gravy needed a bit more pizazz since it served merely as a kind of roux (sauce) rather than a rich flavorful gravy
Veggies - kale and cauliflower were good, but the cauliflower was swimming in oil; take away the oil and it'd be great

I can say I was not disappointed, but I can't say I was so happy I didn't need to eat a cookie too! Go for the monster cookies, you won't be disappointed. Frosting + cookies = yum.

I'd definitely go back to try out other items, since $10 is a great price. It probably was a mistake to catch it at the end, but there was still a lot of good food to eat. Suggestion: go earlier!

Pros: All you can eat brunch, Generous biscuits

Cons: Oily veggies, Bland gravy

the best gluten-free treats! - Edit

Once in a while when I'm not on my 80% raw thing, I stop in Sweetpea and get the yummiest chocolate chip cookie ever--gluten free and sweetened with beet (not cane) sugar. They also have gf muffins sometimes that are sweetened with agave nectar. :)
Plus, it's right next to the vegan grocer and a vegan clothing shop.

WARNING!!! - Edit

Visiting this restaurant will cause you to become addicted to very delicious vegan delicacies that you WILL NOT find anywhere else! It will also literally destroy you beliefs that vegan baking can't be good. Furthermore, the restaurant can't be held responsible if you get really fat...cause the stuff there if really just that good.

Pros: tasty., good presentation, great staff

Cons: addictive

Sweet Heavens! - Edit

My notorious sweet tooth has a home! I visited Sweetpea Baking Company on the first day of my first visit to PDX. I got a piece of double layered raspberry cake, a mini strawberry cheesecake, and a HUGE double stuffed chocolate chip cookie. The desserts here are so delicious, there's no indication whatsoever that they are vegan. I'm going to see if they can deliver a thousand miles away.

I also ordered tuno and faux-chicken sandwiches. I had a road trip the next day and let me tell you, they were lifesavers because I surely would have starved without them! Besides being lifesavers, they were both very good, and they traveled well. The tuno did not taste extra "fishy" like some of the other tuno-type sandwiches that I've had elsewhere. There was a seitan potato salad sandwich that I wanted to get for the airplane ride back... Next time.

The day after the road trip, I was back in Portland and was fortunate enough to snag some of their fresh Saturday morning doughnuts. Unbelievable! So fresh, so delicious, and vegan!

The owner and the staff were very warm, nice, and welcoming... Just as sweet as the sweeties! Long live SBC!

Pros: BEST DELICIOUS VEGAN DESSERTS, extremely affordable, service with a vegan smile!

Paradise Found! - Edit

Our first stop in Portland was at this magnificent bakery and we weren't disappointed. The desserts were to die for and the lunch items were good also. We were lucky enough to be there on a Saturday when they bake raised donuts and I don't remember enjoying a donut more. The counter staff were both friendly and helpful and we left feeling extremely positive and anxious to return.

Updated; did our wedding cake!!!!!!!!1 - Edit

They did our wedding cake. Many non-vegans were not told about the vegan cake and we got rave reviews. It was absolutely stunning. They did an outstanding job. three layers, each layer a different flavor.

As for the cafe; it is immaculate, and spacious. The cakes are all amazing. They have sandwiches, so this should be listed among the 5 cowers. I love good, high quality vegan baked goods. It is so admirable they do 100% vegan baked goods. I wouldn't go here if it was vegan yet no very good, I'd just bake on my own. This place ROCKS!! The cakes are all very good. The staff could not be any better. They are all kind, responsive and very accommodating. We only gave them 2 weeks notice for our wedding cake, and they said NO PROBLEM, a rarity in the biz. They knocked it way out of the park. Best wedding cake ever. (maybe i'll try to upload a photo)

Much love for Sweetpea!!!!!!!!

ps totally a 5 cow place, it is vegan and has more options than most bakeries

Pros: 100% Vegan, Staff , wedding cake and baked goods

I am going to be fat - Edit

I could eat their food all day. My girlfriend and I are likely moving up to Portland, and I'll be the fattest vegan in the area. I'd eat their cupcakes all day. The vegan cheese cake (I had it at Veganopolis) was so good. I hated cheesecake before i was vegan, and my girlfriend made me try it, and I want some right now damnit

Pros: Location (vegan strip mall), good service

Nice place - Edit

Sweet Pea is a really nice place. On Saturday they make Vegan Donuts and Sunday they do an all you can eat brunch. The cup cakes are a little dense for me. You can get their cookies in most of the grocery stores around town, too. Neat little stop when you're food fighting it up next door.

I like Lisa - Edit

Awesome awesome awesome.
My coworkers rave over the peanut butter cookies I bring in, and when I bring donuts into our wednesday meeting all are impressed.
my favorite is the parfaits that they have... YUM!
Oh... why can't I rate it with a 5? Sweet Pea is VEGAN!

Pros: yum, yum, yum

EVERYTHING is great! - Edit

Everything I've tried from this great vegan bakery has been delicious! My omni boyfriend LOVED the monster cookie and the cakes are great! Try them! You will be addicted!

Pros: Great location, Great food, Great value

Great sweets - Edit

I had a coconut meltaway and it was wonderful, it really did melt in my mouth. The dessert case looked awesome and I look forward to visiting this place again when I visit portland.

Pros: Yummy vegan desserts, friendly staff, air conditioned

Cons: No cons! This place is perfect!

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweetpea Baking Company closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7880 times since Apr 2008.