Ethos

662-2822748

85/2 Tanao Road, Banglumpu, Bangkok, Thailand,

Casual bakery cafe near Khaosan Rd, in alley behind Burger King. Extensive menu consisting of Thai and western dishes. Its is part of center that includes a small travel agency, yoga studio, juice bar, computer stations, and massage. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Thai, Western, Delivery, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Lek

Absolutely fantastic - Edit

This small and really nice vegetarian restaurant is for sure one of our favourite place in Bangkok . Relaxing atmosphere, friendly staff, cheap and food amazing , we love their huge salads , the vegan pancakes, the burgers and cakes .

Pros: Tasty , Convenient , Atmosphere

Poor - Edit

Maybe we were just unlucky. Ordered 2 different burgers for breakfast. Buns were terrible, cold and tasted like clay. Patty dry and tasteless, very little sauces and toppings. We asked for a chili sauce but they didn't have any. Side salad dry and too simple. We ate it just because we were very hungry. They have mango shake in the menu but cannot prepare a simple mango juice.

Cons: Terrible burgers

Best place in Bangkok - Edit

We were several times at this place to eat and relax. The ambient is perfect, nice interior, great atmosphere and music.

The food is so good, fresh and diversified. You have to try the falafel and hummous! But thai food is so good, too. Homemade tempeh as well. The drinks are also great. Fresh fruit shakes and juices, kombucha, coffee, tea, everything you need. They have water in glass bottles!

Nice staff, too. Always friendly and english speaking.
Toilet is okay. Wifi fast. Located in a nice and quite area.

Pros: Quiet and relaxing , Awesome food and Drinks , Wifi and near to Khao San Road

Tasty food - Edit

Really liked the food. Pad thai and Tom Kha tasted healthy. Also the smooties tasted fresh and delicious.

Pleasant surprise - Edit

I was in Ethos last year and the food was not really great. I decided to give them a try now and must say that I was very surprised how much they improved! Every dish we ordered was really super delicious!!! Go for their tomato soup, its heaven in your mouth;) I can only recomend!

Pros: Delicious food

Favorite chilling vegan restaurant - Edit

The taste, the variety. Amazing.
In Bangkok my other favourite restaurant is Veganerie Concept, but Ethos has a much chiller vibe, you sit down on the floor, organic design, and you feel like the food is much more raw and less processed, it's a different vibe.

Pros: Taste, Variety, Chill Vibes

VIBES! Large menu! - Edit

Very relaxing restaurant with sweet tunes. Large menu with both Vegan and Vego options. Vegan Mains, desserts and drinks!
I must visit. Wifi.

Cons: Excellent vegan menu - does not need the vegetaria

Farang Fare - Edit

Food is extremely pricey and - if you enjoy Thai food - pretty underwhelming; but if you're in need of a soy latte or kombucha and some mellow music, this joint isn't too bad.

Pros: abundant vegan options , chilled atmosphere , great wifi

Cons: extremely overpriced , only patronised by farang , pretty basic food

Great! - Edit

This place was great. For the proportions, price, and tastiness they hit it spot on.
It is a nice space very yogi-backpacker like, where you sit on meditation pillows to eat, and it right by Khao San Road.
We had the pineapple fried rice, pad thai with tofu, and kombucha and it was all delicious.
Great place for some yummy Thai food!

Pros: good location, great food, nice space

Nice hangout and good food - Edit

Tasty food prepared to your spice tolerance level (for some dishes) and large portions. I also liked the option for tempeh instead of tofu. Nice location too, off the main road in a quiet alley.

Mmmm nom nom nom - Edit

Simply the best and most extensive vegan menu I have ever seen. Chocolate and almond multigrain vegan pancake was to die for x

Pros: Pancakes, Varied informative menu, Nice relaxed vibe

Great food. - Edit

No complaints here!

Nice fresh food - Edit

Nice environment and very fresh food. My main was the pad thai which had lots of veggies and the presentation was nice but it was lacking flavour unfortunetly. Spring rolls are tasty and the pineapple coconut shake was good and creamy. I would come back and try something different because they have a great menu and I love the freshness. Staff are nice too!

Love This Place - Edit

I love this place, its one of my favourites in Bangkok, its small and has a laid back atmosphere, great place to eat in the evening, can get busy though, great menu, friendly staff, great food, great wifi, decent prices, right close to Khao San Road. Highly recommend coming here.

Pros: good menu, good prices + wifi, laid back atmosphere

Finally found satisfying vegan breakfast in BKK - Edit

They know how to make a pancake and a gluten free pancake at that. The almond chocolate pancake was delicious and I desperately wanted to eat the whole thing, but it was the size of my plate and I physically couldn't. Enjoyed my pineapple basil shake as well: plenty of fresh basil. I returned and tried something off their Thai menu. I appreciated that homemade tempeh was an option and my curry was well seasoned though a bit thin for my taste. Thai curries tend to be on the thin side. Brown rice was offered separately.

Pros: vegan options clearly labeled, completely vegetarian, cozy, peaceful atmosphere

Cons: located in dingy alley behind Khao San

Amazing food! - Edit

Truly amazing food, will be back soon!

Pros: Lots and lots of vegan options, big portions

Cons: none

Nice and cozy - Edit

The food is very good, vegan/vegetarian options available. I had the massaman curry with home-made tempeh (for extra 15baht) and organic brown rice (extra 15-20baht). It was delicious.
Also they make fresh juice from vegetable and fruits.
The prices are ok and the surroundings very laid back. Western food also available, such as hamburger and lasagna. Good location if you live in Khao San Road or nearby.

bad experience :/ - Edit

went there 2 times the 1 time the food was actually really good but nothing special . so we went again to this place for lunch i ordered noodles who should have been served in a thick sauce instead i got a noodle soup so i told the waiter that this wasn t the dish i ordered but he sayed that i ordered that so i gave him the dish back and ordered a pad thai but actually it was only rice noodles with 4 pieces of vegetables and a lot of tofu .i ate it but i wouldn t call that a pad thai . as dessert i ordered a fruit salad with muesli and soy milk but i didnt want soymilk so i said that i would only like fruit salad with the granola on top .when my desert came it was only a fruit salad .we also ordered a mango sticky rice to take away but they needed to buy fresh sticky rice because the old one was expired so we waited about 20 min until the mango sticky rice was ready and we could leave .
when i opened the box the only thing i saw was rice it didn t looked very appetizing when i found the mango i saw that it wasn t orange but brown .:/
very unfriendly staff

Cons: unfriendly

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ethos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.