Mango

• ( 225 reviews )

13 Thanon Tanao, Wat Bowon Niwet, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok, Thailand

Vegetarian restaurant and art gallery in a small space with air-con, est. since 2014. The color-coded menu offers a mix of Thai dishes like curries and soups plus western foods like granola with nut milk, salads, pita falafel with hummus, and cakes. Beverages include smoothies and coffee. Sells vegan cakes. Labels if a dish is vegan. Sources some produce from the owner's farm. On Tanao Rd one block from Khao San Rd in Banglamphu which is a tourist destination especially for the budget traveler.
Note November 2021: Restaurants in Thailand may open for indoor dining, but some provinces are requiring restaurants to close for dine-in by 9:00pm. Call to check hours before going. Alcohol is not permitted in restaurants in any province. Open Mon-Sun 8:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Western, Take-out, Gluten-free

First Review by reissausta ja ruokaa

luciajonesellis

Points +13

Vegetarian
25 Oct 2021

amazing breakfast

went here for breakfast, so many different options, i had the green soufflé and my friends had the breakfast quesadilla. Not super cheap (around 150-200B) but huge portions so definitely worth the price. Helpful staff so you could ask about the menu, make changes to dishes, or ask for different spice levels. Smoothies and lassies were also amazing

PaigeSpivey47

Points +44

08 Sep 2021

Pretty good, would go again

Nice place! Attentive and friendly staff. They have cats that just mind their own business. They have a variety of plant milks for drinks. Their kombucha is SO good. It is pretty expensive though. I got one of the curries. Neither the vegetables or beans were cooked all the way, which isn't a big deal depending on how you like it and at least you know their beans are fresh. You can probably ask for the food to be a little more cooked, or maybe it was an off day. The curry itself was super flavor. I'd go back

Updated from previous review on 2020-03-21

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Cats, Friendly ataff

Cons: Expensive, Veggies not cooked thoroughly

Samper

Points +258

10 Aug 2021

A cute veggie corner

The space is so cozy and warm, we loved our time there. Food is not cheap for a city like Bangkok, but the experience is worth it. Very fine cuisine and eye-catching dishes. We enjoyed the black rice with tempeh.

Pros: Well ellaborated dishes, food quality

Cons: Price

82amz82

Points +419

23 Jan 2021

Great curries

Been here twice, both times the curry has been my favourite dish. Reasonably priced menu with lots of easily identifiable vegan options.

Tried their vegan french toast on my return. It was amaaaaazing!

Another visit... thom kha (so good!) with extra tempeh and a kung pao (tasty, full of veggies and tempeh). Vegan banana pancakes for dessert were really good!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Well labeled menu

smantaaa_

Points +525

07 Dec 2020

Awesome but....

Food and beverage were coming in a large portion,perfect for a person who eat like a horse like me. But based on the price I think only quality of food isn’t enough, you need to look after your service as well because it’s a bit substandard.

Pros: Many vegan / vegetarian options, Large portion

Cons: Substandard service

Emsee

Points +286

13 Sep 2020

Sensational!

So happy to find this awesome restaurant amongst the deserted shops of Khao San Road area

Chilled vibe with so so sooooo many options.

We had the vegan Bahn Mi Vietnamese baguette, rainbow spring rolls and passion fruit kombucha

Pros: Superb quality, lots of choices, Menu is clearly colour-coded for veg / vegan, Very chilled out vibe

Cons: Almost impossible to choose what to eat!, A little far from my home but worth the trip

NanaPatthama

Points +16

11 Sep 2020

Bad service. Owners are rude. Food is bad

I have order a few dishes. The taste is not thai authentic. The owners and staffs are not friendly. Not recommend

Cons: Slow , Staff not friendly, Not good taste

JohnColeman

Points +223

28 Aug 2020

Good food delivery

We ordered a couple of dishes for delivery.

The falafel salad was very good, a generous size with a variety of ingredients, lovely golden falafels and plenty of very tasty hummus. Avocado was a bit off.

The pancake was also a good size and tasty with some sweet fruits, but the lack of syrup was disappointing, possibly they can’t deliver.

Overall happy with the food, service and price.

Pros: Good sized portions, Lots of tasty ingredients

Cons: Attention to detail lacking

flo.yoga

Points +26

11 Aug 2020

Incredible vegan food

Lots of vegan options and great mix of western and Thai dishes. Amazing taste!! Highly recommend when in Bangkok!

Pros: Great location and interior, Very tasty

ircharles

Points +273

12 Jun 2020

Wow

Three people, three different dishes with appetizers... All were amazing. The avocado tempura was perfect!

Pros: Mostly vegan options

MaylaNebeská

Points +939

15 Apr 2020

Jan 2020

I was a bit dissapointed that the thai dishes tasted different - not the typical spicy full taste I expected. On the other hand pancakes were very good. The restaurant was full during our visit, probabaly that was the reason of few mistakes staff has made, I don’t know.

Pros: Cats :)

piffelina

Points +3510

28 Mar 2020

So good!

I really enjoyed this place. There was a friendly vibe among the guests, cute cats to pet everywhere and excellent food.
I had a beautiful lotus leaf salad with peanut butter sauce and it was simply delicious!

SoyStina

Points +1408

14 Mar 2020

Vegan friendly

The place is super cosy and artsy, with a good vibe! Not vegan, but vegan friendly! Got many vegan main dishes, dessert and also lots of non-dairy options for your coffee. I liked the cat theme, with cute cats around sleeping and blessing us with their presence. It is expensive, but worth visiting! Good location!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Sleepy cats around

Cons: Expensive

DanielaAravenaZuñig

Points +124

10 Mar 2020

Comida muy sabrosa

Lugar bonito, atención buena, comida muy sabrosa y buenas porciones, los precios estaban bien.

Pros: Todo vegetariano/vegano

Mathiiiiilde

Points +115

07 Mar 2020

Almost Purrfect

There is nothing better than eating around cats! The food is really good, too bad the place is not fully vegan. But already a lot of options!

Pros: Lot of vegan choice , Cats!

Cons: Not fully vegan

LucaSelvaggio

Points +106

26 Feb 2020

Relaly good food and service

Great location, really good food and service! We had the tempeh, 2 mango pad thais and the brownie with coconut ice cream. We enjoyed everything. Prices were on the Thai standards

Pros: Good food, Good service, Good location

AmitKramer

Points +426

23 Feb 2020

Amazing place

So good, cheap, tasty, huge variety, nuce staff

Pros: So yummy

Cons: Always full of people

Julie90

Points +407

13 Feb 2020

Best of Khao San

The tempeh salad I had was huge, which is not necessary IMO, but delicious nevertheless. Can recommend the chickpea dressing😉Cute interior, A/C, friendly staff. Honestly my favourite restaurant in the area, concerning variety and freshness.

Ayebizi

Points +264

10 Feb 2020

5 STARS

I went to this place more than 10 times already.
Everything I had was very tasty, big portions, reasonable price for Bangkok.
Service is also very fast.
This is a must go if you are in town.

Cons: Not 100% vegan

LenaS

Points +458

08 Feb 2020

Fresh and tasty food

Quite a crowded place, but we managed to get a seat at the communal table. I ordered the deep-fried avocado as an appetizer and the pad see ew as a main. The food was very fresh and tasty. The vegetables were cooked perfectly. My only complaint is about the order that they bring out the food and drinks. We got the main dish before the appetizer, and not at the same time, and the drinks were brought out some time after we got the food. But that's just a detail and I would still recommend this place for the good food!

Updated from previous review on 2020-02-08

Pros: Fresh tasty food and drinks, Vegan options clearly marked

Cons: A bit crowded, The order they bring out food and drinks, Not 100 % vegan

dorotyka

Points +30

04 Feb 2020

Amazing thai food

Almost everything is vegan. Plenty of food and drinks to choose from. We had tom kha, tom yum, spring rolls, tikka masala curry and . If you have a small appetite one meal is enough (or at least it was for me). Everything was super tasty and the cat and cat decor is really cute.

Pros: almost everything is vegan, normal portions, big drinks, really tasty

Cons: small space with few seats

FelixPerrella

Points +76

28 Jan 2020

Good choise

Se la priorità è la cucina vegana voto 5, per il sapore 4,5; le porzioni sono grandissime, bell’arredamento e quadri buddisti alle pareti, con bel contrasto di vernice. Parete vetrata su strada e centralissimo. Pad Thai della casa (mango style) buono e veganissimo 125 bath, Kombucha (saporita) 80 bath. Staff accomodante ma non accogliente.

Pros: Vegano 100%, Porzioni giganti , Qualità\prezzo buona

Cons: Molto turistico , Staff poco friendly

elenamkv

Points +36

25 Jan 2020

Amazing vegan food!

Went here for lunch when Me and my friend had just arrived in Bangkok and we absolutely loved it! There were so many options....so it took us a while to choose one dish! Eventually I chose to eat the Pad Thai Mango Style and it was SO YUM! Definitely going back to this restaurant since I want to try all the other 1000 options that they have on their menu!!😍😍😍

KikiKiki

Points +17

Vegetarian
23 Jan 2020

Best food in bkk

Super description, no questions, just good and healthy food and drinks. Love it!!!!

Farm

Points +74

23 Jan 2020

Wow! Our favorite restaurant of the Asian trip!

Fabulous, healthy, vegan, beautifully prepared. Everything on the menu looks delicious. Hard to decide. Cookies are great too. An oasis.

Pros: Vegan , Healthy , Large portions

Ulverbite

Points +74

15 Jan 2020

Delicious vegan food

I had probably the best vegan food in Bangkok in Mango restaurant. Very recommended, quick service and very friendly staff.

Pros: Delicious food, Great presentation , Cats

Cons: Slightly pricey

MarinaFeurer

Points +80

30 Dec 2019

Very Good Vegetarian Restaurants!

Many vegan options, huge and delicious dishes!

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mango closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.