Eternal Abundance Organic Market & Cafe

• Friend
Contact 604-707-0088

1025 Commercial Dr (at East Vancouver), Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V5L 3X1

Fully organic, gluten-free and vegan cafe and grocery. Serves wholefood meals and sweets. Menu offers soups, grain bowls, salads, raw food, fresh juices and smoothies, cakes and cookies. Hosts workshops and events for the community. Under current ownership since 2010. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-8:00pm. Hours vary on holidays.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Canadian

First Review by abrigham

Mediocre food and service - Edit

While I love that Eternal Abundance is completely vegan, I find the food to be a bit lacking (i.e. I could make better food myself at home). However, I do visit occasionally to shop in the store or meet friends.
Recently they changed their menu to add some waffles. A group of five of us went at 11:00 on a Sunday morning, when you would expect them to be prepared for the brunch crowd, but they were out of waffles. Not about to prepare more either, just out. I find the lack of effort to be quite disappointing, considering there was no one else really there yet and they had just attracted us in by advertising the new menu.
I would recommend going here a hot drink or a raw dessert, or groceries, but for brunch I would suggest going elsewhere.

Pros: completely vegan

Cons: poor service, long wait times

Fantastic shop! - Edit

The Eternal Abundance Market is part of the restaurant and sells only organic produce and spices. When in season, the veggies and fruit are local, but otherwise imported.
They sell spices in glass jars that are truly fantastic. The flavours are much better than the spices you might buy at the supermarket. Super friendly people, and there is a once a month 15% customer appreciation day. When in the are or when I eat there, I always shop at this gem.

Pros: All organic and vegan, Amazing spices, Support small markets

Fresh and organic - Edit

Eternal Abundance is a cafe that serves a mix of cooked and raw food, and it is organic. They also have a shop that sells organic fruit and veg and spices in glass jars. They had some I had never seen before so it was exciting to shop there too!

I loved my meal at Eternal Abundance too. I cannot believe I had not been there yet! I ordered the super salad with sesame and turmeric sauce and it was outstanding. It came with rice and a scoop of sprouted hummus. My husband had the tofu scramble that I did not taste but the potatoes were delicious. We also shared 2 waffles (they were small) that were made of quinoa and oat flour. I also got a juice that was made to order, which is great as it is not often the case in restaurants.

The meal came promptly (although it was still quite early so maybe that is why) the service was good. I am already thinking about going back and what I will try next time.

Prices for organic food were also quite reasonable.

Going back soon...Highly recommend the food and the shop!

Pros: Organic, 100% vegan, Mostly gluten free

Cons: Not a lot of sitting area

Yummy - Edit

My favourite place for raw food in Vancouver! The mushroom and macadamia burger is delicious, and their desserts are wonderful, particularly the ice cream sandwich. I highly recommend this place for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

Pros: Great desserts, Good if you are new to raw, Fair prices

Great little shop with amazing meals - Edit

Love their vegan ice-cream sandwich, raw burger, hot chocolate. Sampler is a good way to try a lot of things if you are hungry. Veggie is nice there too, everything is vegan and organic so you don't have to keep checking. Love it there

Pros: Vegan & Organic, Service, Tasty

Cons: Expensive

Scrumptious! - Edit

A great little cafe with AMAZING food! Mostly raw and packed with flavour. This place is a real deal vegan gem. Everything is yummy and worth every penny. I always feel so good when I eat here. The staff are very nice and their market is a bonus as well. Definitely try this place. The atmosphere is laid back and comfy.

Pros: beautiful food, easy going , organic hard to find ingredients

Cons: none

Nicely Presented - Edit

A great location tucked away in town. The team does great portions and creates a laid back environment to enjoy the healthy food. I recommend this and if time allows, I would like to sample more.

Pros: Great Location, Massive Servings, Great Food

Decent Food / Wonderful Looking Desserts! - Edit

I stopped by this small veg store/cafe for lunch. I was very hungry, and although I was able to see their amazing looking desserts in prominently displayed glass cases, their main courses are made fresh to order.

I ordered the nori roll with mango and pumpkin seed pate, fresh mango, carrot, pepper, cucumber and sprouts and the Grain Bowl consisting of Steamed vegetables (carrot, yam, sweet potato, broccoli, zucchini, cabbage, kale) arranged on a bed of quinoa or brown rice, served with miso mushroom sauce and garnished with sesame.

The nori roll was tasty and satisfying. The predominate flavor being the soy sauce, and a satisfying crunch from both the vegetables and the nori sheet.

I felt the grain bowl was very average. The vegetables were fresh, and it was cooked the proper amount of time, but flavor-wise it was quite bland, and I ended up eating only a small portion of this dish.

This is a nice place to hang out with a laptop (free wifi) while enjoying a lunch, a smoothy, and the chocolates/desserts looked amazing!

Pros: Atmosphere, Free Wifi, Great looking desserts

Great lunch spot! - Edit

Just went there today for lunch. I am a vegetarian (almost vegan now...I'm getting there!) from London, UK. On holiday and relying on Happy Cow for my hunger pains, as usual. Loved this vegan, organic cafe in an interesting part of Vancouver (Commercial Drive). I had the 'Super Salad' and it was one of the best salads I have ever had (and I've had a lot). It was huge, full of kale, beets, carrots, hummus, avocado, brown rice (quinoa was also an option), sprouts with a delicious miso ginger dressing - yum yum! And a delicious freshly squeezed juice too. If I lived here, I'd eat here all the time. Sat outside in the sunshine on my own, but cosy sofas etc inside too. Helpful and friendly staff as well. Recommended!
Updated from previous review on Friday August 08, 2014

Simply Amazing! - Edit

This is an excellent cafe & produce market that offers amazing vegan raw food and smoothies. The staff is super awesome and very friendly. One of my favourite Vancouver places to chill and eat amazing food. If you on the drive definitely check it out. I promise you won't be disappointed!

It's all good - Edit

I've tried almost everything from the raw menu now and love it all! My favorite might be the Zughetti. The crackers and dip are also pretty fantastic. Don't forget to try the raw apple crumble!

I honestly believe whether you eat raw or not you'll love it too. My mom was hesitant to try it and ended up really liking it.

Pros: beautiful presentation, delicious, friendly staff

Hit or Miss... - Edit

I liked this resto but not all the meals were fantastic. I had the green soup of the day which was pretty lackluster but cooked and warm. I didn't know the small soup was going to be so big because otherwise I wouldn't have also ordered the mushroom burger. The burger was nice, not the best I've had, but the toppings were abundant and tasty. I liked the sauce. The raw bun was not that flavourful. I sampled my friends' dishes: the cooked mushroom quinoa bowl was pretty lackluster but still filled with veggies. The spicy mexican wrap was not up my alley, either, although I usually don't like nut pates. The raw cheesecake was really good though. I also liked that they had a mini grocery store with lots of fresh, organic produce for reasonable prices.

Ditto on the Kale Caesar - Edit

Kim Ward sold me on the Kale salad. Sometimes when a place just focuses on a few things they achieve a certain level of excellence. The kale salad is only about 1/2 kale, the other half is Romaine, which is just a perfect balance. The dressing is also quite good. The salad was topped with probably torula yeast and some raw sunflower seeds. That and a couple refills of Kangen water and I was set for the rest of the day. This is one of those places too, where you can just tell the folks running it are passionate about what thyey do. In that regard it almost reminded me of Gorilla Food from a couple months ago.

Pros: Kale Salad, Made to order, Nice folks

Cons: so-so parking, limited menu

Rooted Cafe - Edit

Wonderful, smiling, friendly, courteous staff. Delicious organic vegan menu. Fresh home made soups and chili. Great raw entrees and dessert options. Yummy smoothies.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Free parking

Cons: Can be a bit slow if they're busy, Sometimes the soup isn't hot

awesome food, great atmosphere, really nice folks - Edit

I've been going to this place for a year or two now for both the cafe and the organic produce market (Eternal Abundance is the market). I love this place so have to write a stellar first review to encourage others to go there.

The cafe is the only one on the Drive serving all organic, all vegan fare. On top of this, the staff are working hard to build a community and are becoming like friends to me. They also host a variety of events, including movie nights with conscious/healthy-living topics, monthly reggae nights, guest speakers, etc.

The cafe has a wide assortment of dishes, all of which are wholefoods, most are wheat-free, and some are raw! There are at least two soups, hearty chili, cornbread, a grain bowl with steamed veggies, and buckwheat pancakes. The raw menu includes a fabulous veggie burger, spicy Mexican wrap, falafel, nori rolls, zughetti, an awesome kale caesar salad, chocolate truffles, crackers, carrot cake...it keeps growing! There are also cookies, crumbles, pies, etc., as well as smoothies and fresh juice.

This place is the Drive's best kept organic vegan secret!

Pros: organic, friendly, top-quality

Cons: not many people know about it!

Rawkin' Review - Edit

My raw world opened up! I went to Eternal Abundance, an organic grocer with The Truffle Cafe at the back, featuring some wonderful raw dishes. I'd heard of it, but this was my first experience there. Not only was the produce excellent and far, far cheaper than where I've been shopping, but...

...their zucghetti was the most delicious thing I've ever eaten!

Pros: excellent produce, most excellent prices, delicious raw foods

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Eternal Abundance Organic Market & Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 11281 times since Aug 2007.