Erewhon Market

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 323-937-0777

7660 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, California, USA, 90036

The flagship location of this independent natural food market, established since the 1960s. Features a deli, hot foods and salad bar, juice bar, plus has an extensive selection of health and natural care products, vitamins, supplements, packaged foods, snacks, fresh fruits and vegetables including organic, bulk staples, refrigerated foods, and more. An herbal teas and tonics bar inside with booth seating as well as sidewalk tables for eating. Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm

First Review by VeggiePinkoKat

Awesome store - Edit

Didn't think I'd ever say this but Whole Foods pales compared to Erewhon. The selection of ready-to-go items at both the deli and the cooler was amazing and honestly a bit overwhelming for us first timers... in a great way! Everything looked so good; they even had an entire raw food section with all kinds of wraps, pizzas, pies, desserts, etc. They also seemed to carry a lot more smaller, local, independent brands, which was great for people like myself who are always on the hunt for new things to try out. The store was tidy and well-organized; the atmosphere was uplifting. A fantastic shopping experience overall!

Pros: impressive vegan/raw selection

Great Store & Food Bar - Edit

Long ago I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Erewhon Natural Foods Market review.

Erewon is the ultimate independent health food market in the Mid/West Los Angeles area. The selections are complete and extensive.

Just the other day, I was blown away with then new inventory of raw foods products (2 isles full). The salad bar and hot foods bar offers a good range as well.

A totally enjoyable shopping experience. I just wish I lived closer to it so I can support it more often.

Pros: large selections, nice atompshere, good salad bar

Erewhon - Edit

I've been to Los Angeles several times in my life and have driven by Erewhon many times not knowing that they are a natural food store with a plethora of vegan items. So I stopped by to get my usual snacks during my trip and scoped out the entire store. After checking things out I had left really wishing we had one of these in Chicago. I'm a loyal Whole Foods shopper, however, Erewhon carries things WFM doesn't. The selection was just different and I was intrigued by many of their deli (store packed) items (such as their vegan mac and cheese). I did happen to notice that their produce was kind of bad, for instance some of the oranges were rotting, so I skipped getting my usual oranges. Despite the produce issue, if an Erewhon was in Chicago I'd be shopping there and at WFM for the different selections.

Great little store - Edit

Erewhon is a great store although it is a little pricey. It definitely carries items you can't get elsewhere which is why I shop here. I used to live much closer, so now I have to stock up if I come. Speaking of stocking up, I love the bulk section. It actually has stuff vegans use, like nutritional yeast, broth mix and sucanat. It's also unlike Whole Foods as you don't have to smell and see the awful butcher area while shopping here (although they do carry some meat). If you think you have to order something online, check here first. They probably have it! It's really oriented towards vegetarians/vegans/raw, not mainstream shoppers who buy organic meat and farmed fish.

Pros: carries a ton of vegan stuff, bulk section, easy parking

Cons: has some meat

Long Time Love! - Edit

I have loved this place since high school. Some things you can find for less at other stores, but it has some really hard to find items that I've only been able to find online. The bulk area is great and there are many ingredients for all my fellow Raw Chefs! Hit up the juice bar first so you can sip n' shop!

Pros: Great Selection, Lot's of rare/hard to find items, Helpful/Frinedly Staff

Cons: A bit of a drive in high traffic area, Needs More RAW Deli Options

I wish Whole Foods could be this cool - Edit

Erewhon is great. I saw Minnie Driver there once. Its right next to the Grove (neat outdoor mall) Parking is awesome, no hassles. They carry the Vegan kitchen in the deli in bulk, but its not labeled. They've got a great assortment of vegan cookies.

Pros: parking, vegan friendly

My favorite local health food store - Edit

They have easy parking and a wonderful selection of seasonal organic produce. There's also a great selection of raw food products. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Erewhon has a relaxed neighborhood atmosphere that makes it a pleasure to shop at.

Pros: parking, staff, raw foods

Baddest A$$ Market ! - Edit

After going veg 3 years ago this was the first market i went to to stock up on veg foods, GREAT selection of unique items and wayyyy friendly staff. Dreadlocked lovely helped me understand how to read labels as a new vegan. what a sweetie. nice selection of produce! they also do a fun veg fair out on the sidewalk periodically, get samples and taste tests!

Pros: wonderful variety, friendly staff

Cons: long lines/slow checkers, small parking spaces

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Erewhon Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1947 times since Aug 2007.