CLOSED: Enzo's East Coast Eatery

• Veg-friendly

Contact 805-547-1207

733 Higuera St (at Broad St, downtown), San Luis Obispo, California, USA, 93401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza restaurant with a primarily meat menu but does include a marked vegan section with a vegan caesar salad plus several vegan pizzas using Daiya vegan cheese and has vegan pepperoni. Vegan pizza is only available by the whole pie. Reported closed to HappyCow, Aug 2014.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by irlandaise

Silver Lining - Edit

Yes, the place is mainly meat. But the vegan effort is genuine and the pizzas I have had there were delicious, very well made. I think we should support every effort. Pizzas can be delivered or taken out and eaten away from the meat dishes, of course. And unless the small city of San Luis Obispo turns vegan I'm not expecting vegan slices ready to eat. Let's be real.

Pros: vegan options, nicely cooked, friendly

Cons: lots of meat

I couldn't stay... - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow and decided to stop in on my way from San Francisco to Los Angeles 2 weeks ago. Here's my Enzo's East Coast Eatery review.

I see why this place is listed on HappyCow; on the menu is a labeled section title "Vegan Menu" with approx. 4 pizzas and 1 salad. However, be warned that it is a meat-centric place.

The setting is a bit sterile inside. You can see a variety of ready made pizzas that you can order by the slice. I asked if I could get a vegan slice, but the waitress said that I had to order a whole pie if requesting vegan (Daiya cheese). I didn't want to wait long or get that much food.

I was totally turned off by the glass case display of large slabs of deli meats and couldn't stand to stay inside very long. There is outdoor seating, so if you are craving vegan cheese pizza, you can sit outside.

Pros: has vegan cheese

Cons: lots of meat

Couldn't do it... - Edit

My husband and I went in to Enzo's with every intention of getting a vegan pizza and enjoying our meal, but the place is filled with MEAT. Not just on the menu, but visibly out and all around you! Sausage, salami, ham, relic meats... The worst part was that while we were waiting in line the staff kept coming and going from the kitchen and as the door swung open you could see huge strips of cows RIBS piled up in the kitchen! Needless to say we just couldn't eat there. We left and went to Natural Cafe...

Cons: Meat EVERYWHERE

Return to San Luis Obispo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Enzo's East Coast Eatery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1384 times since Apr 2011.