Kreuzberg

Contact 805-439-2060

685 Higuera St (at downtown), San Luis Obispo, California, USA, 93401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee house with a food menu, while primarily meat, also includes a few vegan food items: 1 sandwich, 1 salad, 1 entree. Soups are vegetarian and often vegan. Try the Milan Kundera which is a sandwich consisting of crispy tofu, sweet chili glaze, slaw, micro-greens & sunflower seeds on ciabatta bread. Verve brand coffee. Large interior, informal seating, order at the counter. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Chia

coffee shop with vegan soup every day! - Edit

there is a vegan and gluten free soup every day. The gf bread that comes with was not vegan, so watch out! they told me the ciabatta was vegan so gave me that instead. I think they might have put butter on it (don't know it was earth balance or whatever) so just double check.

their coffee is really great! and I think i saw they had vegan mac n cheese on their "lounge menu" but I haven't checked it out.

Pros: always vegan soup, great coffee

Cons: not many other options

also not impressed - Edit

Found this on Happy Cow and checked it out while camping in Montana de Oro for the weekend. There were some vegan options on the menu, mostly not. The food is way over priced for the quality and the staff lacked warmth or sincerity. In fact, the whole place sort of lacked sincerity. My husband and I were excited to check it out and after trying it twice over the weekend we left really unsatisfied with the service, prices and food.

Good luck to you!

Pros: eclectic interior , some vegan options

Cons: over priced, cold staff, lacks quality

Not impressed - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow and decided to stop in on my way from San Francisco to Los Angeles several weeks ago. Here's my Kreuzberg review.

It's definitely more of a coffee house than a restaurant, though on the wall outside, you can see a food menu displayed. I read it and saw lots of chicken and meat and was hesitant to go it... but then I found a few vegan items.

The coffee of the day was from Ethiopia, and I decided to get it. Comes in pour over, single drip, or french press. I got the pour over and it cost $3.75, and unfortunately it was neither hot nor tasty. Sigh.

The interior has a bit of a grunge feel. The other customers I saw were young people, a few hipsters.

Return to San Luis Obispo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kreuzberg closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.