Linnaea's Cafe

Contact 805-541-5888

1110 Garden St (at Higuera St, downtown), San Luis Obispo, California, USA, 93401

Coffee shop offering primarily drinks and baked desserts and is frequented by students. Has food during the daytime but runs out by afternoon. Always several vegan baked goods (cookie, scone, muffin) which are baked in its office facility. Soymilk and rice milk available for coffee drinks at extra charge. Coffee is organic. Free Wi-Fi. Live music and events some nights. Artworks diplayed on walls. The garden patio in the back features a water fountain and ample seating. Open Mon-Sat 6:30am-11:00pm, Sun 6:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by hespedal

Coffee Shop with vegan offerings - Edit

Linnaea's is a popular coffee shop with a lot of students working and studying. The place is open until late, so We were hoping for dinner, but there was little left from lunch. We managed a wrap and salad. There are several vegan desserts, the ones we tried were quite good.

Pros: lively

Cons: not set up for dinner

Vegan Chocolate Cake!!! - Edit

My wife and I frequent Linnea's somewhat regularly. We love the vegan sweets they have. The best is the chocolate cake. Every time we have gotten it it is moist and very tasty. I must say that some of the other treats have been hit and miss. Generally the gluten free items tend to be too dry. I had a gluten free carrot cake where the frosting was awesome, but the cake was so dry it crumbled into powder. They do make them in house so that may not be the case always, but each time we have tried the gluten free deserts they have not been to our liking. So we stick with what is great and that is vegan chocolate cake!

Pros: NIce garden seating, Great coffees and teas., Vegan items

Cons: Gluten sweets are too dry

Vegan Baked Goods with Coffee - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow and decided to stop in on my way through San Luis Obispo on two occassions. Was just here in June 2014 and here's Linnaea's Cafe my review update.

It's a narrow coffee house that offers also an assortment of baked goods (with eggs, with dairy, or vegan). On the both trips I was here I saw lots of young people hanging out and either chatting with friends or reading or engaged on their computers.

All in all we've tasted a few varieties of their vegan baked goods (berry scone, blueberry muffin with oats, and another kind of muffin). The coffee is all right, pipin' hot. They charged me extra for soymilk in cappucino last time, which irked me. The second time around I got my coffee black.

The back garden is peaceful and relaxing.

Pros: vegan baked goods, garden seating, downtown location

Lovely little place with amazing ambiance ! - Edit

I love this little gem of a cafe! I get a special treat from there once a week because they always have great vegan cupcakes or some sort of goodie. The service is a bit slow but I just dont go there to get a drink if I'm in a rush :) The staff is very friendly and most of them have worked there a long time, seems like they have a nice little Linnaes family

Pros: Tea Selection Is wonderful, Vegan!, Breakfast made to order!

Cons: Bit slow service at times

Return to San Luis Obispo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Linnaea's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2947 times since Oct 2007.