CLOSED: Elevation Burger

Contact 301-933-0333

11160 Veirs Mill Rd, Wheaton, Maryland, USA,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Franchise burger place with a vegan veggie burger patty. REPORTED THIS OUTLET SHUT IN LATE 2015. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 11:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by lizzdelicious

Warning! - Edit

While you are able to order vegetarian and vegan options from Elevation Burger the vegan options ARE MISLABELED. On the menu you will see VEGGIE BURGER #2 (VEGAN) but when ordered from the menu it is served on a non-vegan bun. The company is fully aware of the fact that the bun is NOT VEGAN but they continue to serve it that way. The employees know that it isn't vegan, too, and they do not offer that information to customers when they order the "vegan burger." They'll talk about it to each other after you've ordered and eaten one (this happened to me) but they won't let you know it when you place your order. However, you CAN order it as a lettuce wrap (woo, exciting) and that's really HOW THE VEGAN BURGER should come when you ask for it. I have tried contacting the company about their false advertising to no avail so I'm on a mission to inform unsuspecting vegans from making the same mistake I did.

That being said, the fries are cooked in olive oil. They're greasy and delicious. The veggie patties are cooked separately from the meat ones. Also very greasy and pretty tasty. They offer traditional sodas from mega corps but also have iced tea for everyone else.

Pros: Vegan and vegetarian options

Cons: Vegan options mislabeled

Vegetarian

Contributions +109

burgers and fries for veggies and omnis - Edit

This is a traditional burger and fries place with a difference: options of quality ingredients. You can get a veggie burger and even a vegan veggie burger, and with enough choices of toppings that you can make it different every time. I found the bun unimpressive, but otherwise, this is as good as any veggie burger I've had.

They also offer meat burgers, but they advertise that their meat is all free-range and organic, so even your refuse-to-try-veg friends will reduce the suffering of the animals they eat.

Interestingly, they also have a menu item called "the Half the Guilt Burger" with two patties: a veggie patty and a beef one. I have no idea whether this sells, but if there's a market for that, there you go.

The french fries are good and greasy. They advertise that they're fried in olive oil, so I guess they're healthier than other places' greasy fries, and I assume vegan, but I did not investigate that.

Complaints:

My only complaint is that they don't do more. I wish they would offer a vegan milk shake (smoothies and fries?) and maybe offer some vegan cheese for the burgers and vegan versions of other toppings like mayo. I also wish the list of toppings told us which ones were vegan.

Otherwise, I can't complain. They do offer soda (and free refills, so if dining in, buy the smaller size cup to save money and drink all you want). A decent meal for a decent price, in a place where vegans and their refuse-to-try-vegan buddies can eat together without anyone feeling too left out.

Pros: Good veggie burger, delicious fries, cheap eats

Cons: small portions, menu does little to ID vegan options

Has CLOSED: Elevation Burger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 818 times since Aug 2012.