First Review by Dofer

Great value - Edit

In this little cute bakery you can get a portion of a tasty vegan cake for just 450 HUF... and that's a bargain.

I tried two cakes, the caramel one and the Chocolate something :) Both were very good!

Absolutely a must if you are in Budapest.

Pros: Vegan, Price, Lovely staff

so many options! - Edit

We visited this place twice (would love to have gone there more often) during our recent stay in Budapest. There were so many different options and the cakes we tried were all very nice. The guy was really helpful especially as we could not speak a word if Hungarian. It was also very cheap.

Cozy vegan bakery with seating upstairs! - Edit

This place is super cute and there were at least 15 different cakes when we went. We tried the marzipan, caramel, strawberry and walnut cakes and some of the carob chocolates. The caramel cake was my favorite, the walnut one we didn't care for, but I loved the carob chocolates and the cute little carob chocolate bars on top of the cakes. It looks like they also have ice cream, but not on the day we went (it was rainy). I like that there is seating upstairs and the location is good, down the road there's also a little bio shop. Very affordable, 300-300 Ft per slice of cake.

Blog post about Budapest veg scene with pics here: http://vegannomnoms.net/2013/09/vegan-budapest.html

Pros: lots of options, nice seating upstairs, very affordable

A lovely place - Edit

Imagine a whole vegan bakery, with at least ten different cakes each day. Cakes like Marzipan cake, or caramel, or banana, or coconut, or French cream. Imagine that the cakes are not only beautiful (and they are beautiful!), but also delicious. If you imagine it well, you will be able to imagine this great place.

Not all the cakes were great. Some were disappointing, but most of the cakes were good, and some of them excellent (especially the marzipan). More important, the mere possibility to choose between so many vegan cakes made me happy. The price is cheap, about 2 Euro for a piece of cake. The owners are nice and speak enough English to easily communicate, and it's easy to get there from metro station Nyugati pályaudvar.

Did I mention they also have ice cream? Really, really good ice cream.

Budapest is a great city, and one of the reasons I want to go back there, is in order to visit this place again and again.

Pros: Variety of cakes, Taste of the cakes, Price and staff

Return to Budapest Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Edes Elet Cukraszda closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3192 times since Apr 2014.