Ecru

Contact 0668804282

Via Acciaioli 9, Rome, Italy, 00186

Est. 2015 serving vegan and raw food with noodles, sushi, carpaccio, and vegan cheese plus extracts, smoothies, nut milk, wheat grass juice, desserts, and wine produced by small Italian companies. Open Mon-Wed 10:00am-6:00pm, Thu-Sun 10:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Italian, Organic, Raw, Buffet, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by anne1

Decent Vegan Food - Edit

Decent food close to the Vatican, and it's all vegan. Lots of raw items so the food is a little different than most restaurants. A little on the pricey side as well.

Pros: Vegan, Healthy, Friendly staff

Cons: Pricey

Fantastic place! - Edit

I rarely review the restaurants that I really like, but Écru is worth the effort. First I need to say that the staff (probably the owners and also a waiter) are lovely! They were really solicitous and made sure that I had a great time in the restaurant. They even made a half portion of "cheeses" for me, since I wanted to try it, but the cheese selection was too large for one person. The cheese were AWESOME. I love raw vegan cheese and I'm always trying new ones whenever I find it and I'm glad the ones served at Écru are so good. I also had a vegan burger, a beige smoothie and a tiramisu. Everything was delicious! I find that, with raw food, it's usually hit or miss - and I had not so great experiences with raw food in the past - but Écru is definitely great! The place is really nice and welcoming, I could have stayed there for the whole afternoon, if I was not a busy tourist in Rome. The price is fair: I had an appetizer, a burger, a smoothie and dessert and it cost me 26 euros. Not super cheap, but it was worth the money.

Delicious food, fantastic service! - Edit

I was very well looked after on my visit to Ecru; Veronica, Katia and their staff met my every need almost instantaneously.
I surprised myself by devouring a tasting plate of vegan cheeses, as well as a delicious zucchini pasta with basil and pistachio pesto. At the time of writing I am considering a sweet treat to finish up!
My only lament is that i am not staying in Rome to try more of the menu.
Don't worry if you don't think of yourself as a raw foodie (I'm not), you'll love it!
I definitely recommend you pay Ecru a visit.

Pros: Great service, Extensive and imaginative vegan menu

Cons: The location has some traffic noise - hard to esca

lovely - Edit

We had brunch in this quaint little place on the way to the Vatican. It was a nice vibe and the food looked high quality, but a little expensive for what it is. More of a bistro style place than a casual cafe.

Vegetables in Rome - Edit

If you are having trouble eating enough vegetables in Rome, this is the place to try. Lots of salads that are not just romaine lettuce with some shredded carrots and soups full of vegetables. The food was good.
The interior is nice, but the seating is not something where you would want to linger for a couple hours on a meal - more attractive then comfortable.

Pros: Fast service, Vegan desserts

Cons: Seating is a bit uncomfortable

delicious smoothies and burgers - Edit

Delicious and healthy food but it is a little on the pricey side, that is the only reason I'm giving it four stars. I would recommend the mustard burger it was delicious and the avocado, almond milk, cacao smoothie with ice was to die for. Also the place is super chic and the owners were very nice.

Heaven place - Edit

I have never been to such a lovely place with amazing RAW food like they serve here before. We got really delicious coffee, AMAZING almond granita, fresh bloody orange juice with mint and a raw orange cheesecake. Staff was very nice and friendly. If i went to Rome someday, i would deffinitelly visit this place again.

Pros: Everything is vegan, Tidy, Friendly

Not worth the price - Edit

The food had a nice taste and it looked really healthy and natural, but its not worth the expensive price.

The attention of the waitress was poor.

Pros: natural, healthy, taste

Cons: price, attention

Delicious Raw Food Near Vatican City - Edit

I came to Ecru, guided by my HappyCow phone app which somehow stayed online even without 3G. They were open for dinner on a Sunday night, which I appreciated. I had a "tiramasu" smoothie, a mixed appetizer plate, a vegan burger on raw bread, and a popsicle for dessert, which came to 34 Euro. Not cheap, but I was grateful for the high quality and accessibility that Ecru provided. The decor is modern chic and would be a great vegan date.

Pros: Full menu, many options, great location, open on Sunday

Cons: understandably a little pricey.

Perfection - Edit

We came here twice and quite honestly I would have happily eaten only here. The first time I had the vegan sushi rolls with grated carrot salad. The flavours and seasoning were lovely. I also had the hazelnut chicory cappuccino, which was so good I had it again on my second visit. The second visit I had the raw vegan burger with vegan bread which was wonderfully mustardy. The raw bread was a revelation, I hope to find a recipe. It was so good. If I was to dream up my perfect restaurant / café , it would be this place.

Pros: Everything is vegan, Everything tastes fresh and incredible , There is a wonderful range of main dishes, pudding

Cons: I am not there now :(

Good food but small portions - Edit

We really liked the food and it was good to have a break from pasta/pizza. The place was nicely decorated with a fairly extensive menu all of which was Vegan. I had the Sushi which I'd recommend. My girlfriend had the green gazpacho and a sandwich which she enjoyed but left feeling not quite full. Staff very friendly and English understood. Definitely worth a visit but be prepared to spend quite a lot.

Pros: Good food , Lots of options , Nice break from Italian cuisine

Cons: Expensive

Such a wonderful suprise - Edit

Ecru was the first place we visited after a night in the train and it was such a wonderful way to start our holiday! Both the Prosecco and the ginger lemonade were excellent and so refreshing, we had lots of bits and pieces from the menu, such as humus, tapenade and another pate on hand-made crackers (we ordered an additional portion of crackers, as they were delicious), vegan sushi, a "sandwich" with mango and vegetables, zucchini and carrots spaghetti with asparagus pesto, tiramisu and another fruity, creamy dessert ... everything was so good, we could not believe it was raw! The food is fresh, delicious and prepared with love, even the coffee at the end was excellent. It is not cheap, but it's well worth the money and I would definitely recommend it!

Pros: Excellent, fresh, delicious food

Cons: It's small, not for a large party

Small portion - Edit

Very nice place, but quite expensive. Taste very good, I took raw sandwiche (even the bread) it was very delightfull. But I was a bit hungry when living because of the small portion it was the price indeed wasn't so small.

Pros: Nice place, Cooked in front of you, English speaking

Cons: Bad quantity / price ratio

What a lucky find! - Edit

My daughter and I were leaving the Vatican tour, out the back bus entrance, and stumbled on Ecru - totally unexpected. The atmosphere was cozy, the menu was very complete, and the food was outstanding.

I don't recommend this next part but we stayed well past closing time (didn't actually see the hours posted on the door, since the door was propped open). The owner was so kind and accommodating even though we were there nearly an hour after official "close!"

Hummus/falafel dish was ouststanding, the cheese plate was full of incredible flavors, and the desserts (Sacher Torte and Brownie) were fantastic. Hope to visit again!

Pros: Neat cafe with many options, 100% plant-based foods, so you don't even have to , Wine selection!!

best vegan experience - Edit

I had the asparagus noddles, very filling. My boyfriend had a yummy homemade hummus. Dessert was heaven. Vegan tiramisu!!!Everything is fresh, organic, raw and handcrafted. They speak English. Great experience. Would recommend this place 100%

Absolutly delicious and Raw ! - Edit

It was delicious and I know I will become a regular, the portions are small so be prepared to order a few dishes!

Pros: raw , healthy, delicious

Cons: small portions

Beautiful food in a peaceful atmosphere. - Edit

We ate here twice on a recent visit to Rome: once for dinner and once for lunch.
We had dinner on a Saturday night and the restaurant was pretty much full (it has about seven tables). We had amazing sushi, pumpkin noodles and pea hoummous with sprouts and other salad. The food was delicious, clean and surprisingly filling! We did find room to share a small and very tasty dessert. We drank an amazing Italian organic red wine.
For lunch we had their incredible spinach and avocado soup (served warm) and the noodles again with rocket pesto.
The food here is all vegan.
The staff are really helpful: some do speak English but they will also tolerate attempts at Italian.
Ecru is within walking distance from the Vatican and Castel Sant'Angelo. There are bus stops nearby.

Pros: All vegan, Great wine and beer list, Lovely staff

Cons: Only open for dinner on Friday & Sat

Return to Rome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ecru closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4970 times since Dec 2015.