Ecru

Contact 0668804282

Via Acciaioli 9, Rome, Italy, 00186

Est. 2015 serving vegan and raw food with noodles, sushi, carpaccio, and vegan cheese plus extracts, smoothies, nut milk, wheat grass juice, desserts, and wine produced by small Italian companies. Open Mon-Wed 10:00am-6:00pm, Thu-Sun 10:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Italian, Organic, Raw, Buffet, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by anne1

Good stuff - Edit

Pretty much exactly what you expect from a raw vegan restaurant (and that's a good thing). Good atmosphere and tasty, healthy food. A little on the expensive side for us as we are backpacking with a tight budget. We had a salad and a sandwich/burger. Both were good. Everything in the case looked great too, but we couldn't afford it.

Marvellous raw food and friendly staff - Edit

This is oe of the 3 best raw food restaurants I have visited; the other two are RawFamily in St Petersburg and another in Madrid.
I had sushi, raw crackers with cashew tzatsiki, kefir and rum bomb - it was so good that I bought more food to eat in the hotel for breakfast - and I will go back for lunch.
It is very nicely located near Vatican. Do not miss this place!

Delicious raw food - Edit

I got lost as a tourist but it is actually easy to get there by just walking or even bus.
They have a large menu and everything is raw. They have drinks, soups, desserts, snacks, entrees, everything!!.
It was my first raw vegan restaurant and I enjoyed it completely and totally recommend it!,
Service is great, the place is not so big though but it's really nice with a calm nice environment.
The sushi is amazing!!
I don't know what is considered cheap for italians but I always order a lot when I visit a restaurant so my bill definitely wasn't the cheapeast. But you get good quality and carefully prepared food so it's good for the price.
They also sell some raw vegan products, even celery salt!!

Pros: Delicious Raw food, Nice service, They sell raw vegan products!!

Decent Vegan Food - Edit

Decent food close to the Vatican, and it's all vegan. Lots of raw items so the food is a little different than most restaurants. A little on the pricey side as well.

Pros: Vegan, Healthy, Friendly staff

Cons: Pricey

Fantastic place! - Edit

I rarely review the restaurants that I really like, but Écru is worth the effort. First I need to say that the staff (probably the owners and also a waiter) are lovely! They were really solicitous and made sure that I had a great time in the restaurant. They even made a half portion of "cheeses" for me, since I wanted to try it, but the cheese selection was too large for one person. The cheese were AWESOME. I love raw vegan cheese and I'm always trying new ones whenever I find it and I'm glad the ones served at Écru are so good. I also had a vegan burger, a beige smoothie and a tiramisu. Everything was delicious! I find that, with raw food, it's usually hit or miss - and I had not so great experiences with raw food in the past - but Écru is definitely great! The place is really nice and welcoming, I could have stayed there for the whole afternoon, if I was not a busy tourist in Rome. The price is fair: I had an appetizer, a burger, a smoothie and dessert and it cost me 26 euros. Not super cheap, but it was worth the money.

Delicious food, fantastic service! - Edit

I was very well looked after on my visit to Ecru; Veronica, Katia and their staff met my every need almost instantaneously.
I surprised myself by devouring a tasting plate of vegan cheeses, as well as a delicious zucchini pasta with basil and pistachio pesto. At the time of writing I am considering a sweet treat to finish up!
My only lament is that i am not staying in Rome to try more of the menu.
Don't worry if you don't think of yourself as a raw foodie (I'm not), you'll love it!
I definitely recommend you pay Ecru a visit.

Pros: Great service, Extensive and imaginative vegan menu

Cons: The location has some traffic noise - hard to esca

lovely - Edit

We had brunch in this quaint little place on the way to the Vatican. It was a nice vibe and the food looked high quality, but a little expensive for what it is. More of a bistro style place than a casual cafe.

Vegetables in Rome - Edit

If you are having trouble eating enough vegetables in Rome, this is the place to try. Lots of salads that are not just romaine lettuce with some shredded carrots and soups full of vegetables. The food was good.
The interior is nice, but the seating is not something where you would want to linger for a couple hours on a meal - more attractive then comfortable.

Pros: Fast service, Vegan desserts

Cons: Seating is a bit uncomfortable

delicious smoothies and burgers - Edit

Delicious and healthy food but it is a little on the pricey side, that is the only reason I'm giving it four stars. I would recommend the mustard burger it was delicious and the avocado, almond milk, cacao smoothie with ice was to die for. Also the place is super chic and the owners were very nice.

Heaven place - Edit

I have never been to such a lovely place with amazing RAW food like they serve here before. We got really delicious coffee, AMAZING almond granita, fresh bloody orange juice with mint and a raw orange cheesecake. Staff was very nice and friendly. If i went to Rome someday, i would deffinitelly visit this place again.

Pros: Everything is vegan, Tidy, Friendly

Not worth the price - Edit

The food had a nice taste and it looked really healthy and natural, but its not worth the expensive price.

The attention of the waitress was poor.

Pros: natural, healthy, taste

Cons: price, attention

Delicious Raw Food Near Vatican City - Edit

I came to Ecru, guided by my HappyCow phone app which somehow stayed online even without 3G. They were open for dinner on a Sunday night, which I appreciated. I had a "tiramasu" smoothie, a mixed appetizer plate, a vegan burger on raw bread, and a popsicle for dessert, which came to 34 Euro. Not cheap, but I was grateful for the high quality and accessibility that Ecru provided. The decor is modern chic and would be a great vegan date.

Pros: Full menu, many options, great location, open on Sunday

Cons: understandably a little pricey.

Return to Rome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ecru closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.