Darbster - West Palm Beach

• Friend
561-586-2622

8020 S Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach, Florida, USA, 33405

Vegan restaurant with a bistro feel, located on the waterway. Serves an electric mix of innovative vegan dishes such as palm cakes along with favorites like enchiladas, mac n cheese, salads, and raw food. Brunch offered on Saturday and Sunday. Dog friendly. Also has a location in Boca Raton. Open Tue-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:30am-3:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, Fusion

First Review by ellen and alan

yummy!!! - Edit

Too much greatness to choose from. We had the benedict tofu, tarragon chicken salad wrap and the chocolate ganache cake :) was very good!

love love love - Edit

I've been to Darbster only once, as I live about an hour south from it. It was great. We had brunch and it was above delicious. Lots of variety to choose from. Super friendly and knowledgeable staff, even the tea tasted divine. Very nice atmosphere in the restaurant. I will definitely visit again, when in the area.

Pros: great food, wonderful and inviting ambiance , very friendly staff

Cons: a bit pricey, very small parking

Top restaurants ever - Edit

Eat here. Bring all your friends. You won't regret it.

Pros: Wide selection on menu, Outdoor seating and live music, Fresh, nourishing ingredients

Lovely spot for dinner - Edit

I really liked this place, and their nut cheeses were simply amazing! Everything I ate and tried there was really good, and I enjoyed their raw food a lot. For desert, I had a raw, cashew-based parfait that was heavenly!
I'd go back any time. It's a little pricey, but with the money going to animal welfare, that's something I can swallow.

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-28

Pros: Beautiful patio, Raw foods

Nice late night spot - Edit

We hopped off the plane from Chicago and went straight to Darbster. It was about 9:00 when we arrived so the place only had a few tables with folks still eating. We ordered The palm cakes, roasted cauliflower and the pear Gorgonzola salad. All were very good! I loved the kick that the palm cakes had. The roasted cauliflower had an Indian spin which both my friend and I love! The salad was great! I had never had vegan Gorgonzola but I can tell you, it's better than the real thing. Not so pungent. We had hummingbird cake for dessert and aside from it being too big to finish it was delicious!! I was glad to hear that the frosting was not a coconut oil base. I'd love to go back while I'm here.

Pros: great ambiance, attentive staff, delicious food

Cons: I can see how parking would be a bear during busy , womens bathroom out of order, a tad expensive

BEST - Edit

I can honestly say that I've been here countless times, and I have never left unhappy. The food could not be better and all profits go to animal welfare. If you're looking for either comfort food of healthier options, look no further. Don't miss their brunch or dinner menus and pay attention to the wonderful weekly specials. One of the best vegan establishments in FL

Pros: A+ service, food is perfect, non-profit

Cons: none

Our New In The Area GO TO... - Edit

Just moving into the area and we were there looking for homes. Found this small hidden gem and couldn't be happier. I eat raw now because I have cancer and fighting it naturally but my two other companions (wife & sister) who eat anything they please were so impressed we made several trips here during our stay. LOVED the food and once we close on our Boynton Beach home next week and get moved it, it will be our regular dine out experience.

Pros: Cusine, Atmostphere, Staff

Cons: Parking, Space

Above average vegan fare - Edit

You gotta love a vegan restaurant that donates all profits to fund animal welfare issues!
Ordered the Caprese as an appetizer and it was very good...probably my favorite dish. The Nachos and the Mac & Cheeze were yummy too. I was expecting the Palm Cakes and the Parmigiana to be better...I was disappointed in those dishes and wouldn't order them again. The faux meat on the Parmigiana was not good at all. All in all, I liked the place and will return if I'm in the area again. I really want to give a 4 star rating, but I felt let down after all the hype I'd hear about this place.

outdoor seating, great slightly upscale vegan food - Edit

restaurant is very open and and breezy, half the seating is outside. pro dog, restaurant even seems to have there own cats lots of great stuff on the menu, but i almost always get the black and blu burger. (cant be beat IMO) also have hot and iced teas , overall , just a cool classy place with great vegan food

Pros: pro dog , great food , outdoor seating

Cons: little parking,but worth finding a spot

DELICIOUS - Edit

Awesome vegan bistro with unbelievable food and drink.

Mediocore vegan food - Edit

I have revised my Darbster review many, many times. Unfortunately the quality of the food varies with who the current chef is at the restaurant. If you're just looking for somewhere vegan, you will like it. If you're used to higher quality vegan food like in other cities, you will likely be disappointed.

Things to love about Darbster- it's 100% vegan and proceeds go to an animal non-profit. You just want to love a place like this. However, the quality of the food has really taken a dive. I can't bring myself to eat there often because I (and my vegan friends have also remarked) can make better vegan food at home. It's convenient to drop in or to bring out of town guests, but I"m often disappointed in the food.

For example, the brunch quiche used to be my favorite breakfast item. Well, it was taken off the regular menu. One time I visited, the quiche was a special so I ordered it, but it was full of overcooked, stringy onions instead of tofu eggs. Also, no tempeh in the quiche (as advertised). The last breakfast burrito I had from there also had very little tempeh.

Coffee is good. Wine and beer options are good. I enjoy their $3 brunch mimosas. Wait staff is usually very friendly. I love their love for animals. Wish the food quality would improve. For now, I visit Christopher's Kitchen for a nice, vegan dinner out.

Pros: Vegan, Dog friendly, Profits donated to animal rescue

Cons: Food is so-so, No AC so it's very HOT this time of year

Excellent vegan restaurant - Edit

I wish they hadn't closed the Boca location which was closer to me, but any time we're up in the WPB area we make sure to go to Darbster. They have a wide variety of foods on their menu and everything is excellent. Everything is vegan and tasty. Their tuna melt is excellent - sandwich is HUGE and I took half of it home. My husband always likes the wings. Mac & Cheez was really creamy and tasty (though noodles were a little soft and overcooked) and I think it would fool a non-vegan. Chocolate ganache cake is rich and chocolatey and also one that you'd never know is vegan.

Place is small. There is indoor and outdoor seating and it's on a small waterway.

When coming from the south the signs are hard to find as it's facing the north. Trust your GPS and do a U-turn if you have to.

Reason to move to West Palm Beach - Edit

Before looking for a second home we looked for Vegan friendly towns. We found this wonderful restaurant and ate there both nights we were in town for our search. The food is very inventive (in a great way). We met a friend there who is not a vegan and he absolutely loved it too. He kept commenting on the flavors and spices.
It is also very dog friendly and serves beer and wine, which some vegan restaurants don't do. We loved loved loved it. Can't wait to go back.
All proceeds of the restaurant are donated to Darbster foundation. So awesome food, Awesome setting and a lot of altruism. I would give them a 10 out of 5.
Updated from previous review on Monday May 23, 2016

Updated from previous review on Monday May 23, 2016

Pros: Interesting food, not standard vegan , good value, great vibe

Very Good - Edit

My husband and I were in from out of town and were lucky enough to eat at several very good vegan restaurants in the area. I liked Darbster. It was not my absolute favorite, but it was very good. I had the Southwest Burrito. I had the Southwest Burrito and my husband had the kale salad and the mashed potatoes. We ended the meal with a raw chocolate mousse. We LOVED the Chocolate Mousse. I do think that is the best chocolate mousse I've had. The burrito was good. My husband really loved his meal.

Pros: Beautiful presentation, Clearly compassionate, Good food

Cons: Not much without yeast and sugar

Darbster - West Palm Beach - Edit

The menu at Darbster is diverse (has good amount of rotating specials), the staff very friendly and knowledgeable, and the atmosphere conducive to a fantastic dining experience. There are many "vegan curious" dishes which makes it great for first-timers, along with wholesome items and an exquisite raw menu. The atmosphere is relaxed with a nice outdoor seating area next to the water; even on busy days it feels relaxed, intimate, friendly. I truly love the vibe here. The parking lot is small so time you visit right or you'll have to find street parking.

Pros: Flavorful Vegan Dishes, Great Vibe, Friendly Staff

Cons: Small Parking Lot

Hard to Find Anything Wrong! - Edit

We LOVE Darbster. To give you an idea of how much, we've (more than once) made the four-or-five-hour trip to eat dinner there, spend the night, then have brunch to celebrate a special occasion. This was our first Thanksgiving there, and it was wonderful. As always, staff and atmosphere are wonderful. The cornbread stuffing and cinnamon gelato were my favorites, although everything was very good. The only things I would have done differently were to serve the gravy on the side (or at least ask) and to warm up the apple pie.

Pros: All-vegan, Delicious food, Lovely atmosphere

Love at first sight - Edit

I LOVE this place. The food is amazing and affordable compared to many vegan places nearby. The chefs are AMAZING. They are always surprising me with new vegan specials. The vegan brunch is a must experience. The staff is friendly and the vibe is great. Very pet friendly and they even offer discounts if you bring your furry one. Be prepared to dine with the resident kitties on stormy night. I love Darbster!!

Pros: Great food, Awesome staff, Pet friendly environment

Cons: Parking is tight

Awesome - Edit

The restaurant is very hip. The food is presented beautifully. Menu is just what you want for compassionate eating. A little on the higher side, and the price reflects the ambiance and quality. my server Connie was knowledgeable and friendly. I love it.

Return to West Palm Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Darbster - West Palm Beach closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.