Clear Head - Lehka Hlava

• Friend
0222220665

Borsov 2, Praha 1, Prague, Czech Republic

Contemporary vegetarian cuisine restaurant located near Stare Mesto metro stop. Features tapas and specials, salads and pasta, desserts and fresh juices. Has English menu, and vegan items are marked. No eggs used. Interior is unique with each room decorated in a different theme: a small colorful contemporary room, a warm orange room with fish tank, and a blue heaven room decorated with stars. Reservation recommended. No smoking. From 3:30-5pm a smaller menu is offered. Directions: From Charles Bridge (Karlova mostu) walk south for 2 blocks along Krizovnicka to K Svetle and then turn left onto Borsov, a quiet alley off of K Svetle. Restaurant is immediately on left side in a soft peach color building. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-11:30pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-11:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by Poundie

Will definitely be back for more - Edit

I love this place! And so does my boyfriend, who isn't vegan or vegetarian :) I had an amazing spicy and sweet tofu stir fry with white rice and I had chips and guacamole as my appetizer. The tofu was perfectly fried- slightly crunchy texture on the outside, nice and light on the inside. The guac was good, too! It passed my standards of growing up with real authentic mexican food., I'll be back for sure!

A classic for a good reason - Edit

Lehka Hlava is probably the best-known veggie restaurant in Prague, and for a good reason. Even though it's probably not the most mind-blowing thing you've ever experienced, the menu is versatile, the portions are decent and all the dishes I've tried have been very tasty. I can recommend their selection of dips/spreads with bread ("Small Clear Head") to share as appetizers. There are many vegan options and the staff seems to be very aware of allergies and other special dietary needs. Lehka Hlava also has a daily lunch menu which is very affordable (135 CZK). The interior is distinctive and cosy and the location is central but peaceful.

Pros: good value, esp. for lunch, tasty food

Amazing food - Edit

I thought I've died and went to "vegan heaven" when my food come out of the kitchen. So tasteful! (I took the skewers with potato).

Original decoration and tasty food - Edit

This place is always full, I recommend to book before you go! I enjoyed the food, specially the cantonese rice and the soups. The decoration and the atmosphere is really nice, friendly staff.

Pros: Tasty food, Nice atmosphere, Cool decoration

Cons: Dairy products in many dishes not all vegan, Quiet full, need to book

good lunch spot - Edit

The meals were a pleasant surprise after reading the menu. They came out looking and tasting way better than the menu described. Lots of vegan options (you're able to make a lot of the veggie meals vegan). We had the vegan tacos and vegan wrap and both were really good. Between around 3pm and 5pm the menu is limited a little.

Pros: great tasting

Cons: limited menu when we were there

Tofy pate was fantastic! - Edit

I still dream of the tofu pate I was wonderful. Everything we ate was delicious. Nice place to relax and enjoy an evening meal.

Nice place - Edit

Nicely thought out restaurant with seperate themed rooms, although a bit crowded on Saturday night which is to be expected. We got a table without a reservation and service was friendly and efficient. Somewhat more cramped than their sister restaurant, but a different menu which was good to see. I had tofoie gras, veganized gyros and raw chocolate cake, all perfectly nice. Lemon and honey dressing was listed on some of the vegan choices which was a little concerning, but I didn't question further. Nice place in a quiet spot.

Pros: Reasonable vegan choice, Friendly, efficient service, Atmospheric

Cons: Dado rail was dusty, Cramped

Best Veg place in Prague - Edit

For me this is the best vegeterian/vegan restaurant in Prague. Awesome location, interesting and original decor and great menu. Best place to have dinner with friends or date night. Bring your meat eating friends here and they will be enthused!

Romantic - Edit

Cozy place with friendly staff and good range of options. Particularly enjoyed the smoked tofu pate. Had a lovely wine there too. Highly recommended.

Pros: Interesting menu, Quirky decor, Good wine

Great for a romantic meal - Edit

I really enjoyed my birthday dinner here. I couldn't decide which vegan option to have, so went for Cantonese rice with pita bread. Then had the best Chia pudding for dessert. Their ginger tea is delicious.

Pros: Chia pudding , Friendly staff , Romantic area

Cons: Hidden away , Reserve by phone only

A bit disappointed - Edit

First impressions of Lehka Hlava it is a bit small and dark.
With the limited tables, it may be a good idea to pre-book a table.
The Food was fine.
The Waiters were a bit rushed to be attentive.

Bohemian restaurant with good location - Edit

This is so cool veg-restaurant with good location. Food tastes really like self-made and staff is friendly and
thoughtful. This restaurant is popular, so it was almost all the time full of customers - so I recommend to make a reservation. Some dishes is available only at a certain time, it's a pity. We waited our desserts almost half hour, I don't know what happened, did the waiter forgot the desserts or somenthing else? We didn't bother to wait for desserts no longer, so we just took the bill and leaved.

Pros: cool restaurant, tasty food, friendly staff

Cons: need to make reservation

Excellent menu - Edit

I went for a Saturday lunch. it's in a small side street. Dark, cozy interior, excellent menu with a lot of yummy options. I had the kimchi starter, seitan sausages and teriyaki noodles. all very nice. the cashew nut dessert is awesome. the prices are reasonable, the service is ok.

Great Food for a great price - Edit

I really love this place, the food is simple but delicious and the prices are right. The staff is very attentive and especially during lunch time it was possible to find a spot even though most places were occupied. Very fast order as well if you get the daily special.

Good vegan food - Edit

They have a good mix of vegan dishes from all over the world. We enjoyed coming here for dinner, the place is quite cozy and a bit quirky. My daughter especially liked the bulgur dish, and I had a very tasty salad. Service was good and atmosphere is pleasant. We'd be back!

Pros: Good mix of dishes, Quirky look, Central

Absolutely amazing - Edit

I went for a family dinner here and everyone really enjoyed it, including non-vegans. Food tasted amazing, the staff were very helpful. I would recommend trying the starters (dips are great). Does not offer a huge range of vegan dishes, but enough to choose from.
Looking forward to coming back soon!

Pros: Delicious food, Nice staff, Cool decor

seems popular - Edit

The place looked very unusual but interesting. It seemed as some sort of indian chapel themed restaurant. Most foods are vegan and they all tasted quite good. Just be aware that you may not get a seat as the place is always full.
Also you have to wait for the food a little longer as the kitchen is tiny and only holds one chef for the entire restaurant.

Pros: almost all vegan

Cons: always full, small kitchen

Great Food and Service - Edit

We had dinner at Clear Head on a busy August evening but the staff was kind enough to take into account our specific dietary requirements within vegetarian options to serve up some delicious food. We recommend all vegetarians and Jains to come try Clear Head! Be sure to make a reservation!

Pros: Great food and ingredients , Friendly and patient staff, Nice ambience

Cons: We were seated inside corner table and felt the te

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Clear Head - Lehka Hlava closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.