Clear Head - Lehka Hlava

• Friend
Contact 222220665

Borsov 2, Praha 1, Prague, Czech Republic,

Contemporary vegetarian cuisine restaurant located near Stare Mesto metro stop. Features tapas and specials, salads and pasta, desserts and fresh juices. Has English menu, and vegan items are marked. No eggs used. Interior is unique with each room decorated in a different theme: a small colorful contemporary room, a warm orange room with fish tank, and a blue heaven room decorated with stars. Reservation recommended. No smoking. From 3:30-5pm a smaller menu is offered. Directions: From Charles Bridge (Karlova mostu) walk south for 2 blocks along Krizovnicka to K Svetle and then turn left onto Borsov, a quiet alley off of K Svetle. Restaurant is immediately on left side in a soft peach color building. Mon-Fri 11:30am-11:30pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-11:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by Poundie

Good vegan food - Edit

They have a good mix of vegan dishes from all over the world. We enjoyed coming here for dinner, the place is quite cozy and a bit quirky. My daughter especially liked the bulgur dish, and I had a very tasty salad. Service was good and atmosphere is pleasant. We'd be back!

Pros: Good mix of dishes, Quirky look, Central

Absolutely amazing - Edit

I went for a family dinner here and everyone really enjoyed it, including non-vegans. Food tasted amazing, the staff were very helpful. I would recommend trying the starters (dips are great). Does not offer a huge range of vegan dishes, but enough to choose from.
Looking forward to coming back soon!

Pros: Delicious food, Nice staff, Cool decor

seems popular - Edit

The place looked very unusual but interesting. It seemed as some sort of indian chapel themed restaurant. Most foods are vegan and they all tasted quite good. Just be aware that you may not get a seat as the place is always full.
Also you have to wait for the food a little longer as the kitchen is tiny and only holds one chef for the entire restaurant.

Pros: almost all vegan

Cons: always full, small kitchen

Great Food and Service - Edit

We had dinner at Clear Head on a busy August evening but the staff was kind enough to take into account our specific dietary requirements within vegetarian options to serve up some delicious food. We recommend all vegetarians and Jains to come try Clear Head! Be sure to make a reservation!

Pros: Great food and ingredients , Friendly and patient staff, Nice ambience

Cons: We were seated inside corner table and felt the te

delicious - Edit

i came here the second time as the first time I went here, I was sooo hungry and the waiting line was so long that there was no point in waiting. today we had to wait as well and we got our table after approximately 25 minutes of waiting. the food was good, we had baked wrap, pasta wirh baked garlic and mushrooms and guac, red thai curry with rice. the ceurry sauce was a bit too thick for me, but very good.

Amazingly good food - Edit

I was truly impressed by the quality and flavor of dishes at this restaurant! In the 3 days I spent in Prague, I ate there twice. I had the pumpkin, tofu and spinach wrap, and the grilled goat cheese with walnuts and baked potato, both were superb. It's not often that I eat out and think the food is good enough to want to recreate at home - but this is definitely the here. If you're in Prague, I highly recommend this restaurant!

Must-go veggie resto - Edit

Absolutely recommended restaurant in Prague. It's a little bit hidden in a side alley away from the touristy center. Do make a reservation cause it can be rather busy in the evening. We had a great meal - soup, main and dessert - and all were top. It's a bit pricey for Prague but still quite affordable.

Cozy restaurant and good food - Edit

I´ve been in this restaurant a few times and the vegan food is great. The staff is really friendly and they make you feel at home. Also, the decoration is vey beautiful, so it´s perfect for a romantic lucn or dinner.

It´s always full, so it´s better to book a table.

Pros: Good food, Very beautiful restaurant, Friendly staff

Cons: Not many vegan options

Delicious vegetarian/vegan food - Edit

Clear Head is a well-maintained cozy restaurant with a family spirit. The manager is extremely nice and helped me find my way by phone. I had tofoie gras (vegan) as an appetizer, which was deliciously smooth and umamically delectable. Then I had vegan wraps that had spinach in them, accompanied by a fresh and crunchy little raw salad that unfortunately had honey (non-vegan) in its dressing. The wraps were good but too oily/fatty for my taste and didn't leave a very healthy after-feeling. But I would definitely come back! :)

Pros: Although it's a vegetarian restaurant, many vegan

Cons: Not enough tables for clients.

Delicious Vegetarian! - Edit

Well decorated atmosphere, friendly staff, and an extensive menu! Their daily lunch special was delicious and very reasonably priced (125czk).

Pros: Extensive menu, great atmosphere, friendly staff,

Late lunch - Edit

Visited Clear Head the afternoon after visiting their sister restaurant the previous evening (Maitrea).

Upon arrival I was informed that they operate a reduced menu between the hours of 15:00-17:00. A bit hesitant to how reduced, I sat down and looked at the menu and was pleasantly surprised to how much was still available during the closed kitchen period!

Settled for the vegan cracklings with bread to start, and the tacos to follow, with homemade lemonade to drink. Fair price, again, like witnesses at Maitrea. (325CZK for starter, main and drink - 400 with tip. Approximately £11).

Extremely friendly staff who will accommodate even the fussiest of customers (including the lady who returned her raw food dish as she didn't realise raw meant, well, raw).

Only negatives: the room you are sat in is extremely hot and noisy due to being small, but this does add to the ambience somewhat -- difficult to find as on small side street that's easy to walk by -- one bathroom (but these are seriously small negatives.)

Pros: Extensive menu, Fair prices , Friendly staff

Great Restaurant, tasty food - Edit

We had a starter, main dishes and a very good cake for desert.
As it is very popular i would recommand to book a table in advance..
We were only lucky to get a free table cos we fitted in between timeslots of reservations..
We would love to have such a good vegan restaurant in our hometown..

Pros: Many choices, Tasty food, Friendly staff

Cons: Booking recommended

great food, cozy atmosphere - Edit

after reading the reviews, i was not sure, if this restaurant is a good choice for vegans, but it definitely is.
we tried quite some restaurants during our visit in prague and i would recommend this one, if you only have time for one.
we (2, lunch time) had to wait a little to get seated (reservation definitely recommended).
drinks and food are excellent and reasonable prized. i found they have plenty of vegan options (and some dishes can be made vegan).
also nice cake.

Pros: cozy, food

Cons: very crowded - reservation!

Our best meal in Prague - Edit

This place is outstanding. The food is first class, so many delicious choices. And the decor is just beautiful.
We were lucky to walk in and obtain a table as it was after the lunch hour.
If you only have a short stay in Prague, make sure you go there.
If you have a longer stay, lucky you for being able to go more than once!

Pros: Delicious healthy food, So much choice, Good prices

Great raw cakes! - Edit

Again we tried that place in May 2015. We arrived during lunch hours on a cold rainy day, I was cold so wanted something for warming up. The service was slow, so we had to wait for anybody to take our order for a long while. But once we ordered the food started coming very smoothly. We ordered seitan with little salad, tortilla and tzatziki (vegetarian dish but If you hold tzatziki can be veganized nicely) and vegan cream of split peas (well balanced and spiced) served with great artisan bread. After that we went for raw chocolate/orange/chia/dates tarte paired with soy cappucinos. Great dessert! Actually we went there second time just to have that cake again. Highly recommended. Dish prices you can check on their website (english version too), moderate in our opinion. Will be back!

Pros: excelent desserts, nice place, good value

Cons: slow service, limited vegan options

Lehka Hlava and Maitrea - Edit

I'm surprised to consistently see Lehka Hlava and Maitrea at the top of "the best vegan/vegetarian restaurants in Prague" lists, because I've been underwhelmed by both. As in Maitrea, I thought the menu was a little unexciting, especially for vegans. It's almost like they choose the most famous dish from every world cuisine and make it vegetarian or vegan - which is a nice idea, but means they don't specialise in anything, so it's all food you've had before, and probably had it better. That said, the tofoie gras was a fun, unusual starter, and one I definitely hadn't seen on any other menus before. Service was good, but I asked about vegan wine and was told that they didn't know which ones were suitable, so I stuck with a soft drink. I can't believe I'm the first person to ask, so it's surprising that they don't know. The decor is quite unusual, but I think it's strange to have plastic mock-wood tables with lights in them - it seems to go against the environmentally-friendly theme.

Cons: unsure about vegan wines

Very nice restaurant - Edit

The selection of the meals is quite wide, all of them being vegetarian, with many options for vegans as well. The place is very nicely decorated, it's a bit cramped, but we didn't mind. The food was very good. Unfortunately the quality of the service tends to differ every visit.

Pros: Vegan and raw options, Good food, Close to the city center

hypnotic! - Edit

You enter this place and you instantly feel hypnotised by the coziness and dimmed lights. Amazing design and even more amazing food! We had the pumpkin spread with bread for a starter and veggie skewers and smoked tofu in soy sauce for main course. The raw chocolate cake for dessert really blew us away! Damn! So good!

Delicious, classy place! - Edit

I came here with my non-veg family and everyone really enjoyed their meals! We ordered the clear head appetizer sampler with all the different pates, which was great, and the various entrees were all very good (I had something with barley and tempeh, which was awesome - very flavorful!), and I had to try the raw chocolate cake for dessert, which was also great. Definitely make a reservation as when we arrived for our reservation they were already completely booked! The price was also very reasonable for the amount and quality of food. Definitely visit this place if you are in Prague!

Pros: Delicious food, Large menu, Very reasonable prices

Great!!! - Edit

We had a pretty late booking and when we got there we could see the restaurant was in full throttle. Nice atmosphere! The table next to us ordered the exact same thing, this caused some confusion in the kitchen leading to some wait but all was handled very well! Sometimes things go wrong thats just the nature of things, how the service handles that makes all the difference!

Will be back next time in prag. We opted for the mix platter which was excellent, the gyros was probably the best mockmeat I've had!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 26, 2015

Pros: Food, Service, Gyros

Cons: Popular, book a table!

I dream of this food. - Edit

I visited this restaurant in a large group of eight people without making a reservation. They were so kind and allowed up to sit at a table that was reserved for another group in and hour and a half. In order for all of us to eat at the same time, they asked us to limit our orders to a collective four different main dished, otherwise the food would take a long time. This was not a strange request as other restaurants have asked similar things for large groups in Prague.

I ordered a bulgar dish with a sun dried tomato pesto and tempeh. It was incredible. I would totally recommend this restaurant to anyone coming to Prague, even non vegetarians.

delicious, unique cuisine - Edit

The food was delicious. I had a soup and a smoked tofu pate that was killer. I went with my family, who, although none are vegan, all raved about their meals. The menu has a wide variety of options including raw choices. There was not a huge vegan selection, but vegan options are clearly marked and I was not at all disappointed. A lot of the items seemed cheese-heavy. I absolutely loved the different drinks I had from the juice bar.

Pros: beautiful decor, vegan options clearly labeled, juice bar

Cons: lots of dairy

So good!! - Edit

Vegan options clearly labelled, as well as other descriptions such as 'raw', 'nuts' or any possible adaptions. Good quality for money, absolutely delicious. Would recommend for anyone, not just vegetarians or vegans. It is slightly out of the way up a side street but overall not difficulty to find.

Beautiful place with tasty food - Edit

This place is really beautiful, especially the "night-sky" room.
The food is great with many vegan choices. And the desserts are also very taste. The portion is good and you will leave this place with a full belly.
The staff was also friendly

Pros: Beautiful interior , Vegan choices

pretty good - Edit

I enjoyed eating here, though it didn't blow me away quite the way my meal at Estrella did. The menu is pretty broad, and the sampler plates let you try a bunch of different things at once. Everything is prepared and served well, but I found the flavors a bit straightforward: nothing that jumped out as sublime. Still, a very good choice, and in most cities it would be a standout; Prague just has enough options that it's merely “very good”.

Pros: good variety of choices, prepared well

Cons: somewhat bland

excellent vegetarian or vegan food in the Old Town - Edit

Made a reservation for three through our hotel and so glad we did. Excellent food. Better than average service. We arrived at 7:30 for our reservation and overheard a couple with no reservations who would have to wait til 9:15 for a table.
Had the house starter platter (a variety of spreads that were all excellent). Salad was good, fresh. Beetroot burger delicious and hearty.

Great place - Edit

This is highlight in Prague. Superb high vibe and energy place serving amazing delicious helthy vegan/vegetarian food. owner believes less meat consumption would make world better....and clear your mind and soul, and hear the sound and see the colors

Pros: food, drink, vibration

Cons: very busy

well know veg restaurant - Edit

well known veg restaurant. I didn't like the asian plates too much. Also the portions could be bigger (but I guess that's just me).

we needed a reservation when we walked in for lunch.

Pros: location, atmosphere

Cons: small portions

Glad to have been there! - Edit

This place has a uniquely and wonderfully special feel good vibe.
I've been at Clear Head with my non-vegetarian friend Totoro and we both really enjoyed the dinner. The food was extremely tasty in good portions, vast choice on the menu and excellent service.
You must try paté from smoked tofu, cashew nuts and cranberries!
Updated from previous review on Monday June 08, 2015

Pros: Excellent food, great decoration

Loved this place - Edit

The restaurant is in an old building and is very cute inside. It has a varied menu, many items vegan. All vegan items are marked as such. I had the Thai curry. It was delicious. 2 glasses of wine and 2 entrees plus a shared appetizer came to about $25! Great value.

Pros: Great food, Pleasant service, Attractive surroundings

Cons: Not that easy to find

Good, but a bit overrated - Edit

Been here for lunch and found the options for various smoothies, drinks, etc. just stunning and liked my choice a lot. Unfortunately, the vegan food options were rather plain. Our "Kung Fu" was definitely lacking some freshness. It was basically only consisting of Seitan, Rice and Onions.

Pros: Great Variations in Drinks, Nice Location, Nice Staff

Cons: Boring vegan food

Really good - Edit

Had a really good meal here, hummus is fab, so is the red tomato pesto, quick service , nice atmosphere. But disappointed that none of the wine was vegan though!

Pros: Good food, Non smoking, Central location

Cons: No vegan wine

Great vegetarian food - Edit

Very friendly staff and better food. Quite large menu, with different
types of cuisines: burgers, Asian dishes, Italian, etc. Not many vegan
options, but good enough. The place has a nice atmosphere and they
were very efficient when serving us. Portions are very big.
Around 10€ for main dish and beer.

Pros: Big portions, Price, Quality

Attitude, food, atmosphere: Perfect! - Edit

This really is a lovely little restaurant. Friendly staff, beautifully decorated, delicious food! Cosy seating so fingers crossed other people around you are entertaining rather than annoying... Delicious drinks :)

A beautiful disappointment - Edit

This is a very popular restaurant in a beautiful old building in a cosy backstreet of the city center. Lots of care have been taken to make it beautiful on the inside, too. The tables have lights in them and are painted as if they were made from wood, which gives quite a special effect; and the ceiling is home to many hundred small twinkling stars. The staff is friendly, though very busy most of the time. Reserving a table is a good idea, especially in the evening. The menu contains a lot of different dishes and drinks, and though the place is a little expensive for Czech standards, the prizes are okay.
The food is a different story. Being vegan, I had a rather limited choice. Many dishes could easily be served in a vegan version - sometimes it would just be a matter of using coconut milk or soy cream instead of dairy, and the taste would not be in any way offending to a non-vegan palate. For example, there was a potatoe gratin which was being served as a possible side dish, and the vegan alternative was plain rice. Anyway, the vegan choices were a bit on the boring side - more what you would expect in a café that offers a little food than in a real restaurant with a certain culinary ambition. There are in total three vegan main dishes - raw spaghetti from cucumber, Thai curry and grilled vegetable kebabs. Well, the place does not claim to be pure vegan, so maybe that is just the way it is!
I decided to combine some starters, as none of the main dishes aroused my interest. I had a lentil soup, which was okay. Then I had hummus, which was mediocre; hummus requires a really good food processor to attain the perfect level of smoothness, the bread was the typical bread you buy in any Arabic supermarket for some cents. I had guacamole, which was, again, okay but not great and which came with Nachos, same Nachos as you buy in a supermarket in a bag. I had Kim Chi which was just plain boring. All three dishes can be great in themselves, but here they tasted as if they were supposed to accompany something really great which unfortunately failed to show up.
Our friend had a grilled goat cheese and she was happy. Good.
One of us had a raw "cheesecake" as a dessert, and it was not very good, with a strawberry sauce that tasted a little prefabricated (of course! strawberries don't grow in late september).
All in all, though we arrived in high spirits and with a thoroughly benevolent attitude, we were rather disappointed once we left. Not recommendable for vegans

Pros: Nice location

Cons: few and uninspired vegan options

Good food, but limited vegan options - Edit

The food was good, but the options for vegans were limited. There were several items on the menu that seemed like they could easily be made vegan, such as a bean burrito and a veggie burger, but we were told that these could not be made vegan. I had an asian noodle dish and my husband had the veggie/tofu skewers. The food was good, probably the best we had in Prague (veggies restaurants are seriously lacking in Prague) but I just wish there were more choices for vegans. Service was very good, quick and friendly.

Pros: Good service, Tasty food

Cons: Only a few vegan options

Highly recommended! - Edit

The restaurant has a great colourful environment. There are few different rooms, but my favourite one was the one with blue walls and a ceiling that was covered with small lights that looked like stars. Also, lamps in shape of tall mushrooms were pretty cool too.

It gets pretty crowded so it's good to make a reservation.

The food was AMAZING. Very fresh, and while I was scrolling along the menu, I wanted to choose everything. They always have a daily menu too, with soup of the day and other special dishes.

The salad portions are pretty big, so go easy with them, I wouldn't count them as a side dish. There are great drinks too and a wide selection of fresh cold (like fresh juices, special salty mineral water good for digestion called 'Vincentka'), but they also have a wide selection of teas.

Desserts were great, I recommend eating a brownie.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. It's delicious, and you can walk in a great area in Prague before or after the meal, the river with an amazing view on the Prague Castle is extremely near. The National Theatre is nearby, and so is 'Naprstkovo muzeum', which is a museum of African / Oceanic / Asian cultures.

One main dish costs around 160 Kc (6 euros).

The only negative element I felt about this place was the staff. Sometimes they can be pretty nice but not always, forget the grumpy waiters if you meet any. It's normal in Czech republic anyway (sadly).

To sum up, this place had simply become one of my favourite places in Prague after being there once or twice. The food is very satisfying, the location charming and the environment unusual - in a great way.

Pros: fresh food with variation of ingredients, location in the heart of Prague, the interior is very visually pleasing

Cons: the staff is sometimes grumpy

An exprience for your taste buds! - Edit

We went to this restaurant on our second night in Prague. It's affiliated with Maitrea but has a very different menu. There's maybe a less varied choice of main dishes but there are pearls among them. We tried a vegan and a vegetarian dish, both of which were taste, especially the vegetarian one. For dessert I had a to-die-for pudding with strawberries, mint and rose water. Combined with excellent drinks (aloe drink with honey, lemonade) we enjoyed a great meal in a very cosy atmosphere. I especially want to mention the staff. They were all friendly and helpful, particularly one waitress who took the time to explain their menu and ingredients to me. I highly recommend this place!

Pros: Cosy restaurant, Excellent food, Good service

Great, but wish there were more vegan options - Edit

I went here one night and had the vegan red thai curry. It was incredibly good, and I would reeeaallly like to give this place 5 stars, but it's just a shame that there are only 2 main dishes which are vegan - the red curry, and some kind of raw pasta dish. They have vegan appetizers and desserts too, but I didn't get to try them. So basically you can only eat here once or twice if you're visiting Prague and vegan, unless you want to keep getting the same main dish over and over. But, those couple of main dishes ARE delicious, so it's worth at least one visit!

Pros: pretty interior, delicious food, friendly staff

Cons: only 2 vegan mains

All is great - Edit

We arrived at about 7, and although the place was full, the staff tried and found a solution to seat us. There are 2 rooms, one for one large group and another for everyone else - the decor is quaint and agreeable. The menu is filled with promising choices. We had the cucumber spaghetti (delicious) and the clear head menu (a prize for the palate). Portions are large, so we'll have to come back to try their dessert selection. The cost is reasonable (500K for both of us, main + water).

Pros: Excellent, tasty, imaginative dishes, Good service, Large portions

One of the best in Prague - Edit

Very crowded place. Be sure to make a reservation.
The restaurant is very well decorated and with different themes inside. The meals are very big and it tastes delicious.
It was a great experience for my last night in Prague.

Good stop - Edit

Pretty good food with ok service. Their sister restaurant Maitrea is within walking distance and excellent. I would recommend Maitrea instead for a better overall menu, more healthy veggie options and wider variety and excellent service.

Good food, divine dessert - Edit

It can be challenging to get a table at this popular place, but rewards await.

There are several vegan (or veganizable) options on the menu. I had the grilled vegetable kebabs with excellent BBQ sauce, though i would've preferred brown rice instead of white.

The crown of the evening was the raw vegan "cheesecake" with strawberry topping. Fresh juices are another plus.

Service was friendly, but the restaurant was understaffed for the dinner rush so there were long waits to get attention from a server. Might be good to come a little early.

Enjoy!

Pros: Several vegan options marked on the men, raw vegan cheesecake

Cons: service can be slow

Very Good Restaurant - Edit

My husband and I ate lunch at Lehka Hlava on 28 May 2014. I had heard from other Happy Cow reviews that booking was recommended, but we took our chances and just showed-up. Although the restaurant was busy, we only had to wait five minutes or so for a table. The staff were friendly and spoke good English. After a starter of guacamole and chips (which were stale; too much cilantro), I ordered the Asian salad w/ smoked tofu, which was very good, while my husband ordered the cheese quesadillas, which he reported were tasty and filling. The atmosphere was very good, and the decor was quirky but tasteful. There were both vegan and vegetarian options on the menu. We found the restaurant quite easily, if you arrive via the Charles Bridge and go right.

Pros: all vegan and vegetarian, friendly staff, moderate prices

Cozy & Delicious - Edit

Sister restaurant to Maitrea. The menu is more limited, but the staff is nicer and the space is quite cozy. They were slammed and were turning people away but when they saw I was on my own, they made space in the rooftop break area. Very kind of them. The curry was warm and delicious, perfect for the end of a chilly day. Definitely recommend this place.

Pros: Food, Cozy, Friendly

Cons: Reservations Recommended

Amazing food in mystical atmosphere! - Edit

This has been one of my best vegan findings! :) It was a little difficult to find this small restaurant, but it was absolutely worth it :) They have a great choice of very delicious sounding dishes.

Even my boyfriend as an omnivore liked the food a lot! :) The waiter was so kind and I really enjoyed the meal so much. Really one of the best vegan restaurants I've ever visited! :) The atmosphere is very romantic :) Loved it there.

Pros: Fair prices, Excellent food, Unique/romantic atmosphere

Difficult to find but well worth it. - Edit

Very busy so probably best to book if you don't want to be turned away. I turned up on the off-chance and had a long wait for a table but took the opportunity to explore the surrounding lanes and scenery.
Menu is quite diverse catering for a range of needs- raw, vegan etc. More vegan mains would be helpful- I opted for the Thai Red Curry and it was extremely tasty. For starters I had Tofoie Gras and homemade bread sticks- delicious!
Portions are large so I couldn't manage a dessert.
Friendly staff and good service- reasonably priced

Pros: excellent food

Cons: very busy- book in advance

Not bad at all =) - Edit

I eat here during my stay in the city and enjoyed very much. You need to make a reservation to hear so I was expecting the food to blow my mind. It was good and would eat here again but not mind blowing. very cute place

Decent, but not amazing. - Edit

Nice looking place with a modest range of vegan options, essentially the same as Maitrea. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere was pleasant.

The food was decent, though it wasn't fantastic. Definitely don't order anything chili or curry if you have expectations of chili or curry flavour. Mild to the point of undetectable.

Pros: Nice atmosphere., Decent food. , Friendly staff.

Cons: No spice or heat whatsoever.

Beautiful and delicious - Edit

You really have to make reservations to get into this place, as it's pretty small and usually busy, but if you come right at opening, you might get in before the the later reservations. We came twice without reservations, and were able to get dinner, though once we had to sit at the single table in the courtyard.

This is a sister restaurant of Maitrea, so the decor is also very beautiful and magical. The menu was better in some ways, because we found more vegan things to eat, and they were actually mostly different from what Maitrea serves. Too often this is not the case with restaurants with the same ownership. All the food was delicious, even simple things like grilled vegetables. I actually thought the service was pretty decent too, attentive and fast, if not smiley. The location is nice, just steps away from the river side promenade. It's also right next to some great bars, such as Hemingway.

Pros: Delicious food, Beautiful decor, Quick service

Cons: Hard to get a table

Nice, interesting restaurant! - Edit

I had a lovely meal here. It was very popular- the place was full shortly after opening! Very nice, interesting menu and a delicious meal. It was a little more expensive than I planned, but it was a good experience.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Cool atmosphere

Cons: slightly pricey

Beautiful little find in Prague! - Edit

We had asked where a Vegan/Vegetarian restaurant was during our visit to Prague 2 days ago, and one of the locals referred us to this restaurant. It was a bit hard to find, but we were sure glad we found it!
The food was delicious and affordable, and the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. We had an Avocado appetizer, and a Thai Soup, and for dinner a Thai Coconut Curry dish, and an Oriental Stir fry with Smoked Tofu. We had fresh Coconut water to drink, and everything was excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant in Prague!

Pros: Affordable, Delicious, Warm and Welcoming

Cons: A bit hard to find

Best meal we had in Prague, wish discovered sooner - Edit

Reviews speak for themselves. This is an excellent place with brilliant food and lovely decor. We went for dinner at 8pm on Sunday night and they said it was a 20 minute wait (ended up less and we could order starters) but I would recommend booking so you don't miss out!

The smoked tofu cashew vegan starter was delicious, as was the burrito and quesadilla main.

The rooms are beautiful just to look at as each part was designed by an artist.

Best meal we had in Prague (over other veggie places), wish we discovered it sooner!

Pros: Dlicoosu, Beautiful decor, Nice vibe

Cons: Might be long wait, Most maps show street incorrectly

Popular place - for good reasons - Edit

Maitrea and Clear Head seem to be partner restaurants. Interior-wise, Maitrea wins, but taste- and selection-wise, we think Clear Head is the clear winner. Situated in an old building (visit the toilet! ;-)), it was absolute ok atmosphere in there. There was a long queue when we arrived (about 2pm), so it might be worth reserving when you go there for lunch. We had the Thai red curry and the oriental stir-fry, and liked them both very much (both a bit spicy). The selection of vegan options was bigger here than in Maitrea, and like there, the dishes were extremely well labelled (vegan, veganizable, raw, gluten-free, contains nuts/onion/garlic, ...). Loved the selection of fresh pressed juices.

Pros: wide selection, extremely good food-labelling, many fresh juice options

Cons: need to reserve

Highly Recommended. Went back twice :) - Edit

Highly recommended vegetarian restaurant. Lots of choice, so nice to look through a menu and have so many options. We went one night and then booked a table the following night. Booking is probably recommended if you've got something to attend to after to make sure you get a table at this popular place.

Pros: Lots of choice, English Speaking

Legendary - Edit

This is a super establishment and easily in my top 10 of all time. The food is magnificent and I have experienced some of the best vegetarian restaurants in Europe and the UK so I wouldn't say that lightly. The rooms are beautiful, and the tables are works of modern art in their own right. An amazing, cosy dining experience in a wonderful setting. I cannot think of anything negative to say at all. One of the finest vegetarian meals I have ever had. They also have a sister restaurant that is equally as impressive and possibly even more internally eyecatching than Clear Head called Maitrea on Tynska Ulicka. Clear Head is somewhere you could go to for a special lunch or a romantic evening dinner, it is for me quite simply a wonderful vegetarian establishment. Many of the veggie places in Prague close at around 21:00 but this place rocks on until at least 23:30 every night if not later, depending on business.

Pros: gourmet food, unique touches, location

Enjoyed our meals - Edit

We were there just after they opened at noon on a Sunday - we were seated right away but a few minutes later, people were waiting. We enjoyed our meals. Alot of items include cheese. We asked them to hold the cheese - I was disappointed that they didn't have a non-dairy cheese to substitute.
Convenient to old town - easy to miss the alley/cul-de-dac.

Cons: lot of dishes had cheese

If you are enlightened, you eat for free! - Edit

This was an unexpected find during the short amount of free time I had during a tour of Prague. Warm, friendly, and welcoming ambiance. The restaurant was quite busy, which was great to see. Good food, lots of choice, and reasonably priced. Oh, and an if you are a monk, ordained clergy, or enlightened – you eat for free!

Pros: Variety, Ambiance

Clear Head, Full Belly - Edit

We enjoyed this place so much we ate here 2 out of the 4 nights we spent in Prague. Reasonably priced, good and friendly service, and great food.

Our main courses and appetizers were very good. However, my girlfriend could not stop talking about the ginger tea and raw cheesecake we had for dessert. The bulgar risotto was our favorite.

If you are a vegetarian visiting Prague this destination is a must. Just get good directions because it is down a tiny alley near the river, slightly off the beaten path.

Excellent - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and ate here twice on a past trip to Prague. Here's my Lehka Hlava review.

My husband and I had excellent dining experiences both meals. The ambiance of the restaurant is modern, clean, and pleasant.

The food was tasty and satisfying and in good portions. We dined once in the orange room, and once in the colorful modern room. The menu offered a variety of choices (in English, too). The dishes we ordered were: the house special mint lemonade, freshly squeezed carrot-ginger juice, the goat cheese salad, tempeh bulgar risotto, spinach with goat cheese atop potatoes gratin, and marinated skewered vegetables with couscous. All very good and reasonable prices.

If you come to Prague, definitely eat at Clear Head. I've added it to my list of Top 10 Favorite Veg Restaurants.

Pros: good vibes, good food, good service

Lehka Hlava/Clear Head - Edit

I went to this restaurant twice whilst I was in Prague. The food was fantastic and the portions massive! I had a beautiful Tofu salad, followed by Chai tea. The restaurant was bustling, atmospheric and fantastic value of money. I highly recommend it!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Big portions

Cons: Very busy

definitely lives up to reviews, get a reservation! - Edit

Had a wonderful dinner here. Nice vegan options (I highly recommend the burrito!) We arrived in Prague on a Sat evening and immediately called and they could only get us in at 9:30 but we just killed time walking around the marvelous Old Town streets. The restaurant has several different rooms, we sat in the Orange room, which was nice. pretty much everyone around us was speaking English. There's a room with stars on the ceiling that I'm going to request on our last night here, but also don't get stuck next to the Bathroom! I believe you walk up to the register at the end of your meal and pay rather than asking for the bill (could be wrong) that's what we observed and did. Also, they take credit cards, but imprint your card and they can't add a tip so make sure you have some cash for your hard working waitress, they were jam packed and turning around tables as fast as possible so people waiting could sit together, etc.

Pros: vegan friendly, popular

Disappointed - Edit

Based on previous reviews, I came to this restaurant with a high expectation or maybe too high.

We ordered one of everything they have to offer from specials of the day and nothing from menu because we were a little stressed for time.

The dining atmosphere of this restaurant was lovely, with great decorations and friendly English speaking staff, the food however was a bit of a let down, the goulash soup was way too salty, which the lentil soup was good but nothing special. I think they are trying to be creative with our main course and dessert, but at the end of the day it was just strange, with not so harmonious taste and strange sensation.

I feel very hesitant to give a mediocre score to such a highly rated restaurant, but I felt that a different opinion should heard as well.

Pros: friendly staff, English menu, good pleasant dining atmosphere

Cons: food is too creative for my taste, needs reservation , quality control

Good - Edit

This place is located very centrally (very close to Charles Bridge), but is hidden away in a little alley so can be a little tricky to find. It also gets booked up very quickly - so advance booking is definitely recommended.

The interior decor is very nice - the walls are covered with stencil art, one of the rooms has a starry sky with fairy lights, and the tables were specially designed by a czech artist with glass beads and lights. Staff were friendly too.

We came as a group of five and ordered the sun-dried tomato/peanut pesto, coconut lentil soup, and tabbouleh to start, and for mains ordered the quesadilla, bulgur wheat/tempeh risotto, thai curry and stir fry dish. The dishes were tasty and we left feeling very full - and we'd be happy to go again. That said, we are quite fussy eaters, and compared to Maitrea (Clear head's sister restaurant, where our experience was close to perfect) we had a couple of qualms with dishes...the pesto was a little too sharp in taste, the stir fry sauce tasted a little bit-too much like ketchup, the thai curry was nice but tasted almost identical to the lentil soup, and the flavour of the tempeh and the pesto slightly overpowered the risotto.

Overall - we were very happy with our experience and would definitely recommend all vegetarians/vegans come here for a meal out in prague - but think that Maitrea has a slight edge over Clear Head as the best v*gan restaurant in Prague.

Perfect choice - Edit

I definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone who asks for a good vegetarian/vegan food.

They offer some vegan dishes as well but they could make a little more of them.

Restaurant looks great, it is very intimate (tables are close to each other, lights are low, music is quiet). If you don't want to have this intimacy, consider visiting Maitrea Restaurant (their sister restaurant). Food is really, really good in Clear Head and Maitrea. I can definitely recommend.

I suggest making a reservation at least two days before you go there (sometimes they really don't have enough space).

I also recommend visiting their sister restaurant Maitrea (it's in Prague as well and is in downtown).

Pros: great food quality, affordable prices, nice staff

Cons: need to make a reservation

Great food - Edit

I really recommend this restaurant. You have plenty to choose from the menu. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Menu is in English so there is no problem to uderstand it. Worth to visit and try.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, nice decor

My most favorite in Prague - Edit

I just love this one! Totally my most favorite in Prague. The food is tasty and the atmosphere is nice. The prices are average; just you may unexpectedly spend extra money for the lovely drinks as guarana cocktails etc. Anyway the daily menu is incredibly good value for money! I can really recommend Eggplant quesadilla, one of my most favorite dishes!

Pros: great food, lots to choose from, nice atmosphere, lovely drinks

Cons: often full, have to make reservation

dear vegans... - Edit

The description of this restaurant clearly states vegetarian, not vegan. I would therefore suggest you don't criticize it for something it does not claim to be. The food is tasty and good, not spectacular. My partner and I ate well for 500crowns (20 euro) total which included a soup with our main and a drink. Bargain. Nice atmosphere but be sure to book as it gets busy. Good place to go for veggies who want plenty of options and decent food.

Pros: tasty, atmosphere, price

Cons: can get busy

Great Find! - Edit

This is difficult to find, but worth it! Walk past the St. Charles bridge and turn left to the behind alley once you pass I- burger. You will see an alley on the left that looks empty. I remember it by the two big rocks on both sides of the walkway. You will see a door on the left and you are there! They have a very limited menu between 3:30 - 5:00. We came at that time and made reservations for 1700. GREAT selection and good wines. Don't miss this one, they also have another location on the main square.

Pros: Food, Servers

Cons: accessibility

outstanding vegetarian food - Edit

We ate at both Lehka Hlava and also Maitrea this week. The items on the menu at Lehka are a subset of the Maitrea menu and the price is slightly higher at this one. The food is truly outstanding.

Pros: top quality food, no smoking, friendly staff

Cons: slightly higher cost than Maitrea

writing for vegans - Edit

this review is intended mostly for vegans- I have to say that there are few vegan options at clear heads...and many of them are dishes i wasn't excited for because i would cook myself- hummus, lentil soup, pasta with tempeh... There were two items on the dish labeled as vegan that contained honey so I didn't feel confident that any of the vegan food was actually vegan (does the side salad have honey in it?). This place is definitely catered towards vegetarians and doesn't care about animals. I would suggest going to an all-vegan restaurant in prague instead.

Nice restaurant - Edit

Good food and nice restaurant, only few vegan options and they got the raw vegan cheesecake wrong, it contains honey and is marked as vegan. But worth a visit. The carrot, coconut cake was delicious, sadly the vegan version comes with no chocolate sauce.

vegetarian restaurant in Prague - Edit

This place had a nice atmosphere with nicely decorated rooms. The menu was quite extensive, and everything had an English translation. I had a simple spinach burrito and it was delicious, though a little smaller than what I'm used to. They had a lot of interesting drinks on the menu (juices, teas, special filter water...) and some desserts too. I think it's worth a try for a dinner out.

Real vegetarian food. - Edit

We ate here on two occasions and wish we had found it sooner.
It is a little hippy but the food is terrific, the staff and the service are really good and would recommend this place very highly.
Just be aware that if you order the chilli chocolate it is more of a pudding than a drink as it is very thick and sweet.

Pros: Non smoking, Good Food, Friendly

Cons: Hidden location, May need to wait for a table.

Vegetarians Visiting Prague Rejoice! - Edit

My family and I were worried about finding good vegetarian food while vacationing in Prague. Due to the great reviews of this restaurant by Happy Cow readers, we tried Clear Head. The food was so good and such a great value the first night, we came back the next night. The food, decor, and service were all exceptional. Highly recommended!
Updated from previous review on Monday August 06, 2007

Update November 2011 - Had the great fortune of having several meals at Clear Head again. Have been to many vegetarian places in the U.S. (e.g., Millennium, Chicago Diner, Candle 79, Sublime) and in Europe (I need to do a better job of submitting reviews -sorry!) and this place has clearly solidified a spot in my top 10. Truly wonderful.

don't miss out on that one! - Edit

very nice place with really, really good food! i went for the bulgur risotto which was just amazing. they also have raw spaghetti and again the raw cheese cake that u can also find at Maitrea.
if you love green juices, this is also the right place for you! the "green booster" juice is a MUST!

My all-time fav :) - Edit

The food is lovely, cheap and healty, with many vegan options on the menu and more on demand. I lived in Prague and it was my favourite restaurant, I still go there everytime I go back to Czech. I've tried a lot of dishes and foud all of them excellent! As drinks I would recommend the fresh mint tea and the apple-beetroot-ginger fresh juice, simply delicious! The carrot cake is also memorable, but keep in mind it's a huge portion, so share it or don't eat too much before :D
The only negative aspect is that is't so good and well known that it's always full, even on weekdays, booking it's a must, but it's worth it! If you manage ask for the blue room, it's a bit dark but the star-light ceiling is adorable!

Pros: delicious food, great atmosphere, no smoking

Cons: booking needed, crowded

Great choice! Definitely recommend this one! - Edit

This is a lovely restaurant and I would definitely want to eat here again, as they have a number of interesting dishes to try. We were in Prague for 4 days and ate here twice. Similar to the sister restaurant Maitrea, the service is quick, the prices are very reasonable, the menu is in English, and there is a wide variety of dishes. I would say Clear Head is slightly better for vegans than Maitrea.

The evening we were there, they also had a special raw vegan menu - I think the main was courgetti bolognaise, and raw cheezecake for desert. The interior is lovely - very cosy and welcoming, it's really pleasant to be in. It's also very very busy - you might not get in if you just turn up. It's a little bit outside of the Old Town - maybe 10 mins walk, but definitely worth it.

The first evening I think I had some sort of curry - can't quite remember the specifics, but I do remember it was really delicious. My boyfriend had a sort of potato lasagne dish which he said was lovely. The second time was lunch and we both had the red lentil soup with coconut milk, which was really good, and some humous - it was great to be able to have the sort of lunch I would normally have at home. I also had a lovely hot spiced apple juice. As with Maitrea, the menu does seem to be fairly reliant on soya/tofu ingredients and I would love to have more choice of purely vegetable based dishes, but I can't fault Clear Head - it was great to have such a nice place available.

Would highly recommend this place to all - veggie, vegan or even non-veggie - there's enough here for everyone.

Pros: Cosy interior, Wide choice, Great prices

Delicious! Try to make a reservation! - Edit

This place was BUSY! We couldn't get in for dinner one night so we went for lunch the following day. It is absolutely delicious, and I'd reccommend it to anyone. Check out the photos I uploaded. We had a red curry, which was nice, but a little watery, and we had a Big Clear Head, which was a mix of potato gratin, vegetable shish kebabs, and eggplant 'quesadillas' - it was delicious and MASSIVE! Big enough for two...

Pros: Great food, Good location

Cons: May need to book

best veggie restaurant ever - Edit

I was just amazed about this restaurant. Large menu with many interesting dishes. I have been there a couple of times and there are still a lot of dishes I am eager to try. many different rooms, each an art on its own. just fascinating...

can't wait to go there again.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 27, 2011

Great value for money - Edit

We just loved this restaurant. We had a 3 course meal for 3 people, beer, wine, tea and coffee for what we would have paid for a simple meal each at home (in Norway). Very good value for money.
The decorations are as original as the food - we loved that too. We came at 5 PM and had not reserved a table, and we were very lucky to get one. After 7 every table was fully booked. So I would advise you to reserve a table in advance.
We shared a plate with different starters, which were good.
For a main course I would especially recommend a dish with gratinated goat cheese on spinach and potato and for desert a carrotcake with chocolate sauce. (sounds strange, but tasted great)
We will most certainly come back if we ever go to Prague again. I was happy to see that they also served a raw "cheesecake" for desert, even if I did not chose the raw cake this time.
I just wish this restaurant was in my home town!!

Pros: Excellent food, Creative food, Good value

Cons: It may be fully booked

Swede about Lehka Hlava - Edit

Great place to eat, very yummy food!
A bit loud if you are placed close to the kitchen area because of different juicemakers that produce a lot of noise. Other than that you may also want to think about making a reservation if you are eating there during lunch or dinner.
Beautiful interior and good staff.

Pros: interior, food, non-smoking

Cons: a bit noisy, can be hard to get a table

Super and delicious - Edit

Found this great restaurant out of necessity because all Prague restaurants are very meat based. We were very happy and lucked out that we were the last ones to get a table because they were all booked for the night. Make sure you call and get a reservation. Everything was delicious and the servings were large. The main dinning room has recently been painted with a beautiful graphic. The menu has many options of food and drinks. Will will visit their other restaurant during our visit.

Pros: Large portions, Great flavor , Huge menu

Cons: Small dinning room, Small beer selection

Wonderful - Edit

An excellent vegetarian restaurant with a good range of vegan choices. We went here for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed both the food and the ambience and returned the following day for lunch. The restaurant was busy, particularly during lunchtime, however on both occassions were able to get a table straight away, without booking. The two main rooms are very different from one another and I would recommend the smaller 'blue' room for dinner. The food was excellent, and I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant. The service was slightly slow during our lunchtime visit as the restaurant was full, although the wait was not excessive and the food was certainly worth the wait.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Non-Smoking

Cons: Speed of lunchtime service

Great vegan and vegetarian - Edit

Visited in september 2010. This was the best restaurant we visited in Prag! We ate a three course dinner and all four of us (two meaties, one vegetarian and one vegan) loved it.

We had to make a reservation to get a table.

Pros: good value, excellent food

Of its own class in Europe - Edit

Brilliant, cheap, popular. Extensive menu with so many stand out items it was hard to choose.

We didn't book a table but after waiting for 10 minutes we got a table for two.

Excellent restaurant - Edit

Went here on a Thursday night and hadn't booked but managed to get a table without waiting - presume it would be better to book on a weekend. The restaurant was packed (as were all the other veggie restaurants we went to that week - obviously a clear need for more veggie restaurants which is great) and was a nice romantic atmosphere. The food options were great and there were some vegan choices. We had the seitan risotto (vegan) and the tempeh pasta with spinach and mushrooms (veggie). The risotto was perfect, the pasta was a bit too heavy on the cream and was covered in a lot of parmesan so I would recommend asking for it without parmesan to try and keep it a bit healthier! Large portion size so we didn't need starters, sides or desserts. We did have a side of mixed bread which was lovely though. Good selection of fruit juices and also some good alcoholic options. Reasonable prices - we spent about £22 for two mains, two drinks and a large carafe of water. Recommended - can be difficult to find if you are walking south of Charles Bridge. We walked past the street and only found it walking back up the other way. Worth the finding though!

Pros: good food, great atmosphere, cheap for a romantic meal

Cons: food could be healthier with less cream, probably need to book

beautiful veggie haven - Edit

we booked in advance by e-mail (they do prefer you to book by phone though according to menu)table was reserved for us in the beautiful starry ceiling room. Restaraunt was very busy with a variety of people eating there, including locals, which is always a good sign. staff speak good english + menu is in english too. I had the Thai red curry my wife had couscous patties, both can be highly recommended. also recommended is the sahleb, a milky drink made from crushed roots. There is a definite relaxed vibe about Lehka Hlava with people staying + chatting long after they finish eating. dogs are allowed in the restaraunt, which adds to relaxed atmosphere, we were greated by an extremely soppy labrador/boxer cross from another table. Whilst this is not the cheapest veggie eatery, it is highlt recommended for a fun + satisfying evening meal experience.

Pros: great food, relaxed atmosphere, happy vibe

Cons: ., ., .

so good - Edit

was here may 2010. we ordered hummus, lentil soup, tempura pasta, and a stir fry. everything was huge portions, and so delicious! waitstaff was friendly. its a bit busy compared to other places so you may have to wait.

awesome! - Edit

this place was great. it has a cozy atmosphere and delicious food. i came here for dinner and had a lovely 3 course meal. the waitress was super nice. it is on a quiet little street so it's easy to miss. definitly check it out!

best in Prague - Edit

Probably the best vegetarian restaurant in Prague. If you want to eat here be sure to book in advance (they speak English so it's definitely OK to call even if you are a foreigner). Try "the small clear head" or "the big clear head", a selection of their dishes. The wine list is good, I really enjoy their red wines (especially the Californian one). If the restaurant is full, they ask you to go to Maitrea. The menu is similar and Maitrea is rally a valid alternative.

Pros: tasty food

Cons: booking is required

Fantastic - Edit

So glad I found this place on Happy Cow! Restaurant was fully booked even though it was a Tursday night, called to make a booking that day and they managed to fit us in later that evening. Restaurant is divided into 3 rooms with different themes, all very cosy. There us also one 2 seated in the hall way by the toilet- not a good place to sit. The menu is very extensive, with starters, salads, soups, pastas, main meals, teas, drinks and desserts. Vegan options are good and are marked on menu. The hummus was delicious, as was the Sundried tomato paste, and the stir fry that I had for my main meal was tasty and well spiced. The 2 meat eaters joining me had the burritos and enjoyed them immensly. There was not much on the dessert menu that was vegan but I was too full anyway! The waitress was very nice but a bit slow with drinks. All in all a wonderful experience!

Beautiful and delicious. Great place for a date! - Edit

Wow! Just wow! I travel about 200 days a year and have made it my personal mission to check out every Happy Cow restaurant that I can all around the globe (thank God for this site). So far I've seen a few, but this one is among the top 5 I've seen so far. The decor is enchanting, sublime and romantic. The food is excellent. And the vibe is friendly and relaxed. As other reviewers here have mentioned, make a reservation, is seems to always be busy. Take my advice, please, do not miss this place - you'll be glad you went.

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy cuisine, Extraordinary atmosphere.

Cons: Sometimes hard to get a table

A Very Special Place - Edit

Everything about this place is wonderful - a great menu with plenty of interesting choices, REALLY delicious food, incredibly friendly, helpful staff and good atmosphere. Perfect place to spend an evening in lovely Prague. But I also wish there was one in my town!!!

I wish this place was in my town instead of prague - Edit

...i would be a regular visitor, it is a lovely place, very nice environment, delicious food, fast service, large enought portions (unlike it's sister restaurant Maitrea), just perfect:):):)make sure you book in advance, as its VERY busy.

Lovely restaurant for a romantic dinner! - Edit

We were so happy to find this amazing restaurant. There are three rooms and they all have a different theme and all the decor was designed by their friends. They have heaps of vegan options. We went there in Aug 09 for dinner on two evenings. I had the barley risotto and the stir fry dish which were both great. Matt had the red curry and he really enjoyed that. For starter, we had the sundried tomato and peanut pesto - that was excellent and it was served with yummy bread. We also shared a dessert which was a carrot cake served warm with soy custard/sauce. It was pretty good. I'd definitely recommend this place.

Pros: excellent vegan options, lovely decor, reasonably priced

Cons: Book a table cos it's really popular!

I'll be back! - Edit

*Make reservation to be sure to get a table.
*Friendly and service minded staff.
*Unusual decor but not really for me, it was too dark and I like to se what I'm eating.
*Good vegan food and wines.
*Deserves a visit!

Great! - Edit

I went without a reservation, which turned out to be a bad idea, they were full with reservations. However, they said I could eat there provided I finished my meal within an hour. I'm very glad that they were so helpful, as the food was really very good, and the atmosphere was great. Next time in Prague, I will definitely go here again, but I will make sure to get a reservation.

Pros: good, inventive dishes, friendly staff, lovely atmosphere

Cons: location was hard to find

Creative vegetarian cuisine - Edit

Creative and delicious dishes -- not a run of the mill type of place. Given the experience, I would say excellent value. Different themed rooms add to the atmosphere. Popular, so reservations needed.

Pros: creative, delicious, atmosphere

Cons: popular

Wonderful - Edit

Myself & my partner went here on sunday just gone.
I would recommend to book ahead as it was busy. I booked ahead via the email on their website. I booked the star room which was very atmospheric. The food & service was excellent.

Pros: great food, excellent service, atmospheric

Best in Town! - Edit

In a recent visit to Prague I and my girlfriend had the chance to visit the "Clear Head" restaurant for lunch. Although the portions were not that big, the food was definitely great and I could say it is one of the best veggie restaurants I have been!!! Plus the nice atmosphere and the friendly (English speaking) staff turned the visit
into a very pleasant experience. Would go to Prague just to have this delicious meal again! :-) Make sure you have a map to find it and as other people have advised before, a reservation might be a good idea. We have also been at the Radost but it was not as good as the Clear Head.

Pros: Great food!, Nice Atmosphere, Vegan Friendly

Well worth visit - Edit

Having read previous reviews booked a table for our last night. Friendly waitress led us into an atmospheric front room. Food was excellent. Oriental stir fry for me; grilled goats cheese on bed of spinach for partner. Portions small compared with other restaurants in Prague, but big enough to satisfy and yet leave space for dessert. The Italian pannacotta was to die for. Partners carrot cake came in two big portions. I offered to help her eat some of it. What a task! All washed down with a very nice glass of wine. a relaxed, friendly eating experience. On our list of 'must visit again' restaurants.

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent food, Relaxed surroundings

Cons: Having to remember to book, Hidden away

Great Design - Edit

The portions are little bit smaller then what I have read here. Everything tasted great and the design of the place is beautiful. We were waiting for a meal pretty long time about 45 minutes so be ready to spend some time here but its worth your time. Also make sure you have RESERVATION !!!
We didn't had one but got lucky with one last table. ;o)I had the tempeh coctail and the white creamy bean soup delicious. Next time I will visit Prague I will definatelly go to Lehka Hlava.

Pros: Food Quality, Design

Cons: Meal Size, Waiting time

Geat restaurant - Edit

Great restaurant and fantastic value for money. Best meal we had in Prague AND the lowest price. Very popular so booking is recommended. While we were their we saw people turned away as it was full!!!
Starters are large so can do 2 and the main courses are substantial. Staff were very helpful and all spoke English. Very taste with lots of choice. Will certainly visit again on our next visit.

Pros: Tasty food, Price, Service

Cons: Booking recommended, Lttle difficult to find in a side street

Good find - Edit

Especially in city w/minimal veg food, this is a great find. Nice atmosphere. The food was really good and the service was nice (especially for Prague). Just back from 3 weeks in Europe, so really don't recall much detail. Just recall the portions were good size and the food was delicious.

yum - Edit

i ate at lehka hlava when i was in prague and i must say, it was a pleasant alternative to standard czech food. the food was delicious - i got the bulgar risotto, the vegetables were crisp and fresh tasting and the overall meal was very light, though it was a large portion. i felt good afterwards, not sluggy like i sometimes feel after a restaurant dinner. dessert was great also - i had the carrot cake and my boyfriend had the custard with chocolate, both delicious!! i would definitely go back.

Pros: healthy, reasonably priced, tasted fresh!

Cons: no tap water >:(

Great food, cheap prices. - Edit

This was our favorite restaurant on our trip. We ate a two-meal lunch for about 4 euro each. We had a cauliflower soup and a sproutburger with a pumpkin purée and it tasted really good. The interior was fashionable and original. Strongly recomend this place!

Pros: Taste, Low prices, Cool design

Cons: -, -, -

Not very good really.... - Edit

We ate here in June 08. We'd read elsewhere about how good it was. In fact, it isn't. Okay, if you are vegetarian and in prague then you don't have a lot of choice, but we were led to expect this was something special. In reality the place is small and studenty, the waitress surly and perfunctory, the food passable but not great. Mainly mexican-type - burritos etc - but not done as well as a mexican. The starters were just peculiar - a weird aubergine pate was just acidic and oniony - served with hard lumps of bread. Both mains were very cheese-heavy and bland tasting. Beer (bottled) was unchilled and so warm. Atmosphere is non-existent. Very disappointing. You won't go hungry, but it won't be a treat either. Last visit we went to Radost and it was much, much better.

service hit or miss - Edit

Some of the service we had was not very good (could just be a bad day for the server), but also some of the service was quite good.
Small number of vegan options - they are clearly indicated on the menu.
The food was good.

Pros: food

Cons: service

Best in Prague - Edit

This is with no hesitation the best place in Prague. We came back there four times in a single week!!
The decoration is beautiful and peaceful, the menu elaborates on the ingridiants of all dishes in English (plus vegan / vegan-option marks), the staff is friendly and English speaking, the food itself is excellent and healthy. On top of everything else - it's all very well priced. We hardly never passed the 18 Euro line for a two-course meal for two people, including wine!
It is true that out of a very wide menu there are only reletivly few vegan options - but each and every one of them is really good (the spinach and tampa pasta is highly recommended).

Pros: Briliant food, welcoming staff, good value

Excellent place - Edit

I (mostly vegan)went to Prague the week end before Christmas with my husband(veggie) and four omni friends. I persuaded them to try Clear Head the first night. We booked in the morning as with six of us it seemed a good idea. We were in a cozy room just inside the entrance. The price was very reasonable, the choice good and the food excellent. The service was also very friendly. Everyone really enjoyed the evening and the food. The next night we went to an Indian restaurant which cost three times as much and had no vegan food as all was cooked in ghee. Surprisingly the next night my friends suggested we go back to Clear Head. We didn't book as it was a Monday and we planned to eat very early (17.00) we only just got squeezed in so ALWAYS book. Hope to go back next time we visit Prague.

Pros: Good food, friendly service, no smoking

Cons: Need to book in advance

Turned-down twice in a row! - Edit

Good location near Narodni Divadlo. It has always been hard to find veggie food near this area. We used to live in Prague and are totally loyal to Albio, but we decided to try Lehka hlava for a change.
We were extremely disappointed when the restaurant closed early when we first tried to go there for dinner. (We were starving vegans and they couldn't offer us ANYTHING to eat!) We really lost it when they couldn't accommodate us (only two people!) the next night because they were expecting some Buddhist leaders to come and eat. I understand that it's not typical in the CR to wait for a table if a restaurant is full, but it's hard to believe they couldn't make room for just the two of us!
When we finally got to eat there at lunch, the food was great, but it wasn't worth the strife. If you are traveling and want a sure thing after you trek all over the city looking for a vegan meal, don't depend on Lehka hlava. Try making a reservation, perhaps?

Pros: Food

Cons: Closed before posted time, Opened after posted time, Not accommodating during busy hours

happy again! - Edit

I don't know what it is for me but all is well when i am in a vegetarian atmosphere. I followed a vegan diet for several years and usually try to be more veggy than anything. You always feel at home in a good place like that.

But I have to admit that I was really not impressed by the taste and texture of the coconut soup or the tofu salad. The dressing was tofu as well but was wayyy to salty for my taste. Maybe I had expectations.. I don't know but I was not feeling the food I ordered. Good portions.
I would go back though cause surely there are other menu items with taste.
The service was Excellent and Atmostphere perfect for what I needed!. Good fresh tea and very resonable price.

O an location.. make sure to take the address with you because it's on a little side street that's not on most maps.. so whereever you think it is.. its pretty much around back.. just walk around there it's beautiful anyway.. and you will find it!

Pros: Atmosphere, Service, Portions

Cons: Flavour

Love it! - Edit

We loved Clear Head so much we ate there twice in one day!! Lunch was in the orange room - if it's a remotely miserable Prague day make sure you have either the hot apple or pear juice! Good soups, really nice surroundings and from certain parts of the restaurant you can view the kitchen. My friend's salad tasted slightly 'on the turn' and the chhef was only too happy (and quick!) to make a replacement. Seitan risotto was fantastic - wish we were staying longer so we could have gone back! If you want to go in the evening you'd be advised to book as it can get full fairly quickly.

Pros: Great food, Good atmosphere, really helpful staff

clear head, empty stomach - Edit

Unfortunately they wouldn't serve us, since they close in the afternoons despite their signage and website claiming otherwise. We went out of our way to eat here only to be met with a cold welcome and insistence that they weren't open between lunch and dinner hours. We understood that the warm food section would be closed but they wouldn't offer us anything. So be warned, although they might say they are open there's a good chance they might just decide not to serve you.

Pros: none

Cons: service, a little further afield

Jaydip Dear Lucas,
I am Martin, owner of the Lehka Hlava - Clear Head Restaurant.
I am sorry for what happened to you. I think there must have been some misunderstanding. My idea of what might happen is that we did last week (on Tuesday) a celebration party for the staff and really closed for public from afternoon till midnight. This happened for the 3 times from the time we opened 2 years ago, otherwise we are open every day 11.30 till 23.30 with a warm kitchen pause from 15.30-17.00. Could you please tell me the exact date when this unpleasant event happened to you? If you hit the Tuesday I am sorry for misunderstanding in our explanation. In other case I can check with my staff, what was the reason for their behavior and prevent similar things in future.

Thank you for your effort in letting us know.
With respect
Martin

Great place - Edit

We found this resturant (eventually), through this website. Really glad we didn, we actually went back a few times, each time the food was great. Lovely ceiling too!

Can be tricky to find but, do try - you won't be disappointed!

Pros: great food, helpful staff, great value

Cons: difficult to find

What a gem (August 2007) - Edit

Found this place from this site and it was brilliant. Food & drink excellent. One member of party not vegetarian but she really enjoyed her choice. Best place we found during the whole of our 5 day trip. Highly recommended

Pros: really cheap, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

A clear head and a very happy, full tummy! - Edit

This place is truly exceptional and I wish it could be transplanted to New York (and given the wealth of great vegetraian cuisine here, that is high praise!) Reservations are definitely [and justifiably] recommended. Nice staff, beautiful & distinctive decor, and the food is fresh, bountiful, delicious and cheeeeep--a two-course dinner plus the absolutely SUBLIME drink-that-eats-like-a-meal "Aztec Hot Chocolate" ran about $12 USD total. What a gem--AND I discovered it through this very site!

Pros: fabulous & flavourful, inexpensive,huge portions, close to many attractions

Cons: easy to miss, reservations recommended

Clear Head April 2007 - Edit

A weekend in Prague and a visit to the famous Clear Head restaurant. I loved it and so did my partner. For a grand total of 20GBP we ate two good sized mains, 2 sides, 2 drinks and 2 desserts. I knew Prague was cheap but the standard of food put Veggie London to shame. I doubt we could have eaten so well in London for double that amount of money.

If you're in Prague, definately do mot miss Clear Head.

Pros: friendly, ambience, cost

Fantastic food!! - Edit

We went here for dinner and had a fastastic "South American" themed meal. We were seated in the blue starlight room, the waiting staff were friendly and spoke some english, and we had an appetiser, starter, main, desert, coffee and a bottle of wine for about £10/head. Food was beautifully presented, quickly prepared and delicious. We liked it so much we went back the next night to try the regular menu. Wonderful place, you must try it if you are in Prague! We didnt make reservations on either Saturday or Sunday, but were easily fitted in.

Pros: Excellent Food, Great value, Nice staff

Very friendly - Edit

Nice place with a modern yet earthy atmosphere. The waiter was really nice and spoke such good english I thought he was from the states. The menu doesn't have a ton of vegan options, but what they have is clearly marked. I went to the brunch buffet on Sunday too, and the was delicious and had lots of vegan options.

Pros: Really nice staff, Vegan options marked, Nice atmosphere

Great little place! - Edit

We arrived an hour late, due to me getting the time of our reservation wrong. Staff were apologetic and helpful, despite it being my mistake, and managed to fit us in. We really enjoyed the food, and there was a good range of clearly marked vegan dishes and vegan options. Delightful ambience, and a good range of drinks too. Good sized portions - we were too full for pudding - and incredible value. If you're going to Prague, you should eat here - we'll be doing so the next time we're there!

Pros: lovely staff, delicious food, perfect for vegans

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Clear Head - Lehka Hlava closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 21380 times since Aug 2007.