First Review by MaurycyBrowar

The Best Indian Cuisine in Tallinn - Edit

Chakra was a relatively new name for me in Tallinn, but on the basis of my experience I am well impressed with the restaurant. Chakra definitely challenges my earlier favorite Elevant in the market of vegan-friendly Indian food in Tallinn!

The staff was helpful when inquiring about the vegan options, and I got myself lentil soup and shared a basket of different Indian breads (delicious, must say). The menu is rich in plant-based options, and especially the curries seemed tempting.

In comparison to Elevant, I liked the atmosphere in Chakra somehow better. The music and decor was more authentic, and the location in a basement was cozy in the evening. I am also looking forward to test the terrace area in the summer. :)

Pros: Vegan-friendly, Good variety of options, Atmosphere

Cons: Hidden location, Often needs a reservation, Bread not included

Above average Indian restaurant - Edit

Have eaten here on many occasions. It's an up class Indian restaurant. Maybe a bit more expensive than average in Tallinn. The place has never been full so service has been relatively fast, or let's say that the kitchen is fast but the waiters not, but they all speak English which is nice.
They have a few vegan dishes, but none of them are very hot(they have a rating of 1-3 for hotness, and the hottest vegan dish is marked with 2 chillies). I mentioned about this last time, and maybe they can make it hotter for you if you ask.
I have never had any complaints about the food nor about anything else at this place. Like it when I still ate meat and I like it now as a vegan.
And yes, no vegan desserts as far as I rember also.
The curries and the briyani was good.

Pros: Taste, Atmosphere, Clean and everything works

Cons: Price

Yes, we will be back! - Edit

Now on the regular list when visiting Tallinn.

When the basics such as Papadams and Raita are something that you begin to discuss and appreciate when food starts to arrive at the table, we consider it a sign that we clearly enjoy the food. Then add to this three simple yet tasty items, Plum jam, Mint and Chilli sauce, not ordered or on the menu, but provided to nicely accompany the meal, it's easy to forget to mention the rest of what we enjoyed. After this visit we left very satisfied and can recommend the Vegetable Samosa, Channa Masala and Chakras Shahi Panneer.

The restaurant is in the Old Town of Tallinn in a cosy (and warm in cooler months) location that is relaxed yet fancy at the same time. Dress casual or dress up and you will feel comfortable.

Left feeling so full. Just couldn't stop eating.

Pros: Tasty food., Friendly service.

Cons: Be patient. Food will be worth the wait.

Awesome - Edit

They serve indian cuisine. the food is very tasty. there are plenty of vegan options. the beautiful backyard makes it possible to relax in the heart of Tallinn.
Unfortunately they have no vegan desserts.

Pros: backyard, taste, toilets

Cons: no vegan desserts

Return to Tallinn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chakra closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2286 times since Jul 2013.