Cafe Yumm

Contact 541-757-9866

2001 NW Monroe Ave Ste 109, Corvallis, Oregon, USA, 97330

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chain of quick service restaurants in the Pacific Northwest, this one est. Jul 2008. Offers bowls, sandwiches, salads, wraps, breakfast; has tempeh and tofu. Signature dish is the Yumm bowl which comes with choice of brown or jasmine rice, beans, and topped with sauce, salsa, veggies, and dairy - ask to make your bowl vegan, and kitchen will substitute cheese/cream for avocado or veggies. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by MesaChelli

tasty sauce - Edit

I had the yumm and greens plate with a side of bbq tofu. It was nice to have vegan options. make sure you ask for vegan to avoid sourcream and cheese being added. bbq tofu was great. nice texture and flavor. Vegan ginger cookie was moist and delicious.

Pros: vegan options, decent prices

Delicious!!! - Edit

We don't have Cafe Yumms where I live in VA, but a friend had told me to be on the lookout when visiting Oregon. What a great place! My vegan original bowl was scrumptious and filling. I ordered a medium and it was plenty. My server offered extra avocado since I wasn't getting the dairy - what a rarity! Everything was delicious and I wish we had them back home.

Pros: lots of vegan options

They have a vegan button on the cash register! - Edit

This place has many vegan options, and if you want to veganize a menu item, they even have a vegan button on the register to make sure it gets through to the cooks. They are great about subbing avocado for cheese and other such accommodations, with no extra charge. The Yumm sauces we sampled were tasty--the tempeh was sadly a little bland so I might opt for something else on the menu.

This is a local franchise that started in Eugene. I'm looking forward to more locations across Oregon.

Pros: reasonable prices, many vegan options, environmentally friendly

Cons: tempeh a little bland, would like bowl options without rice

Best veggie food in Corvallis - Edit

Cafe Yumm is the best! It's easy to take non-vegetarian people here because they can choose from meat options, but it is also very easy to get vegetarian and vegan choices as well. When a restaurant makes a point of listing what sauces are vegan on their menu I feel like I can trust them to really keep my food vegetarian and meat products away. The food is really unique, based on a standard bean and rice combo, but with a twist of a tahini based sauce thrown in.

I'm not sure why happy cow won't allow me to rate this as a 5, but if I could then I would.

Pros: Great food, Nice atmoshpere for a chain type palce, Lots of choices

Soul-satisfying fast food - Edit

We consult Happy Cow before we travel anywhere! We also tell every establishment we discover through this website how we learned of their existence. Passing through Corvallis for the first time, we elected to visit Cafe Yumm for a nosh. Good choice. One employee, sensing our newbie vibe, gave explanations and suggestions to guide us; I got the sense he enjoys the food himself. My Chilean Zucchini Yumm! Bowl was totally satisfying, with many organic ingredients, including OG brown rice and salsa. Lots of vegetarian options (they do love their local Tillamook cheddar); bowls, wraps, sandwiches, soups, salads--all read delicious. Meat and fish (and lots of dairy) are on the menu, but a person can still specify vegan choices and be very, very happy. The foundation of this restaurant's menu is beans and rice. The founder's philosophy is to promote soul satisfying and deeply nourishing food. A great idea.

Return to Corvallis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Yumm closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1567 times since Sep 2008.