CLOSED: Cafe Topinambour

Contact 042-505-6837

1-16-12, Naka, Tokyo, Japan,

Small vegan macrobiotic restaurant, located in Kunitachi station on Chuo Line, 30 minutes from Shinjuku. Has English homepage. Also serves vegan desserts. 2015 REPORTED SHUT, CONFIRMED BY ITS WEBPAGE. Open Wed-Thu 11:30am-7:00pm, Fri-Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Macrobiotic

First Review by jordanwyn

One of my favorites in Tokyo - Edit

I love this place and it's one my favorite vegan restaurants in Tokyo! The atmosphere is very relaxing and inspiring. The food is fabulous! I went during lunch and had the vegetable plate several course meal. Amazing! Beautiful place, incredible food and friendly staff.

Delicious food, amazing atmosphere - Edit

Cafe Topinambour is in a beautifully maintained, old-style Japanese house about a 7 minute walk from Kunitachi Station. You have the option of sitting in a Western-style or a tatami room for your meal, depending on what's available. Extensive selection of daily specials and desserts. I got the tofu quiche and my friend got the Japanese set, both of which were delicious. We sat in front of the big windows looking out onto the porch and the perfectly manicured Japanese garden. Very reasonably priced for what you got and didn't take long (maybe 30 minutes) to get our lunch despite the house being full. Took about 45 minutes to reach the restaurant from Central Tokyo but I would make the trip again in a heartbeat.

Pros: Atmosphere, Food, Price

Cons: Distance from the city

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cafe Topinambour closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.