First Review by backpasher

Great fake meats! - Edit

I went both to the Kunitachi and the Roppongi location. The Kunitachi restaurant's interiors are not as nice as the one in Roppongi, but the food is just as delicious and it is not so crowded. I ordered the Spring Roles, Ebi Fry and Taiwanese Beer, all very good. I will definitely eat there again. Most of the food is vegan, there are only a few non-vegan meals and they are clearly marked on the menu. The restaurant is not very hard to find as the entrance is from the main street and there are signs (also in English). You should look for 台湾 (or was it 臺灣 ?) on the window.

Updated from previous review on Sunday November 30, 2014
Ordered snowfish the other day and it was delicious!
Updated from previous review on Saturday December 13, 2014

Edit: Menu has changed, remember to double check whether your dish is vegan!

Pros: Food

Cons: Interior

decent prices, nice staff, yummy food - Edit

This place does Taiwan-style vegetarian, with many mock-meat dishes. There's also some Japanese-style dishes and the set meals are good value. The staff I dealt with spoke Japanese and Mandarin, but the menu has English. The bubble tea is great. I'm vegetarian, but I think they must be very vegan-friendly because they asked multiple times if I was OK with milk in the bubble tea. They also sell several vegetarian ingredients, teas and snacks.

Pros: yummy food, nice staff, considerate of dietary requirements

Cons: no cons!

Large menu of vegetarian food! - Edit

This place has soooo many options to choose from! The menu is long! I have been here a couple of times and have always enjoyed it. It is in a cute little college town area of Kunitachi and not too far from the train stop. Great little place.

Pros: moderate price, large menu

Hard to come by vegetarian chinese food! - Edit

I breathed a sigh of relief when I discovered naka-ichi/chien-fu! Vegetarian chinese food is hard to come by in Japan, so I am a regular visitor when I need my fix. They have an extensive menu, mostly listed by type of "meat" as they rely heavily on mock meats. They also have great ramen and their spring rolls are delicious. Prices are reasonable, with daily set menu deals that are great value. They also stock a large selection of soy products, vegetarian meats, instant noodles etc.

Pros: Vegetarian chinese food!, Veggie supplies, Good value

Cons: Can be a bit empty, not much atmosphere

Every time I go to Nagoya, I visit Chien-Fu - Edit

This place is really great. It is 100% vegetarian and almost entirely vegan (some of the desserts have milk in them) so it is both delicious and easy dining for vegos!!

I went with veggie friends and we liked the food so much that we kept on ordering, just to sample as much as possible.

The portions aren't huge, but it's inexpensive so you can afford to order several things without spending a huge amount.

Their Ma Po Eggplant dishes are delectable, as is their Chow Mein, Fried "chicken" and noodle soups.

They also sell veggie products include soy meat and noodle soups (with veggie flavours included).

If you get to Kamimaezu Station in Nagoya, take exit 9 and head towards the Osu 301 building - in the arcade that runs all the way from near Osu Kannon Station. It's on the 3rd floor.

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chien-Fu - Kunitachi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2301 times since Aug 2007.