Cafe N

• Vegan
Contact 32156852

Blagardsgade 17, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2200 N

Little cafe and coffee shop, switched to all-vegan Jan 2016. Offers daily salads plus sandwiches, cakes, organic beer selection. Closes January first 2 weeks.

Category: Vegan, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Danish

First Review by Charlotte

Fine, but... - Edit

Does it make sense to say that there are just too many options (that are similar)? I've been here several times, and while it's fine, it's not that special. I would have preferred if there were less options available, and they improved the flavors on those fewer dishes.

My juice had waaaaaay too much ginger, it was burning really bad.

It just feels a little like it's lacking the love. Sadly.

Pros: All vegan

Cons: May be hard to get a seat, Food not great

tasty - Edit

We had our last dinner of our trip here and were not disappointed. The place was hopping and packed. There's tables inside and outside and we got one right by the front order counter. We ordered the seitan sandwich, lasagna and fries with mayo along with chocolate mousse. The cashier/server was very friendly, but had to start turning people away as they were running out of food. This caused a delay in getting our meals, but she also gave us free date balls as compensation. The food, once it arrived, was delicious. We are so glad we went and were able to order in time to get served. Go early!

Pros: now all vegan, nice staff, tasty

Great place! - Edit

I am so glad that I visited this place. Super-nice atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious food.
I had a Burger menu (includes burger, salad, french fries both potatoes and sweet potatoes and vegan mayo), Ketchup free. For dessert - chocolate mousse - this was the most delicious chocolate mousse I've ever had including non-vegan versions before.
Prices are reasonable.
Interesting music on the background.
I might go back if I am in the area :)

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-19

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Relaxing atmosphere

the burger menu and desssert was super delicious - Edit

I had the burger menu wich was super delicious and more than enough,even if I was very hungry.
I couldn't resist of a dessert even I was pretty full and had the chocolate mousse and a dadelkugler. both was great again.
also the price is totally o.k. (apart from the chocolate mousse - for the price it could be a lot more not just such a tiny bowl)
in any case I would come again and definitely will recommend it!

very nice! - Edit

We were having a breakfast here with two kids. Very good sandwiches, juices and yogurt/musli. French press coffee was perfect!

Employee entertained our 2 year old and athmosphere was most welcoming. Will definetely recommend!

Cosy cafe with amazing food - Edit

I love Cafe N.
Probably my all time favorite cafe in cph. It's super cosy, and the food is always great. I love the Cafe N plate, the Snack plate and the burger. It's on the small side so sometimes it's a good idea to book ahead if you're going for dinner or in the weekdays. In the summer time there are also seating outside.
It's also great value :)

Pros: Food, Cosy, Value

Cons: Small

A superb vegan restaurant - Edit

I visited here from England just a couple of weekends ago - great spot. Very relaxed. Wonderful staff. Great and varied menu. Everything was delicious and well priced too. Give it a try!

Pros: Delicious varied menu, Super friendly staff, Great atmosphere

The fourth star 4 the Wonderful Cozy Place - Edit

No doubt, it's very tiny, but charming, relaxed & cozy. Had a 'Veggedelletallerken' and there was room 4 improvement here. The Tzatziki was fine and the salat was nice, crispy and tasty. The 2 'Veggedeller' was rather tasteless and had the wrong shape, sorry but flat & round, no way. The Oven-Roasted-Root-Veggies was a tad burned, looked like they had been pre-cooked and got the extra tan (as in too much) from second trip 2 the oven, but the taste was still fine. Presentation on the plate was messy and there was 2 whole green olives in my friends tzatziki, by mistake I presume ?

Pros: Super Cozy, Nice Staff, Everything R Vegan

Cons: Messy looking kitchen

Most favorite vegan cafe! - Edit

Everything they serve is perfect for my taste buds ;) The prices are reasonable for the amount of food and it's very cozy. Loved this place even before it was vegan!

Pros: Everything is vegan!, Not too expensive, VERY tasty food

Cons: It's so popular that sometimes it's impossible to

Best All-Vegan Café in town - Edit

Charming little cafe/restaurant in the hip part of Nørrebro with other quaint little cafés and shops. I have always left Café N feeling completely satisfied. They make such rich juices as well and everything is made fresh and nothing comes from plastic containers!

Pros: Nice Staff, Cozy, Great food

Cons: Tiny

Best vegan place in town! - Edit

Café N is an oasis in the little vegan friendly Copenhagen. Large menue with delicious warm & cold foods, including sandwiches, burgers, salads, breakfast & brunch and cakes. I love the atmosphere of the place, its very cozy, warm and guest always feel welcomed by friendly staff and engaged owner. The food is of very good quality!

Pros: High quality foods, good value, Friendly staff

Great place - Edit

Allan, the owner, started the cafe 8 years ago where it served lacto vegetarian food and had vegan options. I have heard only good things about this place. Often my friends would meet up and have lunch or dinner and would call it the best vegan friendly place in town. It seems to be very popular too that it can get very busy. I recall one evening, about 6 of us wanted to eat dinner but it was packed and so we had to leave. There are indoor seating for about 20-30 people and outdoor another 4 could be accommodated.

The Cafe has taken a scintillating  turn this year: it has gone 100% Vegan since Jan 2016 with all dairy products replaced. They have a variety of milk alternatives offered with one that I have never heard off before: Chufa Milk. Sounds so http://www.happycow.net/reviews/cafe-n-copenhagen-19002unique. The cafe makes it themselves along with almond milk.  They also have  store bought cachew, rice and oat milks.

I got to taste the lentil soup with their delicious home made Rye nut bread which was so soft. They play interesting and calm music that seems quite foreign.

My 1st experience at Cafe N was just splendid. I always heard it was a vegetarian place and when I walked in and they said everything was vegan, I was estatic. I definitely recommend it. It deserves 5 stars.
Updated from previous review on Friday January 22, 2016

Pros: 100% Vegan, Interesting Music

Cons: Expensive , Limited Space

Something missing - Edit

Nice try! But not quite Close enough. Are you Organic or not? Could'nt get a straight answer. The Mayo had No flavour...the potato fries were okay nice. the burger was a little small and a little boring...dry. The place needs an Up grade overall. I did'nt leave with the feeling of geting some extra value for My money. They could easely level Up.

Pros: Good Intentions.

Cons: To dry.

BEST BURGER! - Edit

We were in Copenhagen for only a day, on a flight stop over. I am so glad I decided to eat at Cafe N out of the many vegan restaurants/cafes that Copenhagen has to offer.
The cafe itself is small and cozy with a lovely atmosphere, staff are lovely but what truly makes it magnificent is the food of coarse! I ordered the vegan burger and it was FAR OUT so delicious! Super filling, with beautiful ingredients ~ couldn't be happier! One of the healthier vegan burgers I've tried, and definitely the best :D
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Pros: Delicious food, Well priced, Good location

No words - Edit

I literally have no words for this place because it is beyond AMAZING.
Thier vegan burger menu is just perfect! It's very cheap comparing to the amount of food, and overall just a very cozy place.

Pros: cheap

Cons: small place

cool place with good food - Edit

Cafe N is one of my favorite places to eat in Copenhagen ! They have really great food and a nice and relaxed atmosphere ! A must to try is their burger with fries and the chocolate mousse !

Good food - Edit

I got a vegan burger and it was so good! It didn't take that much time waiting for the burger. The staff is very nice but some of them do only speak english. The price is okay, like I got the burger for 49DKK so it's okay. And the place is very nice. It can be hard to find the cafe if you visit it for the first time, but just look after the letter N.

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent food

Great atmosphere and food - Edit

Love this place, always feel welcome. Friday there's a cheap and delicious set dinner option (folkekøkken, vegan when I was there) and the kitchen closes a bit earlier. The vegan snack platter is also wonderful. This is a place with a heart.

Pros: welcoming, relaxed atmosphere, tasty food, many vegan options

My Favourite! - Edit

This place is one of my favorites. I live in Copenhagen and have many opportunities to explore veggie food, but I usually end up here. Why? The food they serve is (mostly vegan) delicious, satisfying and colorful (!). Not to mention, they have cozy interior. Make sure you ask for vegan options, since they use egg and cheese in some of their dishes.

Pros: moderate price, majestic plates, delicous, cozy.

Cons: tiny place, some food is quite greasy.

Very cozy, very tasty! - Edit

We crossed Cafe N by accident, because we first thought it only served breakfast and lunch, but it also appared to have very good dinners! It is a very cozy place, quite small, but with al lovely terrace. The service was friendly and quick. We ordered all different kind of plates and shared a lot. Everything was tasty, especially the root fries and the desserts (chocolate mousse and bananacake). They use fresh ingredients and you can really taste that. Some things were a little bit to salty, like the fried tempeh. But over all I would really recommend this place!

Pros: Inexpensive, Good service, Tasty food!

Cons: Nothing

On the Block - Edit

A real Bronx-Hipster place in the city.
Really lovely in the summertime with the outdoor seatings where you can feel the good Nørrebronx vibes around you.
Ive been there quite a few times and the staff are always very friendly.
I find the food a little bit greasy, so if you are in for a clean healthy kick, this is not the place to go.
But if you are looking for a place where you will get good value and a big plate, this is definitely the place to go.
I also wish that the "fresh" juice infact was freshmade on the spot. But it seems that they are making them in the morning and put it on a can for the day.
As a vegan it is also a lttle thumbs down that I now twice, have tried to order something vegan, fx a brunch, but still get it with something non-vegan on my plate, for instance some cow-based tzatziki

But all-in-all this is a nice place with vegan options!

Happening Veg Cafe - Edit

This veg cafe is located on a happening cobblestone street in Copenhagen. We sat outdoors and got treated to outdoor musicians who were playing across the street outside a music store - the guitarist/singer was among the best musician we have ever heard anywhere (and we travel a lot). The veggie platters of tofu and hummus and veggie burger served with fruit sides were so delicious and the service was unbelievably fast. Highly recommend this cafe.

Pros: Outdoor Seating, Delicious Food, Quick and Attentive Service

Cozy and friendly cafe - Edit

Cafe N is a small, but very cozy cafe. Their menu options include a vegan brunch plate, a Cafe N plate, a burger and a sandwiches. All their vegan options are marked with a "v"-symbol on their menu. The food is pretty good and the staff very friendly. It is recommended for a visit.

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly staff, Cozy atmosphere

Worth the trip! - Edit

It was a bit difficult for me to find this place, but once I did it was so worth it! A huge veggie brunch served by friendly staff in a cafe full of warmth and good vibes.
They also make delicious coffee.
I didn't want to leave but it is a small place and my table was in high demand.

Pros: Delicious, filling food, Friendly staff and customers, Reasonable prices

Cons: Hard to locate

Excellent - Edit

Really enjoyed the Vegan brunch, it changes every day so you get different dips and fruit. Has sandwiches and platters, really nice staff. Fast service. Seating indoors and outdoors. Varied food. Highly recommendable.

Pros: Quality, Price, Staff

Good and affordable - Edit

If you want to try all the salads of the day, they have a platter with all of them plus lots of veggies; Pretty substantial and it will surely fill your belly- tasty and healthy too. The tofu sandwich is simple and filling. Everything vegan is clearly marked on the menu and the waiters can answer your vegan questions with a smile.

Good stuff!

Pros: big portions, affirdable, nice people

Cons: small indoors

Cozy cafe with a few tasty vegan options - Edit

Nice cozy cafe with some vegan options. I tried the Vegan Brunch plate as well as the Vegan Sandwich, both of which were very tasty and fulfilling. They did also have some vegan cakes and desserts but I didn't try any of them.

The English was okay, I was there twice and the first time I had a bit of a hard time to get understood but the second time it was no problem. The service was quite fast even though there was a lot of people there and not that much staff.

It has outdoor seating as well as indoor seating. The prices are quite low. It's located on a very nice street in Copenhagen only a couple minutes away from Copenhagen center. All in all it's a very nice cafe and if I ever visit Copenhagen again I will definitely return!

Pros: Good food, cozy, friendly staff

Cons: Not a great variety of food for vegans

Cool cafe, good location - Edit

All vegetarian menu was great. There were a few vegan options which were helpfully marked as "vegansk". The servers were friendly and helped us out in English too.
We ordered the vegan brunch and mixed plate - both were fresh, tasty and delicious.
Cute outdoor and indoor seating; we'll definitely be back!

Pros: Vegan food items clearly labelled, Clean, cute environment, Relaxed atmosphere

Cons: Reggae music overkill, Could do with a couple more vegan items

nice cozy option - Edit

very tasty food at a good price. ive only been there a few times and had the set menu each of those times, but i was very satified with the food although portions were rather small. Food comes our very quick. Nice atmosphere inside, but a bit cramped. The tables outside are nice and they provide blankets in case its a bit chilly. I know its denmark and everyone smokes, but it would be nice if you could enjoy your meal without 10 people chainsmoking around you. Overall though I would recommend this cafe and will definately go back.

Pros: cheap, quick

Cons: cramped, small portions

Great veggie food - Edit

Really good, fresh food and a nice atmosphere. Was pretty packed but we got a table soon enough (they do take reservations so it's a good idea to make one if you can). We enjoyed the fried roots (like french fries but also made of beets) and the veggie balls as well as the specials. Located in a lovely area of Copenhagen on a very cool street. My only complaint is that I asked for hummus instead tzakiki (it's not vegan) and ended up with a huge glob tzakiki and hardly any hummus. They're a little understaffed and the staff is extremely busy so be sure they take note of any substitutions!

Pros: great food, all vegetarian, nice atmosphere

Not so good for vegans - Edit

We went there for coffee and cakes on a saturday afternoon and they had no soymilk, only a piece of vegan cake (not that inviting) and some chocolate little balls. We just went away...

Pros: cosy

Cons: not much vegan friendly

Nice place and good food - Edit

I like this place because is cozy. I noticed that every day the flowers which adorn the tables are changed, so every day has a different type of flower.
Here, the first time, I took only a chai tea with soy milk. It was very good.
The second time I took a menu which included: a sandwich with a soy hamburger, vegetables, mustard and sunflower seeds; a portion of chips and an orange juice. Everything was very good. This menu costs around 75 kr (13 $, 11 euros).
Anyway the place has a soup of the day (on friday it costs 25 kr) and the menus vary from weeks to weeks.
So in general is a good place to take a brunch break or a coffee break. It's situated in the Norrebro area, so in the center of Cph.

Pros: Food quality, The place, Nice stuff

Cons: The entry door has difficulty to close

Very good, friendly and affordable - Edit

this was our best stop in copenhagen for vegetarian food, the staff is very friendly, food is good, drink and dessert as well,
we really recommend this place !!!

Pros: Very good, Good value, friendly staff

yummy food but not super vegan friendly - Edit

Since I don't know any Dutch, I asked the woman working what was vegan, she named a couple of things and I wound up getting the Cafe N plate with chai tea. The chai was amazing! sweet but very tasty. The plate came with a really good veggie burger (actually it was amazing, especially considering I'm usually not into veggie burgers), a few pieces of bread, hummus, salad, watermelon and some other fruit, potatoes, some sort of grain and then there were a few pieces of cheese.. I guess they think cheese is vegan? I didn't say anything, I just didn't eat it..but just be careful with what they give you before you eat it. The food was very tasty & filling and the place is cute. I'd go back.

Pros: really good food, cute space

Cons: small /might have to wait for a table, not a ton of vegan options

some points for trying - Edit

Living in Denmark for nearly 2 years and I was very hopeful that Cafe N was somethign special since this is what I have heard.
I went for Dinner around 6:30pm, many people eating but we did find a seat. Nothing is in english (though i do read and speak danish)
You just need to ask if something can be made vegan, both my boyfriend and I had the burger menu for 69kr each with a burger (this is a burger you can find frozen in the supermarket) with lots of mustard and salad in the bun, nothing so tasty about the burger but nothing bad. Baked potatoes with vegan butter- I love baked potatoes so its always a plus. Also with a slice of watermelon which wasnt so ripe. You also get a juice included. A burger by itself is 42kr. Teh menu is quite small, mostly bread with hummus, omlette, a vegetarian plate, vegan pizza and vegetarian only sandwiches. Wine and beer are all organic, and a range of organic juices and for some reason coca cola.
I havent found anything better in copenhagen, it is about the same as Morgenstedet though they have more variety then Cafe N.
Its a quick eat, i would go again but usually the local soup kitchens are cheaper and more exciting

Pros: vegan options, some organic drinks

Cons: Food is nothing special

Local spot - Edit

Full of locals. Not too expensive (for Copenhagen). A range of dishes but mostly of the lunchtime variety. Very small indoor seating area with benches outside.

No English menu but the staff was very helpful and spoke fluent English. They don't have a till so remember the name of what you ordered.

Local veggie spirit - Edit

Quite small but very cosy veggieplace with good karma atmosphere. A popular local spot in the very heart of the area called Nørrebro. Often all seats are taken but don`t miss it. Great freshmade juices, veggieburger, brunch and some other simple dishes. Simply tell them that you want it vegan (if you want that), otherwise some cheese may appear on top of your houmus :) VERY friendly and smiling staff!

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe N closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 11198 times since Oct 2009.