First Review by jcberger

OK - but better options around the area - Edit

Our waiter didn't speak Danish, and poor English as well. I asked him about the vegetarian menu and he confirmed that all the dishes were vegan, which I see is what the previous submitter wasn't told. I wonder if what he ended up suggesting (cous cous with a bunch of veggies in a sauce - very bland) was even vegan. Needless to say I won't be returning.
Updated from previous review on Friday October 25, 2013

I ended up going again in spite of what I thought. Mixed info from waiters regarding if the vegetarian options - one said that everything was vegan, another said it could be MADE vegan. Both our servers, spoke English well. Unfortunately it didn't seem like staff is very well educated in what veganism means, but as long as you explain that it's vegetarian with no dairy products, you should be fine.

The server said he wouldn't recommend any of the vegetarian dishes, which was a bit of a weird thing to say, but we went with it anyway. We had one chickpea stew, that was bland, and I think I could honestly have made it better myself. The daal however, surprisingly good with a very nice chutney to mix with. Would definitely come back for the daal, so good that I have it a new try.

Pros: Excellent daal, Friendly staff, Good for a date

Cons: Lots of sold-out options, May get loud

Non traditional,interesting yet boring Indian food - Edit

Kate's Joint is a modern contemporary Indian restaurant. It's located on a nice and cozy street only a couple minutes away from Copenhagen center.

Has a vegetarian menu although vegan food was not marked. Our waiter didn't know what was vegan but he asked the chef and it turned out two dishes were vegan. I had the Satay (vegetables and tofu with peanut sauce) and it was good but a bit bland and could have used more sauce.

The food was not what I would call traditional Indian food which in one way is kind of interesting but at the same time a bit tasteless and boring.

Overall a nice, cozy place with good, but not amazing food.

Pros: Friendly staff, cozy, cool, different

Cons: Not a great variety of food for vegans, a bit tasteless

Kates Joint - To Go There You Should Make a Point - Edit

Have just noticed that we were eating here on the same date as the previous posting! And completely agree with the previous reviewers comments (though didn't try a juice). Whilst the food isn't amazing, our overall experience was great and we really liked the place. Only a few minutes walk from the metro station, the restaurant is on a nice mainly pedestrianised street in what seemed like a cool area. Definitely appreciated and recommended.

Pros: Overall atmosphere, Clear menu, Good Value

Cons: Average Food (wish could say otherwise)

Inexpensive (for Copenhagen) good Indian food - Edit

Reasonably priced very good (not excellent) Indian food in a really cool atmosphere and friendly service. Clearly marked vegan items. I got the chana, which was yummy but not fantastic.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Cons: bad guava juice

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kate's Joint closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3014 times since Oct 2008.