Organic
Take-out
Spanish
Breakfast

Vegan cafe and coffee bar offering cakes, pastries, chai and coffee. Serves hot vegan empanadas which change on a regular basis and include vegan meat, nut butter and vegetables. Makes nut butters which are also sold in jars to take home. Est. 2019. Cashless. Open Mon-Fri 08:30-19:00, Sat-Sun 09:00-19:00.

Venue map for Buddy Buddy
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by juliagrace

barbaramokras

Points +101

20 Feb 2024

Best vegan pastry in Brussels

Very good coffee and delicious pastry with rich feeling and nuts.

LaraLemons

Points +1688

29 Jan 2024

Yummy!

Just popped in for a quick look but of course ended up with a cake. Staff were really friendly and their selection of nut butters is lovely too. Got a matcha pound cake which I can highly recommend - the cream is soo light with a nutty flavour.

GabrielaMedeiros

Points +49

Vegetarian
14 Jan 2024

Size does matter

I love buddy buddy, i often come by and recommend it to all my friends.
My only critique is that it’s a bit small so it gets easily crowded😒
I avoid coming on weekends

Pros: taste amazing , nice toilets, nice portions

Cons: not enough space :(

LucW

Points +80

Vegetarian
28 Dec 2023

Best breakfast ever

This place was great! We had the chocolate donut and the Matcha Latte and the "standard" Buddy Latte. Can't recommend it enough. Staff was friendly, food was great, prices were fair for higher-end specialty coffee and pastries. Only reason I wouldn't go here would be a nut allergy. Otherwise it's a must for everyone!

vegetariangirl

Points +2299

25 Nov 2023

Fave coffee shop in Brussels

The espresso is terrific. Delicious pastries, my favourite is the pan au chocolate. Very nice space with great style and color.

Tamsieee

Points +186

10 Nov 2023

Very good coffee, lgbt friendly

The cappuccino was amazing as well as the cinnamon roll and the other sweet pastry we had. 4 stars only because the tables are close to each other and when there is a lot of people, there isn't much space.

Pros: Great coffe, Nice staff

ggenduso

Points +98

02 Nov 2023

Je suis devenue accro

Littéralement addictif ! J’adore et je recommande !

amyrulestheworld

Points +138

25 Oct 2023

Great coffee and pastries

I was here on a business trip but wanted a nice vegan breakfast and this was just perfect. I look forward to my next trip to try more of the pastries and drinks.

Pros: Cool venue with nice colours , Good location , Really yummy and descent prices

healthie.veggie

Points +1947

14 Oct 2023

Nom

Such a cool concept and tasted incredible!! deffo want to come back for some of their yummy treats

robpeck98

Points +488

27 Aug 2023

Big variety of options

I don’t generally drink coffee due to having very childish tastebuds. I was a big fan of their peanut buttery/chocolatey drinks, while my partner - a proper grownup coffee person - enjoyed their more sophisticated options.

Also, the chocolate peanut butter cup is banging

friedrice

Points +1261

27 Aug 2023

Wowieeee

Some of the best coffee I've had in Brussels. The pain au chocolat is wonderful too!

Veganwannabe2022

Points +127

23 Aug 2023

Take the pain au chocolat

Amazing the drinks (I took a chai latte that was incredible) and the pain au chocolat is filled with a nut cream that is something special!

acreerl

Points +37

15 Aug 2023

Fantastic Coffee - Tasty Pastries

Best coffee I’ve had in Brussels. I had the praline mocha and it was delicious and creamy. Also had a couple of pastries which were tasty. Highly recommend for a quick, sweet breakfast. Staff speaks many languages (English, French, Dutch (Belgium), Dutch (Netherlands), Italian, etc and their nameplates show which languages each person speaks.

Fl0ooW

Points +83

12 Aug 2023

Great place to drink unique coffee

Super cosy coffee bar with a great variety of cakes and cookies and great and unique coffee variations. very Recomendable: "Le buddy"

MissGreenie

Points +900

03 Jun 2023

Not for breakfast

I went to this restaurant because it's on the breakfast list of Happy Cow. In some of the reviews I saw that they had croissants and pain au chocolate. However, at the restaurant they told me the only food they had were sweet pasteries. In my opinion they were way too sweet for breakfast. I could imagine coming back for an afternoon tea accompanied by a pastry but for breakfast I would definitely go to another place next time

NathanielLegg

Points +2062

16 May 2023

Very cool cafe!

Buddy Buddy is a vegan nut butter shop/producer as well as a vegan cafe! They serve all sorts of original coffees with their nut butters! The drink menu is very unique, and they also have more normal coffees and drinks. They also serve a bunch of different vegan pastries! Overall it’s a very cool place and worth coming to!

MiisaT

Points +37

03 May 2023

Absolutely excellent

Wide selection of decadent treats and speciality coffees

Pros: Treats , Oat milk coffee , Design

chchchlea

Points +778

30 Apr 2023

10/10 pastries 🥐

Amazing coffee and pastries. The baristas make every coffee with so much love and attention to detail, you can really taste the difference. The pastries are insanely delicious - flaky, yet soft and creamy. Would 100% come back here!!
Toilet available.

Pros: Everything is plant based , Delicious!!!!, Worth the visit

zkiryu

Points +299

10 Apr 2023

Insane pain au chocolat

Small Cafe. Limited seating . Iced coffee is exceptional and the espresso was well prepared. The matcha cake is delightful, not too sweet. The pain au chocolat tastes so much better than it looks. Unfortunately the two following days days I was there,they didn’t have a savory pastry. Bummer I forgot to try a nut butter latte, they look phenomenal

Pros: All vegan , Carefully curated baked goods, We’ll designed interior

Cons: Not a lot of savory treats, Pricey, Limited seating

catandcupcake

Points +3833

10 Apr 2023

Definitely worth visiting

Coffee and cakes. Let Buddy signature coffee has peanut butter and is delicious. The cake and the pastry I had were both delicious and high quality. Just under €15 for coffee and two cakes - seems reasonable for Brussels.

Alex86

Points +551

07 Apr 2023

Delicious coffee and pastries

We came here to try the famous pain au chocolat. Unfortunately it was sold out. We had a cookie and a cinnamon roll/croissant thingy instead. They were really good. We also had coffee with nut butter which I had never had before. It was so tasty, highly recommend!

Pros: Fully vegan, Very tasty

Cons: Quite expensive

FlorianTDK

Points +3522

07 Apr 2023

Perfect breakfast

After testing the Parisian one, I’m now testing the OG one and it’s still the best!
Here’s the seat are more comfy than in the Parisian one

david_droes

Points +3357

05 Apr 2023

Vegan pastries to die for

They offer a selection of all vegan pastries that changed regularly. They also have many special drinks such a praline mocha and much more but also regular specialty coffee ☕️
The Kouign-Amann was so flaky and rich, topped with their homemade almond butter!

Pros: All vegan , Lots of options

RobertaCalce

Points +2639

08 Mar 2023

Lovely afternoon

What a lovely place to enjoy a cup of delicious coffee and cakes.
I was very impressed by the quality of pastries, really very very good.
The only note, i am not sure there are options for people allergic to nuts, i will ask next time

rxanamz

Points +1008

18 Feb 2023

Cute concept

Very cute & cosy interior. A nut butter café, they are fully plant based and sell their own organic nut butters, which are delicious. I love the cinnamon roll one.

Updated from previous review on 2023-02-18

Pros: Fully plant based, Organic

Thomasclq

Points +401

12 Feb 2023

Good coffee & pastries

Very nice signature drinks, also good quality of regular Americano. Only downside are the high prices of the nut butters they’re offering

Pros: Good coffee, Cosy atmosphere

Cons: Expensive nut butters

RadaBoneva

Points +219

11 Feb 2023

Vegan cafe

Delicious coffee and a few vegan pastries. Friendly staff.

Pros: Vegan donuts

Cons: Crowded