CLOSED: Botanical

Contact 03-2201-3028

Level 1, Bangsar Village II Shopping Centre, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,

More upscale vegetarian restaurant with a decor reminiscent of an outdoor courtyard. Holds a high tea set from 3-6pm daily. Reported closed to HappyCow Mar 2014, website not working.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Western

First Review by 3hpvegan

Fantastic food - Edit

I actually didn't like the decor at all and the service was definitely a bit sketchy, BUT the food more than made up for all that. I wanted to try everything on the menu and the dishes we ordered were all excellent. So were the cakes. Food-wise, I couldn't fault the place. KL has so much good vegetarian food but most of it is Asian so it makes a nice change to find a restaurant with a great choice of Western style as well as Asian veggie dishes. I highly recommend it, even if it means schlepping all the way out to Bangsar it's so worth it.

Pros: Delicious food, Great variety, Nice desserts

Cons: Decor, Location, Service

Good Range of Dishes - Edit

This is so nicely furnished you can almost forget you are in the mall. The food is consistently excellent and I've not been disappointed by anything I've tried, though i'm a little addicted to their laksa.

As the other reviewers mention the service is poor and the prices are high for KL, but the service is bad and prices high pretty much everywhere in Bangsar.

It's nice enough for me to visit once a week (at least!).

Pros: delicious, nice ambience, awesome laksa

Cons: useless wait staff, a little expensive, aircon too high

Delicious fusion cuisine - Edit

This restaurant is in the Bangsar shopping mall, and part of the seating is open but the restaurant is a couple of floors up so it is nice and quiet. Lovely decor and seating. Good service (e.g. happy to remove garlic from one of the dishes, to remove mayo from another dish, and very attentive).

They give complimentary yummy olive bread with olive oil/balsamic vinegar mix.

I would describe the menu as Western with an Asian twist. There were 3 of us - we each ordered 1 dish, decent sized portions, and polished it off completely. The food tasted great and was presented well. I had a salad with peelings of cooked vegetables, root vegetable crisps and a delicious soy dressing (not too sweet). My dad had a falafel burger (this came with fries and salad) and my mum had a pasta/broccoli/pine nut dish which was exactly what she was hoping for.

It is a little pricey for KL, but I would say worth it.

Pros: Nice decor, Delicious food including comp. bread, Great fusion menu

Cons: Little pricey

Great looking menu - extremely bad service - Edit

What a great looking menu! So many yummy options and all veg! It was heaven...

Sadly the service was so awful that we had to leave. They simply didn't care at all. I would comment on the food...but we never even got that far! As an upscale priced restaurant, they should hire servers who actually care about customer service. This was not a single waiter, not two but four of them who ignored us, had to be cajoled into getting us menus, into answering questions about the menu items.

As we had gone through the whole list of places on Happy Cow and were most excited about the options on their menu, we came across the city just to eat here. It was beyond disappointing.

We popped around the corner to a nice local Indian place, had very good food and went home. I recommend giving Botanical a skip and seeking out the many other options in the city! There are too many that care to waste your energy on service like this.

I am not allowed to give it one "cow" or less. If I could, I would.

Cons: Horrible Service, Unconcerned staff

Tasty vegan Malaysian options - Edit

Had a vegan laksa and a "tom yam" noodle dish. The food is a little fusiony--the tom yam was basically spaghetti with tempeh and Asian seasoning. All of it was good, though. The portions are pretty large and tasty olive bread is served as a free appetizer. Really enjoyed the curry laksa. I find the atmosphere a little odd and it is a little pricy, but the portions are large. The three of us split two entrees and it worked out to 15 RM each, or about 5 USD each. Would definitely recommend if you are vegan or vegetarian and find yourself in Bangsar.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Authenic Malaysian flavors, Good value

Cons: Carb heavy, Weird mall atmosphere, Insufficient waitstaff

Return to Kuala Lumpur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Botanical closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2121 times since Oct 2012.