Bit and Spur

Contact 435-772-3498

1212 Zion Park Blvd, Springdale, Utah, USA, 84767

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican restaurant located just steps outside of Zion National park. Offers some vegetarian and vegan food. The burrito is vegan, but the tamale does contain dairy. Staff is knowledgeable about ingredients in the food. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 5:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by naturefinder

Delicious and flavorful! - Edit

Absolutely loved this place. The food was fantastic and flavorful, I especially loved the polenta stack.

Bit and Spur is everything you expect from a nice restaurant--fresh-made food with a chef that can customize dishes to meet your needs. They have some vegan items on the menu but our waiter and the chef were very willing to work with us and with so many great ingredients there were lots of options.

The atmosphere is very nice and relaxing. You could dress up for a nice night out or come in your hiking clothes after a long day (like we did). However, if you have a larger party I would recommend making a reservation.

Oh, and they have great mixed drinks!

Pros: Delicious food, Fresh ingredients, Mixed drinks

Cons: No vegan desserts

Good veggie burrito - Edit

Contrary to another review, the burrito has cheese by default. The house salad & dressing are vegan (not sure about the croutons). I got the burrito with no cheese and added guac. My vegetarian partner got the polenta which he thought was very good. Nice atmosphere and a nice selection of local beers. Their special mojito with blueberry was also good. Prompt service too. Ask for a bar table if there is a wait. It looked like a pasta dish was also vegan without the parmesan, but I didn't ask. The waiter was also clear on what was vegan or not.

Pros: Good service, Atmosphere, Tasty food & beer

Cons: limited vegan options

Great food, outside seats, imaginative veg options - Edit

Great place with outside seating. We made a reservation and would recommend doing so. The place stays open later than some so this helps when getting back from the Zion trails late. Restaurant has a great vibe and the service was outstanding. We drank wine and beer but they do have margaritas as well. The best thing though was the FOOD! FANTASTIC.

2 of our group are vegetarians and had lots of options that were not just "rice and beans". The best was the Polenta Stack, one of the best dishes we had anywhere in the southwest!

Bit and Spur is convenient to the shuttle and easy walking from many of the hotels/lodges. Fine for big parties and people traveling with kids. I think I also remember seeing a flyer saying that on some nights they have live music. All around great place and would highly recommend that you stop here at least one night.

Pros: outside seating, fun vibe, great food

Cons: noisy, need reservation, might be budget buster for some

Return to Springdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bit and Spur closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.