Oscar's Cafe

435-772-3232

948 Zion Park Blvd (at Winderland Dr), Springdale, Utah, USA, 84767

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican style restaurant serving large portions of dishes, such as southwest salads, tacos, wraps, burgers, etc. Vegan dishes are clearly marked on the menu. Staff is knowledgeable about veganism and the menu items. Has indoor and outdoor seating. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Southwest, Non-veg

First Review by vegankiddo

Yummy food!!! - Edit

This place was awesome! Was afraid after reading the other review, but my family comes here all the time so we decided to come anyway. I ordered the Oscar's burrito with sautéed veggies and did the baked version. It is soooo big, I have to take half of it home! It was also VERY tasty. I would definitely order it in the future. Don't let looks deceive you with the side salad.. this little guy packed a pretty decent flavor punch. It was the perfect size and the vinaigrette was delicious. The chips and salsa were also wonderful. Not too spicy or wet and a proportionate size to the amount of chips served. All in all I would come here again and the food was good enough I'd order them again!

Pros: several vegan options, variety of flavors, easy to find

Vegan-friendly menu, but cross-contamination - Edit

We were just visiting Zion in the off-season, and Oscar's was the only restaurant on the Happy Cow list that was actually open, so we decided to give it a shot. It seemed promising as the person who seated us told us she is vegan and she showed us how dishes that can be made vegan are designated on the menu. So we ordered a vegan enchilada and a vegan burger. After only a few bits of the enchilada, my friend had the unfortunate experience of biting into a chunk of chicken. While she ran off to gag and wash her mouth out, I picked through the dish and found another small piece of chicken. I called our server over and showed him. He took the dish back and we told him we didn't want it remade since we'd lost our appetite by then. He was super apologetic and gave us the "local" discount for our burger (even though we were there with a local friend who was eating the burger, but the gesture was nice, I guess). So be warned: it seems there are problems with cross-contamination in the kitchen!

Pros: Friendly staff

Cons: We got meat in our food!

Return to Springdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Oscar's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.