Bella Vida Cafe

Contact 609-884-6332

406 N Broadway (at Eldredge), West Cape May, New Jersey, USA, 08204

Serves meat, vegan options available. Large eclectic menu with some dishes suitable for vegans, vegetarians, gluten free. Breakfast all day. Casual space with Wi-Fi access and is dog-friendly. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Caribbean, Costa Rican, Non-veg

First Review by NicoleF

Not VERY vegan-friendly - Edit

Asked the guy (maybe owner or manager) if we could modify it to make it vegan. He acted offended, the woman taking the order asked why we just couldn't order a regular order...I told them it was fine if they couldn't modify, they just needed to tell me. Then got told "there's an up charge for that, you know." Okay, fine. Not a problem. Then, "can't eat dairy?" This after I explained that my daughter is vegan (and they serve vegan options. I said, "no, she chooses not to." Then began the inquisition, "don't be offended, but if you're eating vegan, why are you eating fried food?" If you have to preface what you're saying by "don't be offended," you're probably about to say something offensive. I told him if he didn't want me to order here, I'd happily go elsewhere. Bottom line- they are NOT vegan friendly. They will make it for you, maybe, but only after questioning your motives and telling you repeatedly not to be offended and "I have vegan family members." Update: after waiting 20 minutes for the take-out food they told us would take ten minutes, we got it back to the house and found it covered with regular cheese and bacon. They literally did not make a single change we asked for, and they simply should have told us they couldn't do it and we would have gone elsewhere.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-28

Pros: Actually has vegan cheese

Cons: Rude- has vegan cheese but seems ticked off when y, Will question why you are vegan, Gave us regular cheese and bacon

Several vegan option including desserts! - Edit

I had the veggie quesadillas with vegan cheese substituted. They were delicious and filling! There were several vegan options, as well as the option of substituting tempeh for meat or seafood. I didn't have any room left for dessert, but there were at least 3 options, including vegan cheesecake, banana whip, and apple ginger cake. Staff was very helpful with questions.

Pros: several options, desserts, friendly staff

Cons: none

Return to West Cape May Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bella Vida Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1496 times since Jan 2012.