Good Earth Organic Eatery

Contact 609-898-6161

600 Park Blvd, West Cape May, New Jersey, USA, 08204

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan except for fish. Est. 2012 by an Italian-born owner and chef. Offers a daily macrobiotic plate. Drinks include fresh juices, wheatgrass, tea, house-made almond milk, and barley coffee. Has gluten-free, house-made bread (without dairy, sugar, egg). BYOB. ATM machine inside. Mon 11:30am-9:00pm, Wed-Sun 11:30am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Italian, Macrobiotic, Organic, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by CarlyQ

Lots of vegan options here - Edit

If you don't mind the smell of fish, this place serves consistently excellent vegan food. I highly recommend getting a dinner and dessert here!

Pros: good vegan food, good vegan desserts, has a quirky charm

Cons: oh, those fish do smell like fish

amazing food - Edit

Everyone's food was fantastic. The pesto was delicious. I sampled the hummus, veggie plate, soup and salad and all was excellent. I would say to make sure you give yourself a pod amount of time, especially with a large group because it looked like all the food was made fresh to order.

Everything on the menu was vegan, except for the fish dishes, which was a little disappointing because without the fish it would be an easy 5 stars

Exceptional! - Edit

You MUST eat at this cafe! A lovely, intimate family owned restaurant, featuring vegan and macrobiotic dishes, affordable prices. I ate there both nights visiting Cape May. The Italian chef creates fresh and innovative vegan dishes. The veggie plate offers excellent daily soup, tasty salad, a unique rice dish, delectable bean dish, and softly sauteed greens. All incredibly delicious and healthy, offering complex flavors and textures, beautifully prepared and presented. Finished with the chocolate pudding (made with rice), it was sublime, too. Fresh bread made with ancient sourdough culture, with the most tasty olive oil (they make their own in Italy). Loose herbal teas. Our hosts and server were personable and so friendly. I felt like I was dining in Europe and was so very happy and satiated when finished eating... but it was so delicious, I wanted to start all over again. There are seafood dishes available for your non-vegan dates. If they were in my home town, I would eat there every night.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value, Nice Vibe

Creative offerings for vegans and vegetarians - Edit

This small restaurant offers a wonderful selection of vegan and vegetarian meals. The chef is from Italy and spices dishes in a unique and flavorful manner using fresh herbs. The location is modest, but don't let that fool you. The food is excellent. They also have fish dishes if you are joined by a nonvegetarian. I would recommend making reservations since there are very few tables. The location is shared by a homemade ice cream shop that offers several vegan flavors.

Pros: original meals made to order, use of fresh herbs and seasoning, pleasant staff

Cons: No credit cards accepted, BYOB (which can also be a pro!)

Amazing food! - Edit

We ate here for dinner one night and then lunch the next and the food is amazing. As it is described, it is vegan with fresh fish; we ate all vegan and it was just delicious. The gnocchi with the vegan sauce was great; I had the mixed veggie's of the day and the risotto was sooooo good.
You have to order the bruschetta for an appetizer. 4 different spreads on fresh bread, the garlic and the lima bean hummus were my favorite.
For lunch the next day we had a lima bean hummus sandwich and sunflower seed pesto pasta, both were amazing.
We are definitely planning to come back here every time we are in the area.

The max rating for non-veg restaurants is 4 cows, I think that's ridiculous. This is way better than pretty much every vegan restaurant I've eaten at.

Pros: Delicious, Original meals, Homemade

Great little cafe - Edit

We found this cafe on Happy Cow and are happy to write them a nice review! It was exciting to see another option for us in Cape May. My husband and I both had their nut spread sandwich on homemade bread for lunch. They grated fresh carrots on to it and sliced up the bread right there. And it came with a salad which was so fresh and tasty. We felt like we were in someone's home kitchen and they were making everything from scratch right before our eyes, very cool ! We also got to sample some of the vegan ice cream they sell from Bliss Ice Cream. So yummy!

Pros: delicious food, cute cafe, very healthy

Cons: locaton is a bit hidden, more like more vegan options

Super Super Restaurant - Kind People - Edit

We ate there twice for lunch and and twice for dinner, All organic and so fresh and tasty. They split the main dinners. They accommodate anything in any way. Large portions , enough to split.Great fish, grains,rissotto, vegies,daily homemade bread, and fantastic homemade olive oil from Italy where they just came from. Also a super homemade ice cream bar with great vegan ice cream. Cape May is very lucky to have this restaurant.Thanks and best of luck Bob and Deb

Pros: organic, fresh, unique

A little pricey but great! - Edit

A great place in cape may! Went with my boyfriend for dinner and we had such a great meal. I got the vegetarian plate, which was vegan, and he got fish. He said the fish was fantastic. The vegetarian plate was incredible! It was a lot of food, it came with soup and a salad and steamed greens and a risotto, and black beans. Luckily I was starving haha. It was all delicious and really fresh. I think it would be neat if she maybe individually priced the items on the vegetarian plate so if you were less hungry you could just get a couple of the things and then price it as a whole meal also. We got vegan mint chocolate chip icecream for dessert and it was also phenomenal. Like I said a little bit pricey, mine was 17 and my boyfriends was 19 but it was a nice night out...and my grandmom has given us cash to go get dinner haha.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great fresh food , All organic

Cons: Pricey, Staff was a little awkward but really sweet!

Return to West Cape May Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Good Earth Organic Eatery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3106 times since Jun 2012.