Beelzebab at Hope & Ruin Pub

Contact 07855764610

11-12 Queens Rd, Brighton, England,

Caterer and mobile vendor est. 2014. As of Nov 2015 operates inside of Hope & Ruin Pub. Order at the bar its vegan food menu: seitan doner, hot dog, and fries. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by cakeandcounselling

Amazing brownie and ice cream - Edit

We might have reviewed this before for its fun and delicious 'meat and chips' type food but we wanted to give special mention to the puddings! The hot brownies (made by honeycomb cakes, perhaps?) and ice cream (by the amazing boho gelato) are worth a special trip, one of the best desserts ever. Today it was oreo brownie and either peanut butter and salted caramel, or apple crumble and custard, ice cream. Amazingly delicious!

Pros: All vegan food, I think, brownie and ice cream, fun delicious topped chips/hot dogs

Too much salad, not enough "Doner" - Edit

I feel like this place has a great vibe and as a vegan I was so excited about coming to visit this place because I had looked it up on HappyCow and travelled from London for a weekend away to be here in Brighton to enjoy the vegan food. I ordered the beelzabab kebab and I found that there was hardly any of the seitan doner and it was mostly just salad, the entire bread was just filled with salad. I felt like I had paid for just a pitta with a ridiculous amount of red cabbage and sauce. It was a major let down and I feel a tiny bit ripped off. If they had put mainly doner and just a little salad inside then it would've been an amazing kebab. So one simple change would make it so much better. I hope they read this and really go easy on the salad. If this means they have to increase the price then so be it.

If they address this issue then I would've given 5 stars!! The people were friendly and nice.

Pros: good bar with loads of drink options

Cons: ridiculous amount of red cabbage filling up the pi

Great veggie pub - Edit

Pub that offers a good variety of vegan fast food: kebabs, cheesy fries, hot dogs, etc.
Prices are acceptable and the food is definitely way above average. Vegan will love the melted cheeses offered here!
The place itself is really nice and uniquely decorated.

Pros: Good variety, Price, Cheezes

Yummy! - Edit

Nice range of vegan food. Very tasty, great staff and a nice atmosphere. Will be going back for more! And it's in a bar (hope and ruin) so plenty of drinks available.

Pros: Yum!, Good sized portions and good price, Inside a bar

Yummy and fun! - Edit

I just ate there last night. It was so delicious! I had the kabob, which was so tasty, and I also got brownies with ice cream that were amazing. The service was friendly, quick, and accommodating, too. I highly recommend it!

Pros: Great food, Vegan versions of old favorites, Awesome desserts.

Hot Dawg! - Edit

Super friendly pub with an all vegan menu. Loved the Chilly Cheese Fries and the hot dogs are great, loaded with toppings and served with a smile. The Kebabs are really fine too, made with housemade seitan.

Pros: all vegan menu, in a pub!, value for money

All-vegan pub grub - Edit

Amazing to be able to get a vegan doner kebab and a pint at the same time from lovely friendly people.
Really good seitan texture and fillings like cabbage salad and pickled chillis. Also hot dogs and loaded fries.
A bit messy to eat, not sure my top will recover from the Beelzebab chill-sauce spillage!
We'd love an extra spicy version with that home-made style chilli sauce you get in the bestest kebab shops.

Updated from previous review on Sunday November 23, 2014

Pros: vegan, meaty, in a pub

Rad! - Edit

It's so rd to be able to get a vegan diner kebab in the city, I only wish they were open every day! Love the new spot outside Fitzherbert's for an evening kebab fix. I've heard great things about the new hot dogs and I can't wait to try one when I'm back in the city.

My first kebab experience! - Edit

I've never had a kebab, since I went vegetarian when I was 11. After nights out at uni I watched my friends eat them and thought they looked vile.

I've never come across a vegan doner, so when I passed this stand by chance I thought I'd give it a go since I've never had the kebab experience! I am so glad I did, it was delicious. Not the best looking of cuisines, but it tasted really good, and obviously being made with seitan and healthy vegan ingredients, it's much more nutritious than your standard late-Saturday-night fare.

Highly recommended comfort fast food.

Pros: No other place like it, Delicious, Good value for money

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Beelzebab at Hope & Ruin Pub closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.