Earth and Stars

+44-1273722879

46 Windsor St, Brighton, England, BN1 1RJ

Serves meat, vegan options available. British pub offering, as of Mar 2016, around 5 vegan choices and 3 vegan desserts. Reported current chef is vegan. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-12:00am, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-1:00am, Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

First Review by Kiwi Wannabe

amazing food! - Edit

We stumbled across here on our way to a gig the night before we went and I’m very glad we did!

They have loads of vegan options on their small menu and most sound awesome. We however were really interested in their Katsu Jack burger - it was INCREDIBLE I was secretly thinking it was going to be disappointed and almost ordered something else. I’m very glad I didn’t! The bun, fillings and dip sauce for the chips were all great quality and flavour - it was the best Vegan meal I’ve had in a pub and I will certainly be heading back to try their other options and Sunday lunch!

Pros: great options, lovely pub and amazingly tasty!

Wonderful! - Edit

Lots of vegan options clearly labeled (starters, mains, burgers and desserts). Simply delicious!

How did I miss this place? - Edit

Came across this wonderful pub a few weeks ago, and what a find. Fantastic selection of vegan food all marked up clearly. The chalk board also lists which drinks are vegan too. I've been going to Brighton regularly for years and can't believe it's taken me this long to find this place. Had the amazing battered smoked tofu and chips. If you're in Brighton, just go there, you'll love it.

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-22

Sunday roast - Edit

Went for a Sunday roast, food was AMAZING; inventive, flavourful, dynamic and a big portion!

I got the smoked seitan roast, all roasts come with loads of extras and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Vegan options are amazing here, and my non vegan family also loved the non vegan food

Pricey, but definitely worth it here.

However, the set up isn't the nicest, we booked beforehand and we were moved during our beginning drinks to a cramped table next to the door. Dogs everywhere, which is fine with me but some people don't like that. Not enough space at our table to be honest, and the decor isn't that nice. If they refurbished this pub it would be a much nicer dining atmosphere

Pros: Amazing taste, So much effort put into food, Great choice and vegan options

Cons: Set up, Service, Price

10/10 would recommend - Edit

They have plenty of vegan options on the menu from tofu or seitan burgers, tofush and chips, curry etc... It was so hard to chose- they all looked so good!
They also do vegan Sunday roast options on a Sunday which I have yet to try but look so yummy.
I had the seitan burger with sweet potato fries and it was absolutely delicious.
Would definitely visit again- it's a good place to go if you're with a mix of veggies and omni's as there is something for all.

Great New Vegan Find - Edit

The Earth and Star is a great new find for vegans and vegetarians.

They just got a new vegan chef who is making some amazing and creative dishes. Check out my pictures for a look at the amazing meal we had.

They had several vegan meal options and all of the desserts on the night we went were vegan.

Make sure to check out the Earth and Star so they can keep producing amazing vegan dishes :-)

Pros: Several unique vegan dishes on the menu., Robust beer and wine selection., Great pub atmosphere.

Cons: They serve meat.

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Earth and Stars closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.