Avatara Pizza

• Veg-friendly
Contact 403-457-4992

3406 3 Ave NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2N 0M2

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzeria with an extensive pizza list. Has vegan cheese, free Wi-Fi.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Fast food, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by Ryan Wright

NOT VEGAN! do not eat here!!! - Edit

Simply put, I'm shocked, appalled, and disgusted. I was lied to and deliberately made to believe that the pork and turkey bacon on my pizza were vegan, after a lengthy call with Gordon food services (avataras distributor) I can now say with confidence that they were not vegan. I feel absolutely horrified by my experience and this establishment should be ashamed of what they are doing!

Feel free to call and find out for yourself!

1(800) 332-1118

Cons: lies about vegan options, lies about vegan options, lies about vegan options

Pleasant, quiet and accommodating - Edit

Walked in and got served straight away, plenty of choice for vegetarians and vegans (vegan cheese available). All crusts are gluten free and vegan so what's not to like! Would definitely stop by again!

Pros: gluten free, vegan cheese

All gluten free! - Edit

While I am vegan, I had a friend in town that is dairy-free and gluten-free, so I instantly thought of Avatara. I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed they ONLY offer gluten-free pizza, because I have no aversions to gluten. But the pizza itself was delicious! Loved the vegan cheese, loved the variety of high-quality toppings, and the crust was a nice consistency. I definitely recommend this place!

Pros: Delicious "cheese" , Awesome variety of toppings, Awesome pizza!

Cons: All gluten-free, no wheat option, A little difficult to get to , Very limited seating

Mmm, Pizza! - Edit

I went for my first time a few days ago! I ordered the vegan Buddha and got some falafel chips! The chips were delicious -- a half order fills half of a small pizza box (it looks somewhat pathetic, I wished I had got a full order)!

I think the Buddha was good, but I will definitely be trying something else. It had a very strong "ginger" taste that I've been told is the curry. It overwhelms the other flavors, which is too bad, because I could just tell everything else was amazing! The crust had great crunch (I didn't ask what crust I used, just specified vegan on the phone) and I enjoyed the pizza even if the sauce was overpowering. My boyfriend and I were okay sharing one pizza, even though I was worried it wouldn't be enough! They're actually pretty filling. But more chips, for sure.

I'll be back!

Pros: Vegan Options, Daiya Cheese, Flavourful

Cons: Pricey

The Best Ever!!! - Edit

Awesome gluten free vegan thin crust pizza and vegan mozzarella available. Awesome interior with interesting paintings and an overall good atmosphere. Friendly, accommodating staff. So good! I`m so glad I could finally eat pizza as a gluten free vegan, yay!

Pros: food, vegan, 100% gluten free kitchen

Great food & very accommodating - Edit

The food was great, and I love the atmosphere! It's kind of in a odd location but worth the drive!

They have a bunch of interesting pizza options, there's a couple from "Far East (places like India), and a few from "The Americas." Very good! Although I was craving something like pepperoni (as a vegan that's a hard craving to satisfy) and the pizza didn't really do it for that! However it was delicious. I believe they only had thin crust, but that could just be the vegan option!

Pros: Great variety & interesting menu, Very accommodating / friendly staff, chill atmosphere

Cons: Only thin crust, Won't satisfy "junk food pizza" craving

Liked the options, but not the pizza - Edit

This really wasn't to my taste. I thought the crust was about as boring as boring gets. I thought the sauce was pretty boring too.

Thus, despite my appreciation of the Daiya cheese and multiple veggie options, I did not really enjoy the pizza. Just my opinion, of course!

Really good! - Edit

I had the Buddha pizza - the curry sauce was a bit too spicy for me, but otherwise it was great. They didn't cheap out on the Daiya cheese, and the toppings went all the way to the edge - woo hoo! The cashews were really good, too. I'll be back! (and next time I'll do what the owner suggests and ask that a separate pizza cutter be used...that should standard practice, tho, IMHO.)

Pros: Great food!

Vegan Pizza with whole wheat crust - Edit

They have Daiya cheese for vegan pizzas, and the whole wheat crust and the tomato sauce are vegan. I had a vegan Margherita pizza, with fresh basil and parsley. It was really good. I like how they use a good amount of Daiya. I would probably prefer a normal crust, but for a whole wheat crust it was good, especially if you are trying to be healthier.

Welcome - Edit

I am a Managing Partner of Avatara Pizza. I love our pizzas, salads, sides, & beverages & I think you will too. I mostly eat our pizzas veggie & sometimes with no animal product at all and really enjoy them. Most importantly our vegan & vegetarian customers seem to really enjoy the options we have available for them. Please feel to customize your pizzas to fit your choices & don't be shy to let us know if you have any preferences (eg. use a separate or clean cutter from pizzas with meat or animal product of any kind). We are happy to respect your requests & are very experienced in catering to customers with severe dietary restrictions & allergies. Thanks for considering us.

Return to Calgary Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Avatara Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2303 times since Jan 2013.