Thai
Buffet
Delivery
Take-out

Thai restaurant originating from Seattle, opened at this location Jan 2014. Offers vegan cuisine with an a la carte menu. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-9:00pm.

Venue map for Araya's Place
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by kenvegan

sandybadlands

Points +157

27 Jan 2024

Much improved

Updating my review from eight years ago because I gave this place another try and it went much better! Back then, I went twice and the food was either bland or unbelievably spicy. But maybe I just got unlucky. I've ordered takeout from Araya's a few times recently and everything was great. We've tried various noodle dishes and curries, and they were all fresh and tasty. I wouldn't go there on my birthday or anything, but it's a good option to have for takeout.

Updated from previous review on 2015-10-24

Pros: all vegan, friendly/fast service

Cons: parking

powerleegirl

Points +57

19 Apr 2023

Really yummy Thai food.

Great vegan spot in West Hollywood.

Pros: All vegan , Delicious

ilikevegg

Points +341

15 Jan 2023

Decent food

Food is pretty good but not super amazing. It’s a good takeout place though

RPIyer

Points +13

29 Oct 2022

Great food!

Ordered a curry, pad Thai and spring rolls - the flavors are authentic and amazing. Will come back again!

Pros: Amazing vegan options

SouthernmostVegan

Points +1554

11 Oct 2022

Unassuming. Amazing.

Don’t be fooled by the strip mall location. It’s some of the best Thai food I’ve ever had: Drunken Noodles, Yum Tua Plu (green bean and coconut salad), Vegetable Cakes, Tom Yum soup, and a special off-menu dish with mushrooms and ginger.

Pros: Great price, Large portion size

villain

Points +6967

02 Oct 2022

Consistently the best Thai food!

I've long been a fan of Araya's due to their large portions and creativity. This was my first time at this location and it was perfect. The menu is extensive, everything is fantastic with interesting flavors, and it's all vegan. What more could you want? It's always refreshing to eat at Araya's since so many Thai places taste more or less the same and have similar menu items, but here you'll always have something new to try. The tofu satay and crispy spring rolls as appetizers are a great way to start the meal. Even their delivery portion sizes are just as large.

Updated from previous review on 2022-10-02

Pros: Huge portions, All vegan, Creative menu

AnatElkayam

Points +384

23 Aug 2022

Best Thai restaurant I’ve ever been to. Try the home made seitan!

The green curry just makes me come back to this place and the seitan is the first time in my life that i liked seitan!

SanFranvegan

Points +144

08 Jun 2022

Delicious and huge portions

The menu is extensive. We ordered our normal one appetizer and two entrees. After eating our big portions, we had enough leftovers for a second meal.

Pros: Lots of unusual Thai dishes, The portions are twice the normal size, Fried cream cheese was amazing

Cons: The wait was long, The help was a little confused but sweet

AmeliaClover

Points +22

05 Jun 2022

My favorite Thai Place

I LOVE this place. Their spring rolls are bomb. Veggie meat with peanut sauce is so good and filling. Their lovers curry and pumpkin curry are some of my favorites in town!

DanielleNau

Points +358

25 Mar 2022

Cute spot!

Very relaxing environment with a large menu. Minimal seating but was sat right away around 2pm. The pad thai was delicious and a large portion for $12. Will definitely be back!

teabell

Points +245

13 Mar 2022

Loved the green curry!

Veggies were so fresh and crunchy, flavour was amazing! Highly recommend the green curry! Also got the pad thai and wasn’t a huge fan, but maybe I just don’t like pad thai in general!

Pros: Amazing flavour in the green curry, Fresh veggies , Delicious

cse

Points +270

04 Mar 2022

i mean it's simply the best

there are many vegan Thai restaurants across LA, but arayas is next level. the avo curry, curry noodles and well all the curries are amazing. I've taken many vegan and non vegan friends there and all were impressed. go!

Pros: flavors , service

Cons: parking i guess just park on Beverly

kirbythevegan

Points +352

13 Jan 2022

Great!!

So excited to find this restaurant! They had a huge menu with so many options and we couldn’t believe that everything was vegan! Our server was so friendly and all the food we tried was delicious. Our only complaint was the pad Thai, ordered as a 4 out of 5 spice level, was not spicy at all. Besides that, all the food was spiced perfectly and tasted amazing.

Pros: Friendly service, So many options, Great food

Cons: One dish was not spiced to order

SurabhiBanuru

Points +16

31 Dec 2021

Awesome place. 👌

Everything is great.

Updated from previous review on 2021-12-31

Pros: They give huge quantities , Taste is awesome. , Soup is a must try.

Ali(sleepy)

Points +22

30 Nov 2021

Sooo good

Loved this place. Chill atmosphere and super friendly staff. The Drunken Mushroom is to die for.

drjohnsaddress

Points +260

22 Sep 2021

Wonderful Thai Plant Based food in a small and friendly place.

Araya's Place is in a tight strip mall at the corner of Beverly Blvd. and Crescent Heights in West Hollywood. They have an extensive menu with too many inviting choices, What a wonderful surprise! Araya's has superlative Plant Based Thai food at prices considered reasonable by LA standards. You may order to go or eat in this small restaurant. The one waitress was very sweet, patient, and helpful.
The parking is free and convenient but limited number of spaces- but this is LA : )

Pros: Wonderfully flavorful Plant Based Options, Helpful and friendly staff., Abundant portions.

Cons: Parking convenient and free but limited spaces., Music was not loud but it was American pop.

Stevethefashionaddict

Points +283

03 Sep 2021

Tasty!!

Really great place, loved the avocado curry - you should try it! ❤️

BadrinarayanRD

Points +15

28 Jun 2021

The best

Amazing and flavorful Thai food with a lot of options for saatvik followers

Pros: Excellent ambiance , Flavorful food, Lots of options

craycrayjmey

Points +169

22 May 2021

Go here!

Amazing Thai food! We especially love the avocado curry and mango sticky rice. Yum!

upbirdman

Points +120

30 Apr 2021

Good Food

They have very Interesting dishes. I will be back to try more dishes. They were all very tasty and serve large quantities. I will definitely get the noodle curry and the vegetable cake again, delicious!

LidaJenney

Points +16

23 Feb 2021

Araya's Thai Take out

Yummy Thai food with
nearby outdoor dining tables

Pros: Willing make our curry oil free. , Has healthier brown rice option.

losangela

Points +242

19 Dec 2020

my favorite thai restaurant

The springrolls and avocado curry are my favorite!

Passittowill

Points +3077

17 Sep 2020

Not great

Extremely disappointing. The food just wasn’t that great at all and I just left sad wishing for better food. Flavors just weren’t executed well in my opinion. I haven’t returned since. I’ll stick with Vegan Glory.

Cons: Poor food

mitmilius

Points +109

29 Jul 2020

Fresh and tasty food in a small but very nice space.

I often stop at Arayas for a nice dinner on the way downtown with a friend to see theater. It’s one of our regular go-to spots. I dont think we’ve ever been unhappy with a choice here. Delicious stuff.

Pros: Lots of options , Fresh rolls

Cons: Parking can be tricky

JulienneSlice

Points +1587

30 Dec 2019

Unsatisfying

Of a party of four, three including myself we found our dishes to be lacking in quality and cooked with an excessive amount of oil. The fried bananas and coconut ice cream dessert we shared was also unsatisfying. The batter on the bananas was too thick/tough and was very difficult to eat and enjoy. The positive was the coconut ice cream turned out to be delicious.
Unfortunately my experience was not good as I had high hopes for this establishment that did not live up to the reviews. I’ll likely will not return as there are plenty of other Vegan Thai restaurants to choose from.

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Limited Parking, Food is too oily, Bathroom is in kitchen area

DannyDaNinja

Points +55

05 Aug 2019

The Drunken Mushrooms 🍄🍶

Beautiful place with bomb ass foods...
But my top favorite would be the Drunken Mushrooms noodles 🔥

SingleBlackVegan®

Points +34

18 Jul 2019

Mango Sticky Rice!!!

Staff was so friendly! Came in for the mango sticky rice!! Sooooo good! Yum! It came out beautifully.

Pros: All vegan