5 Thai Bistro

• Veg-friendly
Contact 603-373-8871

40 Pleasant St, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA, 03801

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant with spacious interior. Offers noodles, curries, and many vegetable dishes which could be requested without egg. Sauces are reportedly vegetarian (no fish or oyster sauces), and several dishes are labeled as wheat-free. The fried tofu and other veggies are cooked in vegetable oil. Your choice of spice level.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by passedout

Nice! - Edit

This place has a number of easily veganizeable entrées & know which dishes are vegan, though only a few specials are marked as vegan (nothing on their full menu is marked vegan, though they do have vegetarian section). I had the Jay Curry with veggies and tofu (see picture) which was moderately spicey & exactly what I was expecting/wanting. This place is non-veg so may smell a little fishy at times.

Pros: Friendly staff, Decent & tasty vegan options, Convenient to downtown Portsmouth

Cons: Vegan items inconsistently labeled, Restaurant serves fish (smell)

Amazing food, Wonderful atmosphere, Great prices - Edit

Came here recently for a romantic date with my husband and we both absolutely loved it.

I had the Volcano Tofu and LOVED it!! Also, their hot tea is delicious and our waiter was exceptional. Will definitely come back!

Great Food - Edit

Thai Bistro was awesome. Fresh thai food with a great menu. I had a dish which consisted of rice noodles, veggies, tofu and peanut sauce. It was perfect. They clearly mark what is vegan on their menu and also have gluten free marks too. I would recommend this place to everyone.

Pros: Food, Service, Decor

Return to Portsmouth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 5 Thai Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1101 times since Apr 2014.