First Review by vegankitten

Informal Korean Restaurant - Edit

The vegan options weren't marked on the menu, but the very friendly owner said that they would be able to veganize a number of dishes on the menu, so that made the vegan choice much wider.
We had marinated spinach with sesame and gimbab (without egg) starters and Dubu Bokum main courses. Everything fresh and delicious.

Pros: Very Friendly staff, Happy to veganize where possible

Cons: No vegan dessert..., Vegan options not listed, you have to ask

Korean Food with just an okay taste. - Edit

I get lunch here sometimes for lack of vegan options in the area. I LOVE Korean food, it is my favourite food right next to Indian food. The food at YamYam is fresh and they serve homemade (not premade) dumplings and Kimchi. I can't say I'm particularly impressed as far as taste goes here, like most Asian food in Berlin, it is quite bland when compared to the same food on offer in other major cities. But at least the food at YamYam is a little bit spicy, if I can say anything about the taste. I wonder if they even use Gochujangyong gochugaru...The chili they use tastes a bit more like cayenne. I wish they would stop trying to cater to German tastebuds and offer a more authentic taste experience - I really miss Korean food! Service is okay. It is very busy at lunchtime. Prices are fair. Nice portions.

Pros: Convenient location, Fresh and homemade, Nice portion sizes, fair prices

Cons: Mildly authentic, caters to German taste

Very good vegetarian options - Edit

Yam Yam is a Korean place across the street from Monsieur Vuong. They have very good vegetarian options. The menu is well marked/look for the veggy symbol indicating vegetarian items. Like many places in Berlin not really suited for a long, fancy dinner but it's perfect for a quick dinner. Tends to often get crowded.

Pros: good vegetarian options

Cons: often get crowded

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has YamYam closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1084 times since Mar 2015.