First Review by Lauria

Not vegan, hardly vegetarian. - Edit

This place is so over rated and it is certainly popular with the tourists. We were invited for a meal with some friends and were surprised when we had to line up for a table. Perhaps people have not been to a nice Vietnamese restaurant before? Berlin is full of nice Vietnamese restaurants. We were told there were vegan options, however only 1 starter was declared vegan. The food was nice and fresh, but most of it was meat based. Certainly not returning. Needs improvement to be listed on Happy Cow.

Pros: Fresh food, Portions were good

Cons: Lining up, few vegan or vege options, crowded

Hardly vegetarian - Edit

Based on their own allergen information, almost every dish contains fish sauce. From time to time you'll find a vegan option, but those are rare. Vegetarian options are more common, but it depends on the day. Basically, I've decided to never set foot in Monsieur Vuong again, even though I used to love it as an omnivore. It's just much safer if you don't try to go there. It's also common having to wait to be seated, and usually the noisy/humid atmosphere inside is kinda uninviting.

Pros: Great food

Cons: Pricey-ish, Always full/humid/hot, Waiting times can get crazy

long time Berlin favorite - Edit

MONSIEUR VUONG is a long time Berlin favorite. Perhaps the best Asian in town. Request a vegetarian version of any dish they are happy to accommodate and make it veggy.
Very popular and can get crowded, try to plan ahead.

Pros: fresh, tasty, will customize menu

Great place - Edit

I feel I have to stand up for this place as the other review is a tiny bit unfair. The thing is, I've yet to come across a dish that they wouldn't make vegetarian for me (probably not vegan as I'd guess they rely on fish sauce) and completely without problems. They just substitute meat with tofu, very simple. Food is excellent, fresh and tasty.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Quick service

Cons: Addictive

not much vegetarian - Edit

There where two vegetarian options, both soup. Nice, but when you are hungry it is not enough. There where very special kinds of tea. I had a bamboo one. I gave 3 cows because the soup I had was good.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: only soup

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Monsieur Vuong closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2774 times since Aug 2007.