WUJIE - Xujiahui Park

Contact 0234692857

392 Tian Ping Rd, Xuhui District, Shanghai, China,

大蔬无界, at 上海市徐汇区天平路392号, is part of an upscale vegetarian restaurant group.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Fusion

First Review by JChan

Organic! - Edit

Cool place. Upmarket. Decor lovely. Service impeccable. And, an oasis of organic (where they can) in the ocean of poison that is the Chinese environment. A bit expensive, but hey, quality costs. Good for a classy meal, but I just go there by myself as well for lunch when nearby

Pros: classy, high quality, organic

Cons: a bit pricey

save up to treat yourself - Edit

The servings here are small and the prices are high, but the atmosphere is nice and the food is tasty. It's not the kind of place you would go to often, but it might be good for when there's a special occasion.

Interesting Vegetarian Place - Edit

I found this place with good fate.

First, it was my SF friend's wedding celebration cum baby celebration cum farewell party dinner. We were invited to the top floor, pte dining.

Then I came back to attend WUJIE's cooking class. And have my lunch here. I love it! There was some issue with the service (appetizer served super super late, even when I finished my mains). I expressed my disappointment & the staff was very kind/ patient to understand (& this is more than enough to resolve). =) =) =)

The third time. Was also a pleasant visit. My friend & I liked our choices. Only puzzling dish was something that is very scattered. We didn't understand what the chef is trying to express, though the rest of the experience has been great, so it didn't matter so much.

In short, I like this place very much. =)

Pros: Eating with sunshine, Beautiful presentation, Creative juxtaposition of ingredients

Cons: Smelly elevator (don't know why), A little oily, Pricey (but I can accept, but not higher

Nice place serving contemporary vegetarian cuisine - Edit

My partner and I came here for dinner on a Friday. Were first told that there'd be no availability until later in the evening, but another staff member managed to squeeze us in. Do make a reservation if you want to secure a table.

The place was quite big with 2-3 floors. Setting was modern and elegant with dim lighting, which made for a nice atmosphere. They had a quite innovative menu that offered a wide range of selection. Eggs/dairy were not labeled, so I had to ask the staff. They pretty much went through the whole menu with us, explaining and answering all my questions, which I found very professional and kind of them. From what they told me, it seemed many of the dishes were vegan. I also liked that they were very light on mock meats.

We settled on a couple of dishes to share. Everything was tasty, though the mushroom stir-fry was a little too oily and the steamed multigrain rice was on the dry side and bit bland. We skipped dessert as most of them contained eggs or dairy.

Portion sizes were average, definitely not big, but enough for 2-3 people to share. Quality does come with a price, so expect to pay around RMB150 per person. We will for sure come back to try out more dishes when in town next time.

Pros: tasty food, menu selection, service

Cons: little greasy

Modern vegan - Edit

It's rather daring for an entrepreneur to run a high class restaurant serving strictly vegetarian food at par with the best gourmet restaurants. Greenology does a good job at it. Though meant as nouveau cuisine the quantity isn't compromised and the taste excellent. This is a nice place for the gourmand or the compassionate couple who wants a rare treat once in a while.

Pros: designer dishes, great ambience, good service

Cons: a bit pricey, no alcohol,obviously

Return to Shanghai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has WUJIE - Xujiahui Park closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2641 times since Aug 2012.