Su Ren - Veg Inn

Contact 021-62810108

1585 Huashan Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai, China,

Name 素人素食, address 徐汇区华山路1585号(泰安路淮海西路). The owner is Tibetan Buddhist. No egg or alcohol used. Has picture menu with English descriptions. Dishes are named with Buddhist terms.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buddhist, Tibetan

First Review by SP

Average - Edit

I didn't really like my mushroom dish with pine nuts. Our daughter loved the sausage and cucumber dish she had. My husband had the pepper steak. I wasn't a fan but he liked it okay. It is very close to our hotel and we love to support veg restaurants so we may try it again. If we do I'll give the curry veggies a whirl.

Pros: staff very nice

nice owner - Edit

The description above says there's a picture menu, but when I went earlier this month (June 2015) there wasn't one. The owner explained that there used to be one, on his iPad, but one day his iPad went missing (someone might've walked away with it?), and since then he hasn't had a chance to do up a new photo menu.

They have a non-photo menu, with a lot of items on it, but all in Chinese. If you can, go with someone who can decipher it for you!

To get there, from Jiaotong Uni metro station (Lines 10 & 11), take exit 7 and it's a short walk north. On the right you'll come to a parking gate (see photo), go through there. You'll see Coolzy Pizza on the right, and Veg Inn is next to it.

The place is small, with seating for only ten. It's a no smoking place, and there's free wifi!

Pros: friendly owner who speaks some English, no smoking, free wifi

Cons: no menu in English

Return to Shanghai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Su Ren - Veg Inn closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1070 times since Jul 2013.