Wild Scallion

Serves meat, vegan options available. Gluten free and dairy free eatery that's mostly vegan except for honey (ask) and chicken. Sources local ingredients from the Okanagan. Casual atmosphere with local art and an open stage for music. Drinks include local organic beer, wine, fresh pressed juices, house-made ginger tea, coffee with coconut milk and raw cane sugar. All desserts are raw. Main dishes are accompanied by rice or mixed grains and a salad. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by vegan frog

bland food - Edit

We ordered several vegan menu items & everything was so bland. The "pad Thai" is just noodles with peanut sauce- no veggies or traditional sauce...not even cilantro or sprouts. The prices are also crazy, considering the quality of food & atmosphere.

Pros: vegan options

Cons: bland food, rundown interior , no sauce on salads - dry

YUM! - Edit

I went there with my mom the other day and it was soooo good! definitely recommend. Everything was super flavourful and delicious and the service was great! I had the carrot, pineapple curry soup on special, my mom had the vegan Alfredo which wasn't like you typical alfredo but way better! We also shared the vegan brie which had blueberries and a garlic oil on top and it was to die for. We were even liking off the plate! The menu is also almost all vegan besides some chicken and fish.

Cute Place, Good Food - Edit

A friend and I stopped here for a light lunch and both enjoyed it. The food was good (vegan brie with crackers, salad rolls and dessert balls) and the service was decent. My friend's salad rolls fell apart right away but tasted good. I would definitely go here again next time I'm in Penticton.

good food fast - Edit

The staff are nice and answer questions. The food must be mostly pre-prepared and comes quickly after ordering. It's tasty and still tastes fresh. I preferred the main meal over the dessert but both were good. I'd go back. Plenty of vegan options.

Pros: good taste, fast service

Delightful Experience Every Time - Edit

Great Atmosphere, and really helpful staff. Awesome variety in dishes, and even raw desserts! Smells amazing and fresh every time you walk by on Main St. Even quick takeout. Highly recommend trying.

Great find in Penticton - Edit

Wild Scallion is a great gem in the middle of Penticton.
Their menu is not vegetarian but very veg friendly.
We had the lunch box, which is jasmine rice, a veg dish and a salad with a sauce of your choice.
I had chickpea curry, and my husband the potato curry which were both vegan. The cabbage salad was super fresh and tasty.
The portions were very decent for the reasonable price we paid ($7/person)
Check out the specials as well, vegan options in there too.

Return to Penticton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wild Scallion closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.